I cant be bothered anymore?

85 Night Elf Druid
I have had it with dying through BG's just to earn a few honor points per match. People complain when other players afk it out but fail to take the big gear gap into account. Its no fun joining up only to be utterly crushed all the time by those who are already well ahead gearwise.

Next time you see an afker in a bg, have a heart.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Next time I see you in a battleground I'll make sure to AFK report you.
Edited by Ayano on 06/09/2011 13:26 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I always report AFKers in BGs, while I'm waiting to res I look at the list and look at healing/damage and if someone is really low I might report them too as they are usually botters.
Reply Quote
Community
Next time I'll see you in a battleground I'll make sure to AFK report you.

I have to agree. Going AFK in BGs hampers the rest of your team, lessening their game experience and increasing the chance your team will lose = less honor points for you.

Yes, it's always challenging starting on the bottom rung of the PvP ladder, but playing your character, learning the skills and those of others, is the best way to improve. If you don't fancy getting slaughtered over and over, group up with guildies or friends and coordinate a little. You'd be surprised how far a little team work goes in BGs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
AFKing in BGs is low, while others try to win you are just leeching points.
I always report ppl that are AFKing and many of them get kicked out as well.
Even if you have low lvl gear you can still help out your team with stuns, CC and dmg.
Reply Quote
You are welcome to stand AFK, and be reported, but what is the point in playing then?

(But hey, a free kill is a free kill)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
06/09/2011 13:30Posted by Takralus
Next time I'll see you in a battleground I'll make sure to AFK report you.

I have to agree. Going AFK in BGs hampers the rest of your team, lessening their game experience and increasing the chance your team will lose = less honor points for you.

Yes, it's always challenging starting on the bottom rung of the PvP ladder, but playing your character, learning the skills and those of others, is the best way to improve. If you don't fancy getting slaughtered over and over, group up with guildies or friends and coordinate a little. You'd be surprised how far a little team work goes in BGs.

As you might be following this topic - is any feature allowing "vote to kick" people who may not be entirely AFK but are, even worse, deliberately ruining the experience for the whole team or are being excessively rude.. in preparation?
Edited by Atréus on 06/09/2011 13:40 BST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior

try tanking a little and gather honor from instacens. You only need about 7.5 kg to be able to buy weapons. It sucks to die but everyone go through it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Character Audit
5 empty glyph slots
9 unenchanted items
Missing Ebonsteel Belt Buckle

You could try to fix this first insted of AFK leeching.
Don't complain about losing because of gear, when you don't even enchant your Epics or have 3 Major glyphs
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Character Audit
5 empty glyph slots
9 unenchanted items
Missing Ebonsteel Belt Buckle

You could try to fix this first insted of AFK leeching.
Don't complain about losing because of gear, when you don't even enchant your Epics or have 3 Major glyphs

Add some gear (you could have ilvl 358 crafted PvP gear on 6 more slots, not counting your wrist) and a somewhat decent spec. And I strongly suggest to get the ilvl 359 weapon first thing when you have enough honor for that.

Of course you will face opponents with ilvl 384 gear some times in BGs, but most of the time you'll see 371 stuff at most, since this is what you get from honor. And with ilvl 358 vs. ilvl 371 the difference is not THAT big. Especially since most of the people will still lack some gear.

Furthermore you can farm PvE content and trade the points for honor.

Getting starter PvP gear was never this easy (admitted: it was pretty bull!@#$ty in the past) - but I guess complaining is even easier. :p
Reply Quote
86 Troll Druid
Don't do BGs to gear up, do TB instead. Much greater reward, and if you're badly geared it doesn't affect the team as much.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
06/09/2011 14:05Posted by Glorisa
Reply Quote
And loose the balance relic, gives you nothing.
And feral druids are in a good spot when compared to other classes starting in BG's with low resilience.
You just have to be a little creative. Take some tanking talents, us stealth alot.

Actually, I see no reason for you to die more than others. Ferals have an iota of means to escape and survive.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Stealth can be your best friend when undergeared. Many times a druid or rogue with terribad gear has swung a bg by ninja capping a base or graveyard. Stick at it, the gear will come faster than you think.
Reply Quote
06/09/2011 15:11Posted by Lasombra
Stealth can be your best friend when undergeared. Many times a druid or rogue with terribad gear has swung a bg by ninja capping a base or graveyard. Stick at it, the gear will come faster than you think.

That's me, all the way, getting geared right now but I have to adapt my game to actually be NOT as useful as a cockflavored lollypop.
Reply Quote
6 Goblin Warrior
Start banning bots if you actually care about bgs plx
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
06/09/2011 13:30Posted by Takralus

This has got to be the go-to response for anybody who ever has had a problem, ever. "Group up with friends/guildies and stop whining!" you say, well how about the fact that maybe no friend or guildie wants to farm BGs for 4 hours and get his behind handed to him because you end up losing sixty times in a row? How about if no one's available? Did you ever consider that?

It's bad enough that if someone gets some loot "stolen" from him in PvE, it's his own fault because he didn't group up with his guild and/or didn't ask for the terms and conditions (TM) of the PUG group/raid he was stepping into, but now you can't even catch a breather in a BG farming session?

You don't report AFK someone with only 2 or 3 pieces of 371 gear, when the guy clearly put some effort into his character and just wants to get this painful process over with. Yeesh, what has the world come to?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
06/09/2011 13:26Posted by Ayano

This even if you are on the opposite faction. Afkers/Botters ruins the bg way too much so I do hope they change a lot of report systems and if you loose the bg you get 0 reward.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Hunter
06/09/2011 13:40Posted by Atréus
As you might be following this topic - is any feature allowing "vote to kick" people who may not be entirely AFK but are, even worse, deliberately ruining the experience for the whole team or are being excessively rude.. in preparation?

would love this...had another one of the "OMFG N00BS L2PLAY!!!" today, and tried discussing calmly tactics for how we could turn around 2-3 base disadvantage, and i tried to ask him to stop crying and he said and i quote, "ill ss my d*ick and send it to you so u have something to do cause ur useless here!"
This brought up questions, why he thought i was ##!@* guy/girl, why he would ss his d*ick as if it was on his screen instead of in real life, and why I was useless when i was trying to win the game instead of crying endlessly in /bg :p

people like that should be kicked for simply dragging down the general image of the wow population, and as a wow community we are ourselves responsible for the image that others think of us, and I think it is important to behave properly so others might see it as a more pleasent experience even if we loose a bg or 2...
Reply Quote
44 Orc Warlock
06/09/2011 16:18Posted by Quantarg

This even if you are on the opposite faction. Afkers/Botters ruins the bg way too much so I do hope they change a lot of report systems and if you loose the bg you get 0 reward.

yeah cause getting 0 honor for losing will solve it......

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]