Cat Carrier (Black Tabby)

85 Undead Priest
I got the Cat Carrier (Black Tabby) I remember it been a very rare cat that only dropped from a rare spawn, however I already have it and when I try sell no one seems interested, there are on AH from 5000g - 7000g and I'm asking no were near that...

As I seem to get flamed in trade every time I ask for anything near 1000g xD.

So, am I missing something, is it avaliable from a vendor or something?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=8491/cat-carrier-black-tabby#comments
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
You'll probably get better luck selling it on the Neutral Auction house for Alliance to buy it
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Same as the epic parrot. It's worth thousands, but no-one besides dedicated collectors buy it. You're selling it to a very exclusive market, and that's the issue.

The pricing is fine, it's just your target consumer.
Reply Quote
62 Worgen Death Knight
Since Cataclysm it is a zone drop in Hillsbrad Foothills, as the rare mob that used to drop it doesn't exist anymore. So it is no longer Horde-only although Hillsbrad is Horde leveling zone so obviously they will have obtained more of them randomly.

Not sure how this change affects the pricing though.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Fine, that's what I had through / hoped...

Just clueless people then in /2 thinking it was a vendor cat!

Thanks!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
i made so much money selling these in wotlk it was unreal

i rerolled for a short time, while leveling id go back to find the npc every few hours

by 70 id made my epic flying mount money and much more.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Hehe i just got 4000gold for it: > I trought it was just a cheap pet you get like 100g for. And that kid gave me 4k;o Always write offer when u are going to sell something!
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
So far a pain for me to farm. After this pet has been a zone drop, rater then a specifick mob drop the cat has been harder to get or i am just darn unlucky. Have killed all kind of mob. I'm at 12 469 kill and counting. Rarity say the likelihood are now at 91.74% :(

Well, AH? Nope, more fun to get i by my self ;)

1 thing i know for sure, never to give up, next kill i am sure i get it ;)
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
Even when the spellweaver dropped it was it hard to get, I think I might have seen it only once or twice, one of which I gave to my WOW friend.*
After Cata I never saw it drop, and I've been leveling my share of alts there.

* - From horde to ally via neutral, ofcourse.
Edited by Zazkya on 22/05/2012 21:43 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
wow wiki says: "With the release of Cataclysm, the black tabby was moved to be a zone drop in Hillsbrad Foothills, as the mobs it dropped from originally have been removed. Thus it is now farmable by Alliance players"
Reply Quote
2011... Did you sell it yet?
Edited by Luleelurah on 23/05/2012 01:28 BST
Reply Quote
60 Dwarf Paladin
Just had a huge argument in trade over whether it were purchased from a Vendor, or came from drop rate, I eventually got through to people, who looked it up and realized I was correct on the drop rate. I got mine from a Bag Drop, and I went on to sell it for a tidy amount of 3k, cheap and quick sale.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
bit of a necro. :P
However, cats and where you can get them will be slightly more important again next patch with the upcoming cat pet achievement and title, so you may find a slight increase in people wanting a black tabby. :)
Reply Quote
2 Undead Warlock
Think I have one I got from a Nalak failbag
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I bought one of those from black market for 2k i tried to sell it but didn't work, learned it since i didn't have it anyway
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]