Blizzard Raid Profiles resetting

9 Tauren Druid
Hi,

for two times now my Blizzard raidframe settings have reset on their own as my WoW has crashed, once during an arena match and once during a BG.
In neither of these two times have profile changes simply been unsaved, because in both occasions I had been using the profiles for weeks with no problems. Not only that, but none of the other interface settings reset in these occasions.

So, just thought I'd report the issue here, and at the same time I might as well ask if other players have had the same thing happen to them. I don't think there's much to do to prevent this, but I am reporting this in the hopes it gets fixed.

Cheers.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Had the exact same thing happen millions of times. Whenever my WoW crashes, my entire Raid UI gets bugged when I log on, and I have to either relog or /reload. When I do either of those two, all my raid profiles wipe out, and I have to redo them all over again.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
Just happened to me for like the 5th time, this time during a BG. It has happened in the middle of an arena match as well, as if the error itself was not enough bad luck for the match.
I was in EOTS a few minutes ago, got a WoW error in the middle of combat, logged back in and noticed I couldn't see the raidframes so I used /reload and the settings had reset. Pfff.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I can vouch for this happening. However, I think this thread should be here:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/874936/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This is happening like very day, i'm getting disconnects out of nowhere (my pc is fine and isp is stable) and when i log back i have to redo all my raid profiles again. It seems the raid profiles settings are not being stored on any harddisk or so but on blizzards side!

Any Blues can please help here? It is getting very annoying to redo these settings every time
Reply Quote
27 Worgen Druid
The raids frames are bugged, that is one of the major reasons why people don't use them or have the default settings on
Reply Quote
Customer Service
Hi there everyone,

This is something that we have forwarded to our development team for further investigation, I'm very sorry though as I don't have any details on when this might be resolved.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
It's frustrating when it happens mid raid and everyone needs to wait for couple of minutes for me to set the things up again =/
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
this also happens when exiting WoW without waiting 20second (by hitting 'Exit now' button)
Reply Quote
92 Night Elf Rogue
Just to add that myself and other guildies have also been experiencing this. Some further info in case it's relevant to the devs fixing it:

- Mostly happens when randomly disconnected, although for me personally seems to mess up most if I'm dc'd when in ghost form (e.g. running back to raid after a wipe).

- For me the various things going wrong have been raid frames resetting position to default, the box that holds the name plates being visible but no nameplates visible, all nameplates the same colour (usually green) or people having other classes colours.

- Even if I reset position and do a /reload ui (even multiple tries) to fix the visibility issue, the colours often won't correct themselves until either mid-fight or after the next death of my character.

- Personally often accompanied by the poisons notifications for my weapons flashing 0s continuously until the same time as the colours etc... reset mid-fight or after death.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Happened to me a couple of times.

This is why I saved it with two different profiles (now that bliz raid frames support profiles), and usually if one of the profiles gets reset -- the second one is still good to go.

Hope this helps, until bliz fixes it.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
Happened to me a couple of times.

This is why I saved it with two different profiles (now that bliz raid frames support profiles), and usually if one of the profiles gets reset -- the second one is still good to go.

Hope this helps, until bliz fixes it.
When this has happened to me, it has always been all my profiles that have been affected. I have 4 profiles for different sized groups and everytime I lose them due to a client crash or a similar thing, I have to remake them all from scratch.
Reply Quote
96 Gnome Warrior
keeps happening to me too, getting incredibly annoying as it deletes all of my profiles every time I dc
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
This keeps happening to me too when getting disconnected while in BGs.

The only fix to this ... without losing the settings.. is to wait until the BG is over and then u'll see your saved profiles again and all settings are restored.

If u try to fix the raid frames while in that BG u initially crashed ... your settings will be lost.

Hope it helps.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]