Transmogrification: Incomplete tier sets...?

(Locked)

85 Draenei Mage
Hello,

I want my mage to wear the mage Tempest set (tier 6) in the next patch. Now I've noticed that the set has no matching belt, shoes or bracers. Those belong to the set dropping in Sunwell Plateau. First, I thought I'd find a different belt (and shoes and bracers but I don't really care about them since I can't see them). But a NPC on a boat, who has a whiter/ yellower version of the Tempest set, at the Isle of Quel'Danas does actually have a matching belt. I've looked it up and the belt can not be bought and it does not drop anywhere. Also, the NPC has better sleeves. The sleeves of the Tempest set just stop at the middle of the arms. The NPC has long sleeves (although she is not wearing gloves. Even if she did the sleeves would just go into the gloves, not stop at the middle of her arms).

I'm not sure about other tier sets, perhaps other classes have the same problem? I hope Blizzard will fix this before the next patch will come out, which should not be to much of a problem since they already exist in a different color.

Thanks for reading and please post it if you have the same problem (with another class).
90 Draenei Paladin
I do hope most sets will get matching pieces -in some form- in future patches, even if as a trash from Darkmoon Faire. However, for now, try to use another belt that doesn't clash with rest of the set.
Community
This is going to be half the fun for a lot of people looking forward to Transmogrification; finding matching sets and combinations that look awesome together :)

While it's too early to say for sure, it's possible that after this feature launches, there will be a number of items that people request become available to Transmogrify. We're going to monitor this feedback and hopefully be able to build on the feature based on that, however, that's not to say every item people ask for will suddenly appear in the game.
89 Dwarf Hunter
Or just let styles drop in 85 HC instances
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well I do know that for paladins, the matching belt, bracers and boots for Tier 6 are the following:

Girdle of Hope - http://www.wowhead.com/item=30897 - Drops off Azgalor in Hyjal Past

Pearl Inlaid Boots - http://www.wowhead.com/item=32243 - Drops off High Warlord Naj'entus in Black Temple

The Seeker's Wristguards - http://www.wowhead.com/item=32279 - Drops off Shade of Akama in Black Temple.

Mage I guess maybe the Angelista's Belt and Blue Suede shoes are good fits, but I've not followed them much...
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I have to say I don't really like the limitation of items with stats only, I can understand the issue about ridicule items (like fish weapons) but I would really love to have my warlock running around wearing the twill set (and a monocle).
85 Worgen Priest
That would be perfect! that way i can get the shoes the rings the belts the bracers the pink dress dont gimmie no salmon i aint asking for rose im talkin pink like a Baby's booty got slapped
90 Human Paladin
indeed, white armor (and even grey) should be usable for tranmsgrification imo, don't see why not as some green items share the same armor model.
85 Worgen Priest
Blizz can heirloom be changed (looks)? :p im tierd of watching old same skull -.-
90 Human Warlock
I want my mage to wear the mage Tempest set (tier 6) in the next patch. Now I've noticed that the set has no matching belt, shoes or bracers

This is actualy a problem that almost all classes get faced with every time new gear becomes available.

For example there is no belt that matches Warlock T12 anywhere in the game - sadly I dont see them adding in the missing item art every single tier. This alone is probably going to ensure that I always used a Transmogrified old set and never use the newer tier sets at all...

It would be a shame too, all they have to do is add the missing art to a green item on a special vendor.
85 Night Elf Rogue
Sounds like a perfect opportunity to add some nice items to Archaeology....
85 Human Warrior
The tier 6 series, has had it skin fixed, so get over it please.
My tier 6 set 8/8 looks like it would with 5/8 and non sets
85 Human Paladin
02/09/2011 01:22Posted by Veryna
Sounds like a perfect opportunity to add some nice items to Archaeology....

I approve of this :D Or dungeon and raid bosses.
85 Undead Rogue
and for pvp:ers? lol u cant just think about pve.ers even though i know u pve:ers are big egos
86 Blood Elf Mage
I want twill set :(
86 Blood Elf Mage
02/09/2011 09:41Posted by Salvatic
and for pvp:ers? lol u cant just think about pve.ers even though i know u pve:ers are big egos

Because most pvpers are whining it interferes with their ability to judge opponents on their gear, which you can easily do by looking at their hp.

And if you think pve-ers have big ego, go post something in pvp section and see how long it takes to get LULZ @ RATINGS NAB comments.
85 Human Paladin
02/09/2011 09:58Posted by Triarii
Because most pvpers are whining it interferes with their ability to judge opponents on their gear, which you can easily do by looking at their hp.

That is crappy excuse ever. I mean we had druids all along, + hiding rouges, + display helm, + some appearance changers.
85 Goblin Priest
EQ
I wanna raid in my bloodsail admiral costume >.<
85 Blood Elf Priest
These are just crying out to be used in Transmogrification

http://www.wowhead.com/item=3315
87 Blood Elf Warrior
This is going to be half the fun for a lot of people looking forward to Transmogrification; finding matching sets and combinations that look awesome together :)

While it's too early to say for sure, it's possible that after this feature launches, there will be a number of items that people request become available to Transmogrify. We're going to monitor this feedback and hopefully be able to build on the feature based on that, however, that's not to say every item people ask for will suddenly appear in the game.

May I get clarification that this works on most items with stats(discounting "silly items") and not just tier items?
I got mixed feelings when blue posts say that "we will monitor closely" and that theres "certain items and armor types you arent meant to use for now" etc.

Maybe its just me but sometimes I think you might want to monitor "too closely" and only allow tier sets "for now".
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]