What attributes do I need as a Elemental Shaman ???

45 Troll Shaman
Hi all I'm pretty new to the game in general and often rely on other people advice to lead me. I fear that some one has told me the wrong thing when it comes to my gear. I am an elemental shaman and was told to get Agility and Stamina is this wrong if so what do I need I hear intellect was right please help so i can fix this if it is wrong.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
As an elemental shaman I definitely think that you need to be focusing on Intellect and maybe some spirit? I'm not sure, I'm not a shaman. But I can definitely tell you that you shouldn't be getting Agility or strength or stamina as an elemental shaman. Intellect is the way to go
Reply Quote
Someone has mislead you. As Galir said it's intellect all the way.

You would only need Agility if you were playing Enchancement spec.

I found this thread on the US foums very helpful when I first started my Shammy:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/981898388
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Intellect is your king, queen and <insert rest of royal family>. Spirit, when you spec into elemental precision, becomes point-for-point equal with hit (you need varying amounts of hit as you level up but in general, spirit/hit are fine as you level but not essential - they become a lot more important at max level when it comes to dealing decent DPS). Haste>mastery>crit come next (in that order, though you don't need to worry about mastery until level 80+).

Avoid agility and strength.

Also, you might want to check out totemspot.com - a fantastic and supportive shaman community for old and new shamans.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
22/08/2011 17:25Posted by Firelily
Hi all I'm pretty new to the game in general and often rely on other people advice to lead me. I fear that some one has told me the wrong thing when it comes to my gear. I am an elemental shaman and was told to get Agility and Stamina is this wrong if so what do I need I hear intellect was right please help so i can fix this if it is wrong.

As people told you, it's intellect. As for an explanation why; Elemental Shamans are spellcasters, unlike Enhancement Shamans which are melee fighters. Intellect gives a boost to your mana (and thus allows you to cast more spells) and boosts your spell power (thus making your spells more powerful). Agility only boosts your melee attacks, which you shouldn't be doing as Elemental Shaman :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]