ChewOnDis (A) is (finally) recruiting

90 Dwarf Hunter
ChewOnDis is a social guild which has existed for over three years, with many members having been in the guild since the early days. We are a tightly knit group of people sharing similarities in certain aspects of our lives, who come together in WoW to enjoy the game as much as eachother's company. We are a guild of real people with real lives, with the guild providing an environment where there's no need to hide behind a nickname, and where no one is surprised if you find your day's work more frustrating than wiping on a Firelands boss (and wish to share that frustration with others).

Although we are first and foremost a social guild, we take our raiding rather seriously. Some of our members are ex-hardcore who had to give it up because real life caught up with them, others are simply motivated to explore endgame on a challenging level. Although we have only two raid nights per week, we've managed to maintain a competitive level of raiding since Karazhan. We are currently at 1/7 Firelands heroic. Our raid nights are tuesdays and thursdays 20:00-23:00.

All in all, we normally don't recruit actively, and most certainly not for the specific purpose of raiding. New members are proposed by existing members, usually because they are real life acquaintances, colleagues, friends, or family members.

In fact, the reason why we are recruiting now is exemplary of who and what we are: our main tank has found a new job, which reduces his availability on raid nights. We're all happy about his new job (since the old one kinda sucked) and fully understand he can't make some raids, but we want to keep our raids going. After we've assessed you as a person, be ready to convince him that you're not only a nice guy but also a nice tank. A dps offspec would be appreciated.

Also, one of our healers has a scheduling issue at work, meaning he won't be available for some raids, so we're looking for a healer, perhaps with a dps offspec.

Lastly, a caster dps (mage or boomkin) would be a welcome addition; this could well be an alt to the aforementioned tank and healer.

We've been working on starting a second/alt group on wednesdays, which means that we would be able to practically guarantee at least one raid night per week. This second group is in need of more players; we specifically ask for people that are looking at entry-level raiding to reply, given you think you'd fit in with us.

We're going to be asking of you things that seem odd (or perhaps even inappropriate) for recruiting a WoW player, but we do this because our guild is about people first, not players. So here's what we'll be expecting:

As a person:
- you are either male or female.
- you are at least 21 years old. No exceptions.
- you speak proper english, including oral (unless you're welsh or scottish in which case we will waive the requirement).
- you preferably have a job.
- you are preferably in a relationship (any kind).
- you are not zealous about religion, sexual orientation, world politics, etc.
- you can at least appreciate weird humor, or preferably participate in it.

And as a player:
- you play a tank, and have done so for a while.
- you maintain an offspec actively (regardless if it's healer or dps).
- you have participated in raiding during the previous two tiers with a certain level of competitiveness.
- you are up to date on your gear.
- you are used to checking out tactics, and used to following a raid leader's instructions.
- you play because you enjoy playing.

Bonus points are rewarded for:
- being a dwarf, regardless of class/spec.
- being a gnome, regardless of class/spec.
- knowing good jokes about draenei.
- being from Ireland.
- being from Iceland.
- enjoying cooking (in a kitchen, not as a WoW profession - in fact, if asked "do you like cooking?" and your immediate response is "yeah I'm 525", don't bother applying)
- liking cats.
- owning cats.
- looking great in a suit.

In conclusion: we're looking for someone who "fits in", not "the greatest tank in history". We're offering a fun social environment plus benefits. Please be elaborate in your application, which you can post to www.chewondis.net
Edited by Watashi on 31/10/2011 00:42 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Raid times are Tuesdays and Thursdays, 20-23 game time.
Reply Quote

- looking great in a suit.

Does a boiler suit count? I am naked underneath if that helps!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
26/08/2011 14:36Posted by Nostrum
Does a boiler suit count? I am naked underneath if that helps!

As long as it's that sexy yellow or orange, hell yeah.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Still looking for that "special" tank.
Edited by Belindra on 01/09/2011 16:59 BST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Bump, edited. Now looking for tank (perhaps with dps offspec or alt), healer with dps offspec, and/or a mage.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Bump again. We are looking for people to join our second 10man group.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Bump. We are in need of a priest/druid/paladin healer with dps offspec. Current progress DS10 8/8.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Bump, this time for a warrior/druid tank with dps offspec.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Bump, we could still use that tank (insanity is NOT considered a problem) and maybe a caster dps.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
bump for still a tank and perhaps caster dps.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
bump for melee and caster dps. Raid spots are guaranteed.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
/bump for cookies!

...wait, we're not bumping for baked goods? since WHEN?!

/sulk
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
Well me and my wife could fill the ranged DPS and healing requirements quite easily.....

And I also have my main who is a warrior, can tank a little when geared, can hurt a lot no matter what.

Going to have a look at the website at some point too though.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Bump. Because I can.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Greetings Watashi!

I would like to apply to ChewOnDis.

Firstly I am British, speak excellent English and have played WOW since BC. Presently I am caring for my elderly mother (81 on Wednesday), I am 48 years young. My mind is firmly in reality with WOW being a form of escape for fun. I am also a big Terry Pratchett fan. I am an atheist, and try to enjoy life, and respect others. Oh yes, I like cats and have 5 :) All rescue moggies.

My first toon (Edrizzt) was a tank druid (who I still have), so I understand the requirement of keeping mobs attention. Last ten man was Karazan tbh, but I do know how to look for tactics and follow leaders instructions. Although cálysto is DPS she has tank gear and I would be happy to fit to the guilds requirements. However I am primarily looking for a fun, mature guild where I can hang out and have a good time. The social part is essential. I know the game quite well. cálysto is lvl 380, been there for a few days while I do some 'achievements'. I have 8 other toons, including 5 levels 85s (Hunter D, Druid NE, pally D ,mage NE & rogue NE). All these toons would be for guild if any use.

I note you may need a caster DPS, my mage and or hunter could soon be item levelled up if needed. If you can wait that is? If not well, not worries, I understand.

I am looking for a social guild with opportunities for raiding, however I understand if you find my lack of 10 man raiding a major draw back. I also understand, as you are a group of people who know each other well for a long while, I am entirely unknown.

If you want to know any more whisper me online :)
Edited by Cálysto on 24/04/2012 22:18 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]