Your favourite Khadgar memory

What's your favourite memory involving yourself and our fine server? Be it an old PvP memory before the days of cross-realm hooliganism, a world event, a picnic, raid on an enemy's city... well, you get the idea. Just wanted to see something other than guild adverts!

My personal favourite was taking an orphan to a few BGs against the old school Horde PvP. Ah, happy days. Little Timmy wanted to go and see other wonders of Azeroth but I felt that he needed some life experience. In hindsight, I probably should have given him at least a wooden sword to try to defend himself with...
Reply Quote
13 Troll Warlock
Thanks for the chuckle!

My favourite memory, as seen through the rose coloured glasses of nostalgia, must be the very first time I saw the Caverns of Time. It was in vanilla back in what I think might have been 2005. I was running around questing, all cheerful-like when suddenly this awkward gnome mage whispered me asking if I wanted to see something awesome. I tried to decide whether I wanted to kill pirates and steal water from their cold, dead corpses, or do something mildly entertaining. I went with the latter.

So we climbed this little mountain, ran across the roof of that huge spire above the cavern and jumped down on the other side. When there we merely jumped straight into nothingness and ended up inside this amazing cave, which all of you no doubt have seen now. To see Caverns of Time for the very first time when he was hidden away like that was quite amazing, and a memory I still hold dear.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
I remember back in vanilla joining warsong gulch in the 10-19 bracket, and SOMEHOW (I guess it must have been a glitch) this ?? level night elf hunter was in the BG. Obviously he absolutely dominated everyone on my team but it was hilarious at the time trying to bring this guy down with a bunch of level 12's in dreadful gear. (I later found out he was about level 45 or something).

Back then I didn't have the patience to get a character to 60 but I loved PvP so I made various "twinks" in the 10-19 bracket and had so much fun... only took about 500 or so HK's to get to the Sergeant rank, and back then 90% of players in that bracket absolutely sucked. I remember spending hours farming copper ore in Durotar as a warrior to get enough gold for fiery enchant for some green sword and then calling myself a twink.

*reminisces*
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Greyskyblue, your post made me smile about both the farming for hours for ores (I am an avid herber) and about the bug that allowed that higher level in your battleground :-)

I haven't been playing WoW very long - my boyfriend got me to start playing about 15 months ago, so I wasn't around in the time of Vanilla. My favourite WoW moments have been just relaxed conversations with friends or actually laughing out loud at Trade chat on a few occaisions.

But I think one evening that stands out for me was after a Tol Barad battle, and it was in a period when there was some heavy guard pulling unpleasantness going on. This particular night there were a number of us both Horde and Alliance all flagged as PVP and we all lit about a dozen campfires together with pretend fisticuffs and a couple of picnic baskets and the usual displays of fun stuff like the Orb of Sindorai, potions, pinatas, etc. It may sound pretty dull compared to more exciting stuff people do, but during such an unpleasant time between the 2 factions, it was just a laugh we could all have with each other with respect and some new friends were made that day on both sides :-)
Edited by Oranje on 05/09/2011 19:21 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
So many good memories.........
AB premade with only rank 11 and higher.
Making a picture with all old school pvp-ers.
World PvP event in the shimmering flats.
Playing premades.
Dancing with the hordes from MEAN in AB.
And so much more........ You know what i mean Mada ;)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
to add :
Opening of AQ
The first time i saw Ragnaros up close and personal
Getting free mounts when i reached commander
My first AV,seeing Jesugej in there and i decided to get the PvP set
Reaching 100k kills

Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Hello

Back in WOTLK :
a Horde party came to Goldshier made out of some tough hordes
Laar,Meadows and 3 others .
a group of allaince with same number
made out of me and a priest called Sweatpea
Sorry can't remember all of the names :P
The fight went there for 45 minutes however an allaince rogue Decided to join the fight and ruined it and the allaince side got victory it was one of the most exiting moment i ever had in the game .
Thank you for the great thread
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
making a guild called tears of Joy or something made up of nothing but lvl 1 gnomes with other members of Covenant and walking around Ironforge asking random lvl 60`s if they were our mommies. Made us all laugh our asses off on vent :D
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Back in tbc when i created a huge dead pile outside orgrimmar auction house fulls of level 1's and all my un used alts, about 60 people in that pile.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
back in wotlk, when i created (i think) the biggest wpvp event since vanilla times :p
about 100v100 in halaa in nagrand fighting for control :D was epic ^^
Reply Quote
Ofc love the old premade bg's back in the day....OK so MEAN would !@#$%^- us most times but often we could get a good premade together amd dish some out.....

Fave moments from those times...

WSG with all the usual suspects, Nettle, Geordie, Och. Omn, Vrath...etc...no flags were capped, and both alliance and horde teams sat round campfires in the alliance flagroom, spamming emotes and dancing...

Defendong the lliance flag room with Vrath and his legenday wep against a horde premade and feeling invincible......Vrath = One man battering ram in those days.

My very earliest recolletcion of the game though, and something which is kinda of more innocent times is when i was leveling this, my first toon, up in 2005, running east from goldshire i spotted a tauren on a kodo hiding behind a tree.......pretty soon a crowd grew and there were about 20 folk stood around just looking at this tauren who was /afk..... People were like "ffs look at the size of him!". I was lvl 8 or so and none of us had ever seen a hordie befor ;-)

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
05/09/2011 19:20Posted by Oranje
But I think one evening that stands out for me was after a Tol Barad battle, and it was in a period when there was some heavy guard pulling unpleasantness going on. This particular night there were a number of us both Horde and Alliance all flagged as PVP and we all lit about a dozen campfires together with pretend fisticuffs and a couple of picnic baskets and the usual displays of fun stuff like the Orb of Sindorai, potions, pinatas, etc. It may sound pretty dull compared to more exciting stuff people do, but during such an unpleasant time between the 2 factions, it was just a laugh we could all have with each other with respect and some new friends were made that day on both sides :-)

/ Wave. I have screenshots ;-)

<3
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Nice thread.There is one experience i've lived in WOW and i've always wanted to share.It's back from the innocent times where the server was young and full of exploring noobs :)

It's January 2006,i'm playing the game for less than a month and whatever i know about the game is what i have learned on my own.I only know one person in the game and that is my rl friend (and boss at the time) that i showed him the game and he started it too.

So i'm around lvl 16 or something,my friend a couple of levels higher,and i'm questing in darkshore.Suddenly my friend whispers me in an ecstatic tone that there is some huge dragon attacking Auberdine and that i should go there asap.

I run to Auberdine and i see indeed a big green dragon flying above Auberdine then swooping down,spitting green fire and instantly killing everyone.People keep coming and there's literaly hundreds gathered of all levels and races,others yelling to kill it,others to stop attacking it and it will go away.

After a few corpse runs i return and the dragon is gone.Now everyone is gathered all around the bridge and spamming the chat with all sorts of warcries.For some reason i could not understand they blamed the horde for this and a couple of people started yelling to whisper them for an invite to raid crossroads.At the time i didnt understand any of it.I didnt know what crossroads was,i didnt know what a raid was,and i didnt know how to whisper someone other than my friend that i right clicked on my friends list!

After a few minutes the massive croud starts running outside Auberdine and into the forest.Levels range from 1 to 60 and so do speeds.From running on foot,to forms,mounts and epic mounts it didnt seem it was going to be a very concetrated attack.

We go past Astranaar and i'm following a group of 10 ppl or so where we are going at the same speed (on foot).As we follow down the path instead of going right to barrens we go left towards Azshara.In a few seconds some big spiders start attacking us from the woods as we run down the path.People start to die and we are now running for our lives!Luckily we find shelter in a village with level 60 night elf guards(warsong outpost) that save us from the menace!

At that time my friend whispers me:

- Where the hell are u,there's a huge battle going on here.

-I have no idea!We're lost,we must have taken a wrong turn.

-You can't see where we are on the map?

-No.

-Ah you have to join the raid.I'll tell them to invite you.

I get an invite,open the map and after all this time there's still a pretty clear line of dots almost all the way from Auberdine to Crossroads where there is a bigger concentration.So we gather our courage and make our exodus from the safe village,we lose a couple of people again to the spiders but we keep going.

We take a left,scenery starts to change and up ahead we see what seems to be a peaceful establishment...but the horde guards have a different opinion!Out of all of us noone gets through.For some reason i keep trying a few times until i realise there's no way in hell i can pass those guys.I decide to corpserun to where the dots are and hope to find a graveyard there.

I find the graveyard and ressurect and ....massive...lag...and...dead!I tried again a few times,the most i saw of the fight was running a few yards up a hillside until i got spotted and killed again!

And for whoever is still reading that was my most memorable experience of all time in game.I would realy love to here if anyone reading this was there or has heard of this.About what that green dragon was i'm still not 100% sure.The best specculation is that someone pulled and kited one of the patroling elite dragons at Bough Shadow where Emeriss spawns all the way to Auberdine.The problem is that flying high around the village and swooping down to rain fire is not standard NPC behaviour.So either a GM was having fun or after all these years my memory is blury! :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
^ Nice one.

Oh the old days..

The sad fact about this world (both the real and that of warcraft) is that the more you know something, the less flavor it has for you.

There is a certain charm to the mysterious that fades away with realization.
Edited by Samimasi on 11/09/2011 15:51 BST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
I have very faint memories, where I only recall some names from PvPing before TBC, names from guilds I've been in and people that I've met and looked up to. BloodBound was one of the guilds, Little Guild of Horrors was another.

Today I smile for myself at rogues I don't recognize, thinking back to the first day I created mine, how I had my father and another behind my back watching me walking through Tirisfal Glades for the first time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Seeing as a picture is worth a thousand words.....

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g67/snaveftw/WoWScrnShot_110206_063301.jpg

Other favourite moments for me would include beating every rogue from bovine and certus in a duel whilst i was naked in vanilla, sending Hezz the recipe for a 8 slot bag every day in the hopes he would make me one and last but not least, becoming the Mayor of Orgrimmar.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Seeing as a picture is worth a thousand words.....

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g67/snaveftw/WoWScrnShot_110206_063301.jpg

Other favourite moments for me would include beating every rogue from bovine and certus in a duel whilst i was naked in vanilla, sending Hezz the recipe for a 8 slot bag every day in the hopes he would make me one and last but not least, becoming the Mayor of Orgrimmar.

Lol'd to picture. :D

Don't have any special memories on Khadgar yet as I've been only few months here now.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Easy
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll86/Woxenrud/WoWScrnShot_080509_152656.jpg
Reply Quote
Found my old gallery :D
http://wow.poista.net/hotgl/gallery/v/members/Madagan/?g2_page=1&g2_navId=xb0b646ba&g2_GALLERYSID=080254c1d869f9d3045c4b4443317dbc
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Hodur == Madagan? :o didnt know that, haaiiii, its Scream, hows you?! :>

some of my favourite memories:
world pvp
first ony kill
first neffy kill
first raid to alliance major city
aq chain event in moonglade :>

http://imgur.com/a/lfgTl
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]