Dungeon Mount Drops

85 Troll Hunter
So was wondering if anyone could list all the dungeons that drop mounts and can be done solo. I've recently been repeating Magister's Terrace and Sethekk Halls for the mount drops and was wondering if there were any other dungeons that would be worth doing.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
http://www.wowhead.com/items=15.5?filter=cr=128;crs=4;crv=0#0-2+1

I think that filter should do the trick. It's not exact but it's better than no filter with hundreds of results at least.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I can't think any dungeons except for normal and heroic Vortex Pinnacle and Heroic Stonecore but they can't be solo'd. Maybe except for normal Vortex. Oh and heroic Culling of Stratholme, which has time limit but if you make it and kill the boss in the time limit, the mount is something like 97% drop change. I have heard people can solo it and make the time limit. There is also really rare flying mount in Tempest Keep but it is a raid, which can be solo'd though. Obsidian Sanctum has Black Drake (10man) and Twilight Drake (25man) but you can't solo those and get the drake. I >think< that is all.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Cata

Zul'aman (timed)
Vortex Pinnacle
Stonecore

WotLK

Culling of Stratholme hc (the timed thing)
Utgarde Pinnacle hc (third boss, very low drop chance)
Occulus hc (drops in the bag that you can only get if you queue random heroic in dungeon finder, so no way to get it when higher than 80)

BC

Magister's Terrace hc
Setthek Halls hc

Classic

Stratholme
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Cata

Zul'aman (timed)
Vortex Pinnacle
Stonecore

WotLK

Culling of Stratholme hc (the timed thing)
Utgarde Pinnacle hc (third boss, very low drop chance)
Occulus hc (drops in the bag that you can only get if you queue random heroic in dungeon finder, so no way to get it when higher than 80)

BC

Magister's Terrace hc
Setthek Halls hc

Classic

Stratholme

To add to list:
ZG: panther boss and bloodlord mandokir can drop mounts, unlikely soloable though.

Raiding-wise there's more, Karazan first boss is easily solo'able and can drop mount. There's 4 mounts from trash in AQ40 though you can't use them outside of the raid. Ashes of Alar may be worth a shot, not soloable for all though. Rest I think you need group for but there's plenty more raids (ragnaros in FL, alysrazor, al'akir,...) Happy hunting!
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
Thanks! You're the best!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Hunters can solo the following instances for mounts(have personally done all of them at least once,so yes they can be soloed):

MgT(Hawkstrider),SH(Raven Lord),Strat(Deathcharger),CoS(Bronze Drake),UP(Blue Proto),Stonecore(Stone Drake),VP(Storm Drake),TK(Ashes of Al'Ar),EoE(Blue and Azure drake),Kara(Fiery Horse)

Might've missed 1 or 2 but i think these are all of em
Edited by Voidrofl on 05/05/2012 07:15 BST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
24/08/2011 17:44Posted by Ravenhair
Oh and heroic Culling of Stratholme, which has time limit but if you make it and kill the boss in the time limit, the mount is something like 97% drop change.

It's actually a 100 %, timed challenges usually have a 100 % chance to drop their reward as it's a reward for reaching a certain goal (much like completing a quest).

24/08/2011 18:58Posted by Eternalsun

You can obtain it through the Satchel of Exotic Mysteries. This can be obtained through signing for a random Heroic mode Dungeon when your role is under-represented. (it has an estimated drop chance of 0.2 %.)
Edited by Kyriogu on 05/05/2012 08:04 BST
Reply Quote
20 Troll Druid
been to stratholme over 100 times now and no drop :/
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Do not forget
Malygos: Reins of the Blue Drake Reins of the Azure Drake
Onyxia: Reins of the Onyxian Drake

Both are soloable too.
Reply Quote
1 Goblin Rogue
where is the dungeon for onyxia?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Vanilla:
Stratholme
AQ mounts, theres that red one which is pretty rare.

Tbc:
Sethek halls
Magisters terrace
Tempest keep
Karazhan

WotlK
Utgarde pinnacle
Onyxia
Eye of eternity, 10 man drops 2 mounts
Obsidian sanctum 10 and 25 man
Vault of archavon, mammoth mount there

Cata
ZG, panther boss
Stonecore
Vortex pinnacle
Firelands, alysrazor
Throne of the four winds and Al'akir im not sure about. Might be soloable

Happy soloing :P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
07/01/2013 19:33Posted by Sheclie
where is the dungeon for onyxia?

It's not a dungeon it's a raid, the entrance is located in Dustwallow Marsh.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Seems everyone is forgetting Invincible from LK heroic, The pureblood firehawk from ragnaros HC, the head mount from the last boss of ulduar and that mount from Deathwing HC
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
09/01/2013 13:20Posted by Fastpow
Seems everyone is forgetting Invincible from LK heroic, The pureblood firehawk from ragnaros HC, the head mount from the last boss of ulduar and that mount from Deathwing HC

Not every player can solo LK 25 hc.. or ragnaros hc or hardmode Yogg-saron. Also Deathwing hc probably cant even be soloed yet. Thats why the bosses were not mentioned
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Does anybody know a really easy flying Mount drop then i mean like 80% that most of the time drop?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Nice necro, but Bronze Drake from heroic Culling of Stratholme will always drop if you meet the timer.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
thers an add-on called mountainofmounts-mop it tells u what mounts u have and need and where to find themalso go to your armoury page click on mounts and pets and go to not collected that will help you find them.
Edited by Irrelevent on 24/07/2013 10:20 BST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
its not a boss you kill for the mount its a Infinite Corruptor which is an elite but i have soloed it twice now and i always remember to go and kill him within the time and the mount has dropped both times :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]