Class Feedback: Rogue

(Locked)

Community
We’re looking for feedback on your class as we work on changes and adjustments for a future game update. While we may be making some specific class changes in 4.3, what we’re looking for in this thread is overall feeling on the class as a whole for more long term changes in the future.

Here is the kind of feedback that is NOT helpful in this particular thread:

• Concerns that your current damage, healing or tanking is not competitive. While this kind of feedback is often useful, it also is the kind of thing that can change from patch to patch, and so it isn’t as useful for long term vision changes.

• Concerns that your feedback is being ignored or that we don’t take these kind of posts seriously, or otherwise posting anything that is off-topic or not in the spirit of this thread’s intent.

• Requests for responses to your suggestions or feedback. The purpose of this thread is to get information to us, not the reverse.

We hope you take these threads seriously, as we’re going to be reading them very carefully. We ask that you take time to think and formulate a useful and objective reply, as this feedback could be used to alter your class in substantial ways.

We won’t be replying here addressing your concerns. This is purely for us to read your answers to the below questions.

Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• What spells do you use the least?
85 Goblin Rogue

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• RP, PvP and Soloing old school raids.
  • If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Soloing Old school raids, and 5 mans
  • If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• BGs mostly, sometimes arena
  • What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• I would love it if poisons could be removed, and just made like hunter spec, or the runeforging.
  • What makes playing your class more fun?
  • I love the Combo system, but it gets quite dull pressing the same button over and over again.
  • What makes playing your class less fun?
  • See above
  • How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
  • It is Very dull
  • What’s on your wish list for your class?
  • I would love if all three speccs Could feel, less tied to each other.
  • What spells do you use the least?
  • [/ul]
    Pick pocket,and combat Readiness.
    Edited by Swizzlo on 12/09/2011 17:32 BST
    85 Human Rogue
    What type of content do you focus on? Both
    If PvE, what type of PvE? Raids
    If PvP, what type of PvP? Arenas
    What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Having to buy poisons almost everytime I play or just increase the duration of poison buff on weapons.
    How do you feel about your “rotation”? Would like to see Rupture being usefull even if it means tweaks on other spell/abilities, also Vendetta being a selfbuff instead of a debuff would help alot on fights will adds.
    What’s on your wish list for your class? Lower reliance on Deadly Poison stacks for ramp up, I feel that combo points are enough to stop some burst from the Rogue class.
    What spells do you use the least? In PvE Combat Readiness it's really useless, maybe adding a glyph like Divine Protection would help making it more usefull lowering the damage it reduces or something along those lines.
    For PvP we get again on the laughtable damage Rupture does compared to most melee dots that dont even need any ramp up (combo points) like Rend or Rake, again even if it means tweaks on other spell/abilities
    Edited by Maeko on 12/09/2011 17:30 BST
    MVP
    85 Night Elf Rogue
    Oh, lovely, a chance to make an incredibly long post.
    I'm not going to decline that offer ^^

12/09/2011 17:00Posted by Takralus
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvP.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

All of it, although not at the most competitive level.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I don't have the impression that Rogues currently have any of those issues. Sure, we still need to buy and apply Poisons but I wouldn't want to see that go. After all, we're still Rogues.

What makes playing your class more fun?

Personally I love the design of the class due to it's "stealthiness". Rather than raw damage, this class is mainly about control (Sub spec) and although that means we deal less damage, it's still a competitive spec due to the control and the survivability with cooldowns.

It's a completely different class from the rest and that appeals to me. It can't really be compared to any other class and although the uniqueness has been damaged a little bit recently, it's still very much there.

What makes playing your class less fun?

The thing I hate the most is the Vanish/Stealth bug but I haven't got the impression that that will ever be fixed.
    On top of that I really dislike the aim to make every spec viable for PvE without separating at least 1 ability the way Colossal Smash was done because it damages the uniqueness of the Subtlety spec (damage over control).

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

PvP doesn't really have much of a rotation, but for as far as you can call it a "rotation", I pretty much like it because we have got a lot of abilities to use. We're not stuck using 2 or 3 spells, but we actually have to use at least 6 non-CD abilities all the time (BS, Hemo, Evis, Recup, SnD and Shiv).

What’s on your wish list for your class?

No more damage buffs and definitely no control nerfs.
    So ermm... not much ^^

What spells do you use the least?

That's an unfair question because naturally a Sub Rogue doesn't use Sinister Strike, which doesn't make it a bad ability. Same goes for Rupture, which is terrible for Sub but essential for Mutilate.

Expose Armor comes to mind though, which is useless in every spec.

I think I did quite well with keeping it short ^^
    90 Pandaren Rogue

PvE
    If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids 25man HC

--
    What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

not refreshing poisons, not being limited on using daggers as OH

not having mana !

being limited on dps because of capping on energie :<.
    Beaming around in KS and dying in stupid stuff because of it:<
    How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

For Assassination - ok
    For Combat - messed up because of energie capping
    For Subtley - didnt try it out in HC25 but imagine it hella annoying because of positioning and rup/snd/rec timing.

find a way to handle the energie probs as comabt as our haste rating is even getting higher in upcoming tiers. And i do think that assassination will fall behind in DPS because of low Wpndmg scaling. And Sub will explode :> because of it and the 30% extra Agility. Make shadowstep a baseline ability and give Sub something different.
    And fix KS teleport....with a Glyph or something
    Edited by Ryuuji on 12/09/2011 17:47 BST
    85 Goblin Rogue
    Vex
    Combat Rogue

PVE
    10M Normal Raids
    Making poisions permanent, but can be replaced easily (A bit like glyphs, you buy some sort of "weapon cleanser" to clean your weapon, then apply a new poison that you have)
    The diversity of situational abilities that can avoid you taking a lot of damage, E.g You can use feint, cloak of shadows/combat readiness, recuperate, eavasion to avoid/reduce damage taken, which is very useful to healers, as you can cope on trash with these abilities if your tank somehow dies, you can also use your wide variety of stuns to keep you from getting hit.

While target switching you need the target to be alive for a moderate duration or your damage will be severly below what it should be. You need atleast 30 seconds for deadly poison to stack up, with redirect on a 1 minute cooldown you cannot do a lot of damage starting with no bandit's gulie, which can really affect your damage on fights such as Majordomo Staghelm's cat phase.

Also, the fact that there is NO fast 1handed sword/mace/axes to use is appalling. I do not like to use daggers, they are too small and lack any real model except for a short blade, whereas with swords, et cetera, you can design the artwork better as there is more of it to design. I think you should add either fast off-hands or make it so we can benefit from using slow off-hands.
    How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    I feel that combat rogue rotation is too easy if you do not have someone to put up a bleed damage increase, Sinister strike > Slice and Dice > 4 combo points (Sinister Strike) > Revealing strike > Eviscerate and repeat. Not really that challenging, but having an extra ability to hit makes it more fun. I suggest you increase rupture damage so that you should always use it regardless of a damage modifier.

Combat
    I hope for a better system to switch targets for rogues, as currently it is the downfall of this fantastic class, and as I mentioned something to make the rotation slightly more challenging, such as using rupture regardless of a bleed damage debuff.
    I would also like to see something to smooth out energy regeneration. Occasionally when I use Adrenalin Rush I can get energy capped, and not be able to dump it in time (E.g if I get trinket proc of haste/4 set bonus of haste while Adrenaline Rush, it is mostly wasted) I don't find this very appealing as I am somewhat hesitant to use Adrenaline Rush while my trinket is off ICD. (Which is why I sometimes just do without 4 set/haste trinkets)

Aesthetically
    You could add in a way to make it viable to dual weild swords/axes/maces as opposed to having to use a dagger in the off-hand, as I've said before, because daggers lack any real design.

As well, tier gear should be designed to be darker, and in particular shadowy, such as a rogues nature, hiding in the shadows waiting for the right time to strike. Or armor sets made with dark, shadowy themes but with glows of different colours (Prefarably red or green), to give it a feeling of it's not just one colour on the palette of armor, but some thought has been put into it. (Could also design an armor around the poison aspect of rogues and make it drip poison or some other effect).

Spells I use the least include:
    Rupture (A damage loss)
    Backstab (Possibly make it like assassination and use it sub-35%?)
    Gouge (No real PvE use)
    Expose Armor (Provided by other classes in most raids, perhaps make it decrease armor of the target when attacked by the rogue only)
    Combat Readiness (Make a more diverse range of damage dealing abilities on boss fights, such as an un-avoidable blade storm where this ability would shine)
    Pick Pocket (Possibly make it a mechanic of a fight where you need to pick-pocket X mob for a damage buff or something similair?)
    Shiv (Not many bosses have a dispellable enrage (If any))
    Deadly Throw (Not viable to use unless you cannot, for whatever reason, reach the boss (Nefarian for example))
    Dismantle (All bosses are immune)
    Smoke Bomb (No use at all anywhere)
    (Possibly more that I have forgotten, but will most likely be used situationally)
    Edited by Shadowg on 12/09/2011 18:01 BST
    87 Undead Rogue
    What type of content do you focus on? PvP

BG's, and sometimes arena

I think the combat tree , needs a little boost for PvP. killing spree is too weak in my opinion.

I think rogues are overall okay,

Facing overpowered classes, like mages. Or healers with too much mana.
    1v1 they should, in my opinion , get oom faster :) its kind of impossible to kill a healer as long as it has mana.

i think its okay, i can work well with it.

A smoke bomb when you vanish would be fun :) maybe as a trinket, or something from a talent tree. but it's not really necciscary :P

shiv
    85 Orc Rogue

PvE

Raids

One issue I have is that since you introduced the idea of CPs staying on mobs after they die, it's something I have got used to being able to have all the time. The problem here is that when mobs in boss fights despawn instantly upon death, such as the cats in the majordomo staghelm encounter, you lose any CPs you had on them as opposed to being able to redirect them back onto the boss. This also occurs when ragnaros submerges, and in one or two other places.

Another issue, though very minor, is that poisons still have to be applied. In the game world today, considering how weapon buffs such as poisons work with other classes, I don't see any real reason for rogues not to be able to just click them once then ignore them, or at least have them insta cast like for a shaman. I understand that this is a move away from strong lore, but you have shown several times in the past that this is a step you are willing to take for QoL improvements, such as ammunition.

In combat or assassination, a not overly complicated rotation combined with reasonably competitive damage and tidy ways for good players to squeeze in a bit more dps (when to rupture etc...). That last point perhaps moreso for combat.

Bosses that move and have too small hitboxes to easily keep up with, losing combo points at 5cp because an add died, low crits as combat (I know I said damage is competitive, but everyone loves higher numbers and it's part of what I like about playing my mage as arcane), having virtually no ways of keeping damage going even slightly at a range,

Subtlety is perhaps a bit overcomplicated given the current state of it's damage output, but frankly you already know that. Combat is best, assassination seems a bit fixed and unvaried but is frankly fine.

More shadowy-roguey looking tier gear (LOVED tier 5)
    some sort of death coil ranged attack.
    maybe baseline shadowstep and a nerf to sprint speed would work well together.
    glyph of kick reducing the energy cost to 0, although maybe slightly OP in PvP.
    competitive subtlety dps in PvE.

This will be skewed because I'm not a PvPer much, but gouge, smokebomb (due to the fact that on almost all boss abilities where it would be cool to have it doesn't affect them), combat readiness, deadly throw, dismantle, recuperate feels a bit underpowered in PvE considering the cost, and sap (it's constraints make it rather useless as a CC since other classes can do exactly the same thing without ANY risk of pulling.)
    90 Night Elf Rogue
    What type of content do you focus on? PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? HC Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Carrying 5 stacks of assorted poisons (for PvE & PvP). Makes like a wee bit more annoying when you throw in 2 stacks of Tol'Vir Potions, Flasks of the Winds, Food (Fortune Cookies & Skewered Eels).

What makes playing your class more fun? Fast response times. Rogues are often the class who are running around, being the adaptable member of the raids often due to the large number of tools at our disposal.

What makes playing your class less fun? I feel the art direction for Rogue gear is poorly misunderstood. We're often described as Bandits, Assassins and Thieves, yet our gear is often clunky, heavy and illogical. Rogues have always been about speed of attack and agility, yet the gear looks decidedly heavy, obstructive and 'un-ninja-like'.

I also find that the lack of suitable alternative OH weapons is pretty restricting. As a combat rogue, I would love to wield swords in both hands. There should always be matching alternatives to each weapon type: dagger, sword, axe, fist or mace.

Assassination: Too simplistic. I often find myself on Auto-Mode.
    Combat: About right. Rotation is straight forward yet allows for situational responses should the need arise, yet not completely bugger up your rotation should you make a mistake.
    Subtlety: Too complex due to the problem of movement may potentially completely wipe out a rotation and the player is forced to start again but with CD's currently unavailable.

What’s on your wish list for your class? My wish list.

Viable combat daggers: Can be achieved by adding a modifier (XXX% if dagger is equipped) to sinister strike, revealing strike & Eviscerate. There are many very good looking daggers (MH) that are simply unviable for combat due to the lower damage output.

Instant ranged attack: I've lost count to how many rares I've lost the tag because someone else has moonfired/death gripped etc when I'm running to it.

Purely situational. Some fights will require a spell that would otherwise sit dormant (feint for example on Baleroc or Nefarion is highly useful, yet unused in other fights). I have no problems with unused spells.

Depends on the conditions. Rogue have always performed their best in different situational circumstances.
    Edited by Kelticfox on 12/09/2011 17:40 BST
    90 Night Elf Rogue
    "What type of content do you focus on?"

Both, equally. And the same answers for the next two questions, I do it all, and enjoy it all.

"What makes playing your class more fun?"
    The difference between the specs. I raid combat, which feels like a ninja-esque warrior, getting up close and dealing oodles of damage, and using defensive abilities to take a beating when necessary. Contrasted with sub pvp which is super sneaky, pick off and destroy your target. I love the S10 PvP set, reminds me of shredder from TMNT :)

"What’s on your wish list for your class?"

I've always likened my PvP persona to a scout type class, moving ahead of the main force, picking off individuals, capping objectives etc. Now I realise this is a controversial suggestion, but I've always wanted the ability to *set* traps, as well as disarm them. A movement impairing man trap, possibly that causes a bleed, or maybe an explosive one is appealing. The US Military Sapper is something that I've got in the back of my mind.
    I also like the idea of a petless hunter, in the sniper vain, but realise that making rogues dangerous at range would kind of hamper the point of the class. Would fit the assassin model though.

Smoke bomb was an awesome addition, more of the same please :) A flash bomb for the blind animation would be cool.
    Edited by Evitarani on 12/09/2011 17:51 BST
    90 Human Rogue
    Rather than answering any of your questions i have one for you. But first let me point you to the reason why i find this post frustrating. Last time i saw this sort of post was pre cata. Cata launched and you contradicted everything you set out and planned to do.

Still too reliant on cooldowns which you made oh so much much better by... adding 3 more cooldowns.

You then decided to make one CD ( combat readiness ) next to useless because you failed to realize the true value of Cloak is to gain a restealth.

Still too much damage from passive sources which you made oh so much better by...having crap masterys that buff passive dmg.

Still too much ramp up time which you made oh so much better by...Bandits guile ( i seriously have no clue as to how you thought this would be a great talent)

Killing spree is still the only pve talent that can and will kill you and in certain cases you wont actually have any control over what happened.

Sub is the only viable spec realistically for pvp due to mobility and our reliance on cooldowns and thus prep. You made other specs viable by...buffing all ranged class with more roots and slows and allowing them to do considerable more dmg via moving.

The way to do maximum AoE damage is currently to use a level 1 thrown weapon with 3 second speed just because of how poison dmg works....

Blade-flurry is stupidly OP on any boss where you can get a add in range to cleave. And there isn't much of a penalty to having it on. Heck in certain circumstances i have had energy regen over 40 per sec which obviously means i energy cap.

So my question is why actually bother posting this? The last one did nothing. i'm not saying you didn't listen but it obviously didn't change anything either.

The rogue class for me has broken and outdated mechanics. Sure there not terrible but there also not really great. It really is time for a revamp. Im not asking for a buff to my class i actually think there one of the most balanced classes atm in pve and pvp. But the way they work MECHANICALLY (and thats the key thing here) sucks.

P.S. I hope you find my candid attitude pleasing. But seriously though you obviously spent less development time on rogues throughout the several expansions of warcraft. Why bother posting threads like this if history shows you ignore them.
    85 Worgen Rogue
    COMBAT ROGUE

# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroic 25man raids

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

Always need to put on / refresh poison, only daggers for offhand, to much ramp up time

# What makes playing your class more fun?

No mana

# What makes playing your class less fun?

Energy capping ( major problem as combat ), the worst talent ever made : Bandit's guile, getting killed by killing spree cause it teleports you around

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Combat rotation is boring cause its still the same as in vanilla

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

As a pure DPS class that doesnt bring anything to the raid besides DPS, i wish for a DPS increase cause at the moment we are only average dps with hybrids doing more DPS then us.
    Also, with ulduar giving healing legendary, ICC str legendary and now firelands caster legendary, i hope for an agility legendary next.

# What spells do you use the least?

Smoke bomb, combat readiness, dismantle, expose armor, deadly throw, sap. All useless in 25man PvE
    Edited by Fuvice on 12/09/2011 17:56 BST
    85 Goblin Rogue

For Combat - messed up because of energie capping

this^

sorry for not sticking to the template but i agree with everything said in the post i quoted

it gets more and more annoying in hc content when you have so much energy regen at times that using 1 button that doesnt cost energy makes you cap out.

because of this i keep slacking on stuff i should be doing, like using feint on a high hitting aoe ability, and i don't always use tricks on time.

it was not an issue in assassin spec since it you actually would wait some for energy to stack a bit before envenom so there was plenty of time to use those abilities without being punished for it(capping out). feint and tricks off the global CD, how awesome does that sound?

also, make tricks of the trade like missdirection! as in cancelling the buff before triggered refresh the CD. nothing more annoying than using it prematurely and having it run out 2 sec before a pull.

85 Night Elf Rogue

Mostly PvE.

25m hc Raids

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

BGs, Arenas for conq cap

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I don't like reapplying poisons every ~50 min.

I like having special roles in raids like going sub on valiona hc or running from lazer on atramedes, disarming traps on shannox. I also like sub 35% backstab spam as muti and timing killing spree with insight as combat.

Useless killing spree on some fights (come on, it's been years since this ability went live, you could've done something to prevent falling in lava on magmaw and rag when using it), shared cd of 2 def abilities which makes combat readiness completely useless in pve and rarely useful in pvp, having to reapply poisons, ramp up times, vendetta as debuff.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Combat is somewhat boring, sub takes too much concentration, muti is fine.

Bring back off hand swords/axes/maces, dagger off-hands for combat killed spec aesthetics for me (or simply let transmog oh daggers for swords/axes/maces); poisons should run for eternity until cancelled (don't even think about using "feel" excuse again), bring back hunger for blood or make vendetta a self buff, give rogue legendary, give us flashy move (smoke bomb is cool, but some ultimate badass instant attack with 1min+ cd would be even cooler) and umm... swirly ball?

Deadly throw.
    Edited by Fluorescent on 12/09/2011 18:21 BST
    90 Blood Elf Rogue

PVE - some casual PVP

Raids

BGs, some Arena

Poisons expiring, but I'm not sure I'd want to change them.
    Shadow step into lava

PVE
    Lack of CD on abilities. I much prefer the keep up x buff+debuff gameplay rather than waiting for an ability that i want to press due to DAMAGE thats on cd due to doing too much DAMAGE to be spamable.
    PVP
    The control and stealth gameplay, I love being able to choose my fights and get away when needed, return and lock down a healer etc.

Having to be in front of the boss, low HP adds

Pretty happy with the sub rotation, maybe changing rupture to be refreshed by any number of combo point evis (a'la muti snd) loosing a rupture is kinda annoying.

Better AOE for sub, atm I just dont really AOE unless its essential
    A more interesting rotation for combat (sorry not my thing at all)

FOK (as sub), Shiv, blind(I know, im just not great at pvp), combat readiness (why would i risk having clos on cd?), expose armor - I'm sure theres a few more I've forgotten.
    90 Goblin Rogue
    What type of content do you focus on? PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Raids (normal/heroic modes)

If PvP, what type of PvP? BGs, Rated BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? I like the new combo point system, that some fellow rogues mentioned, but sometimes it bugs and my points are just lost, a very good example would be on magmaw when i switch to brain phase and back to normal the cp that are still on his brain are just gone and cant use em.
    I dont mind buying and stacking poisons in my bag, i find one of the few things that makes rogues unique and doing that 3-4 second ''job'' is nothing.

What makes playing your class more fun? I like sneaking behind the boss and nuking it, powerfull melee class that i am. I have a lot of abilities that makes me enjoy raiding everytime.

What makes playing your class less fun? The thing that kinda annoys me is when i have to interrupt bosses especially making a kick rotation with someone else, when its a 2man job. I would prefer to do it solo or not at all :P !

How do you feel about your “rotation”? The assass specc that i current play i really enjoy the rotation, quite simple and steady and gives me the impression that my rogue is on fire!!!

What’s on your wish list for your class? It would be nice to have other type of off hands and not only daggers. And i would like bigger weapons (ss Talon of Azshara ) and weapons that be stay on my back like the daggers from zul'gurub. Also the tiers aint so exciting as they used to be. Like t2/t5/t6 !

What spells do you use the least? Although u introduced Redirect in cataclysm, i dont find it so ''attractive'' for an ability, i mean the thought was good switching around combo points, but the cooldown is really long to make it valiable ability, plus sometimes as i mentioned earlier the combo points bug or are just gone! The rest abilities are fine from my point of view though some aint really usefull on pve. (smokebomb, couge etc) but they own on pvp and i am glad for em.
    Edited by Eclypsis on 12/09/2011 18:19 BST
    90 Gnome Rogue
    What type of content do you focus on? - PvE, PvP and RP.
    If PvE, what type of PvE? - Raiding but not heroic.
    If PvP, what type of PvP? - BGs, low rating arena.
    What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? The current state of poisons. As a profession, poisons were fun. Buying them as they are, especially since hunters no longer require amo, is far less interesting.
    What makes playing your class more fun? Stealth.
    What makes playing your class less fun? See above comment about poisons, general unique-ness of the class disappearing with changes to keys and removal of poison skill.
    How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) No complaints.
    What’s on your wish list for your class? Poisons to return to a skill or resemble runeforging, introduction of new class quests, revealing strike to (honestly) go away so combat feels less clunky.
    What spells do you use the least? Expose Armo(u)r.
    90 Human Paladin
    Firstly, I wish to thank Blizz for taking class specific feedback from players themselves; this is a step in the right direction, so we appreciate it.

"What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]"

As my rogue I only really PVP since for me the class itself is built for PVP mostly (in my eyes).

"If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]"

Everything from arena to BGs to world PVP (if possible). I prefer small group pvp or duels as a rogue since those are where mistakes are felt the greatest and can make or break you the most.

"What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters."

As a rogue, I feel that being forced into one spec for PVP is not the way forward, especially when we can enjoy a spec that is no longer viable such as Mutilate at the moment when this spec was born for PVP.

"What makes playing your class more fun?"

If I feel as if my class/spec has a place somewhere where it can be strong, then that is a huge motivator for me. So basically, viability is what makes my class (in this case my rogue) more fun for me personally. Being useful and having a place always makes the game more fun. I'm not asking to be carried by my class spec, but to stand a chance in the current environment, and thus, make a difference to the outcome as opposed to feel like merely target practice.

"What makes playing your class less fun?"

Being useless in the current scheme of things and thus being forced to respec into a new role in order to stay viable and simply survive. That is not my idea of fun. If I can't play what I find fun in this game, then what's the point?

"How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)"

As long as our rotation involves more than spamming one or two buttons and leaves room for the timing of other abilities, I have no problem with it. If that strikes you as a general answer, then you'd be correct. :)

"What’s on your wish list for your class?"

Mutilate PVP. Please please make this viable again. I loved this spec for the simple reason that it was so unforgiving and thereby forced you to improve. When one mistake can cost you your life, it's either improve or die. That's what I feel the appeal of this particular spec is above all else.

Towards that end of making Mutilate viable again, I wish you'd make Preparation baseline or simply move it from the Sub tree to the Assassination one while compensating for the loss somewhere with more damage for Sub. Sub already has mobility. Either that or make Prep baseline. It's a simple solution that would make Muti instantly more viable again that I hope you'd consider. If not, then Muti needs another instant burst ability.

There will be a lot of debate over this, but please keep in mind that many of us do not like being forced to play as Shadowstep for PVP.

"What spells do you use the least?"

Hemorrhage because the move looks, dare I say, wrong as a human male rogue. Lol. Jokes aside, Shiv is something I find I hardly need to use anymore. I liked the old Silence on Deadly Throw as well which I feel I hardly use but maybe that's just me.
    85 Blood Elf Rogue
    Both

Heroic mode raiding at a slow pace, 3~ raids a week.

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    Mainly Rated BGs, BGs and Arena from time to time.

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Carrying poisons is always a pain. But a large issue is how the talents-trees are either pvp-only or pve-only viable, and the fact that we only have dual-specc. Gief tri-specc.

Stealthy mechanics, and the job of locking other players.

Non-hybrid.

Fairly stimulating, i like that there are ways of squeezing in survival abilities and a firm importance of keeping uptimes. However, waiting for energy regeneration and not consuming every global cooldown can make it boring, especially when not buffed and geared properly.

Tanking! Faster energy regeneration, perhaps in exchange for abilities being weaker, we can be able to do more frequent attacks.

More or less all of my abilities have a place in one of the speccs i commonly use.
    85 Undead Rogue

What type of content do you focus on?

PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE?

Raid

Rogues don't need life improvements actually.

I play as Subtetly and I love the rotation difficulties and timings.

Rogue is the only class without a proc-based skill, rotations are always the same without any sort of change except for the timings like Bandit's Guile for combat rogue, assassination rogues have a too boring rotation, that's why I play subtetly or combat.

Another annoying fact is that a correct rotation doesn't influence too much your output damage, as a Subtetly rogue your main damage is garantueed by backstab and autoattack, as a Combat your main damage is autoattacks, and as an Assassination rogue you just autoattack and alt-tab to your desktop while poisons do the damage.

Different poisons, a Feint improvement, a change with proc-based skills.

Shiv, Deadly thrown, Combat Readiness.

This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]