Class Feedback: Druid

(Locked)

Community
We’re looking for feedback on your class as we work on changes and adjustments for a future game update. While we may be making some specific class changes in 4.3, what we’re looking for in this thread is overall feeling on the class as a whole for more long term changes in the future.

Here is the kind of feedback that is NOT helpful in this particular thread:

• Concerns that your current damage, healing or tanking is not competitive. While this kind of feedback is often useful, it also is the kind of thing that can change from patch to patch, and so it isn’t as useful for long term vision changes.

• Concerns that your feedback is being ignored or that we don’t take these kind of posts seriously, or otherwise posting anything that is off-topic or not in the spirit of this thread’s intent.

• Requests for responses to your suggestions or feedback. The purpose of this thread is to get information to us, not the reverse.

We hope you take these threads seriously, as we’re going to be reading them very carefully. We ask that you take time to think and formulate a useful and objective reply, as this feedback could be used to alter your class in substantial ways.

We won’t be replying here addressing your concerns. This is purely for us to read your answers to the below questions.

Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• What spells do you use the least?
80 Blood Elf Hunter
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] I mainly focus on PVE after the nerf to feral druids so we can't switch out of frost nova.
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] I raid heroic content.
If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
What makes playing your class more fun? The thing with druids is you got 4 specs, two spell and two melee, Perfect balance.
What makes playing your class less fun? All the nerfs towards feral PVP. I would play a lot more pvp if so many changes didn't happend.
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I really enjoy the feral rotation, even though it would be a lot more fun if haste would scale better.
What’s on your wish list for your class? a bit adjustment for reforge, so maybe crit or haste would be better than mastery (feral)
What spells do you use the least? Soothe
85 Worgen Druid
Focus; I started out being very PvE focused actually, because I felt like I wanted to come back to druid after having had one in vanilla and tbc. I had to mainswap later for the guild though and up untill recently I haven't really done much on this character, untill I started doing alot of arena with a friend.. So both.

Pve content; Raids.. Definately. Been raiding almost all my time in playing WoW, so can't let those nice purplez go.

PvP content; Arena mostly, but also BG's especially now that I have the gear rated battleground with a few friends.

Quality-to-life issues; I don't know, actually.. I think maybe treeform not being permanent? I loved seeing those treants swing their hips. I miss that alot.

Fun level; I play as feral and I just love it. It's amazing burst, amazing movability, and its just.. Fun. What can I say.

Less-fun level; Again, treeform not being permanent, and old style, lol. I don't really know. Right now i'm actually very happy with how the druid is and how versatile we are, as we always were supposed to be.

Rotation; I think my rotation as kitty is actually quite good, it's simple but achieves what it has to and if I even slack a bit I still have great damage. I do feel though, from coming back to the druid after a few months away, that our energy-regen doesn't feel the same in PvE - but it might just be my memory.

Wishlist for class; Keeping it nice and balanced. I haven't had this much fun as a druid since. Well ever. My first real character was a druid and I had to delete her at some point because I just hated her. A druid-themed mount, maybe. I know we have forms n stuff but .. Paladins have auras and awesome glowy mounts of doom! .. or light!

Least used spells; Anything Boomkin xD But I'm not sure actually. It all depends on the situation. But since i'm kitty I guess I can saw Claw. Noooot really anything I need. :)
85 Tauren Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both, it was mainly PVE until roughly a month ago since then I have not raided since.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raiding only.

It was RBG (Rated) last season however this season I have only consistently done Random/Normal Battlegrounds.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
The biggest issue for me (PVP wise) is when switching forms and being caught in a stun out of form, so for example: I am in cat form, I press my key bind to turn into bear form and get kidney shot and I end up getting kidney shot in normal form.

What makes playing your class more fun?
Playing druid over other classes is more fun for myself because of how well it can adapt and vary in different situations (with dual specialization). We can tank, dps (as both ranged and melee) and heal wherever required.

What makes playing your class less fun?
DKs
/s!@#$%^
No but in all seriousness the fact we don't get to observe our armour (unless restoration) is a major flaw for me.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
The rotations for every specialization for druids I feel are fine at the moment, anyone with half a brain is capable of dealing impressive dps.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
Some sort of alteration to allow feral druids and boomkins the opportunity to fight (to their best ability) and be able to show their armour [(Perhaps armour equipments over forms)(An armoured cat/bear/moonkin)]

What spells do you use the least?
Teleport: Moonglade
Claw (Cat form)

EDIT: Just like to add I feel the change to make ferals unable to shift out of 100% movement impairing effects was justified, and to keep the balance to this game wish for this change to not be reverted.
Edited by Cokejoke on 12/09/2011 17:33 BST
85 Night Elf Druid
Feral DPS - PvE

■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] - Both, but PvE mainly

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] - Heroics, raids, and exploring rares around the world.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] - Arenas, and BGs.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. - Stuck with my race's shapeshifting models. Savage Roar is boring to keep up, it doesn't matter how many combo points i throw in it, aslong as i just have the buff.

■What makes playing your class more fun? Shapeshifting, i wish feral dps contained more shapeshifting. Right now im sitting in cat-form most of the time, and in few occations bear form if i do something wrong and need surviveability/need a stun.

■What makes playing your class less fun? Very repetive. I wish my rotation had a bigger variation, right now there is no difference in my rotation on most mobs/bosses(Ragnaros requires me to use mangle instead of shred). Stuck into cat-form, as feral dps.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Rotation is okay, wish there was more special cooldowns something like recklessness for warriors. The cooldowns don't feel very special. Swipe is not fun to perform because if you want to AoE, you'll basicly just spam one ability.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?: Unique and special cooldowns that promotes shapeshifting. Swipe AoE rotation, to be changed. Customization of shapeshifting models (other than colours, more like NE druid can get troll models). Stronger connection to Moonglade, and nature in general. (Lore-wise, from the player perspective)

■What spells do you use the least? Soothe, Teleport Moonglade, Nature's Grasp. Thorns.
Edited by Eslu on 12/09/2011 21:13 BST
85 Night Elf Druid
* What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
I´m focusing on PvP, whit the exception of a random HC now and then..
Back in the days i did some "hardcore" raiding tho, whit other toons so its not a "diffrent world" for me.

* If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
I used to raid 25man heroic raids..

* If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Currently I´m looking for Rbgs, but i do the occasional arena - my only limits would be the availbility of teammates..

* What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I would probably say, Low mana pool..

* What makes playing your class more fun?
Even if im not a hybrid in that reguard, i enjoy the utility of my class and the possibility to use heals and even balance spells, even as a feral..
I might be too stuck in the past(vanilla) but i do enjoy it.

* What makes playing your class less fun?
As the game advances from beeing less suportive for hybrids, our tools for hybridism, as heals for ferals, meatwalling for restos etc havent evolved whit the rest of the game, possibilities for versatility is rather stuck in the past.. might be me but i dont know, feels like it atleast.
We are mearly a shadow of our former selfs and what we used to be.

* How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I´m fine whit my feral rotation, its not as easy as compared to a few other classes and its not too extreme either.

* What’s on your wish list for your class?
Higher mana pool for doing other stuff then just DPSing as cat.. i love the utility but it feels like i cant use it because of limitations as mana pool, spell power scale for ferals etc

* What spells do you use the least?
Probably the mushrooms :-)
Im using mushrooms in battlegrounds were i follow a enemy away from the flag, while beeing the only defender, its nice to leave a "remote controlled bomb" left by the flag, if a pesky little ninja tryin to ninja my flag!
85 Troll Druid
Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE]

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Raids]

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

With my main spec being resto, the biggest quality of life issue is not being able to efficiently transfer a lifebloom stack to a new target. Mechanics often require tank swaps and using 3GCD's to move a stack to a new target is inefficient and sub optimal. We benefit from maintaining the stack, but do not have the toolset to adequately maintain maximum uptime.

Not having a damage reduction cooldown. Tranquility is our main raid cooldown, and although the cooldown has been reduced, I feel that cooldowns such as barrier are far more effective. Making barkskin targettable on a tank for instance would be an excellent change I feel and would make us much more viable when having to tank heal.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

I enjoy the diversity of the Druid class, and the ability to perform any raid role.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Resto doesn't have a rotation, but as previously mentioned the lifebloom stack is the only issue I would say that would benefit with adjustment in our healing priority system.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

Damage Reduction Cooldown (targettable barkskin or AoE as with barrier)
Lifebloom stack transfer

■What spells do you use the least?

Soothe, teleport:moonglade, nature's grasp

Both

Heroics and Raids.

Casual Arenas and Battlegrounds

The fact shapeshifting removes any costume effects (such as Kalythas Haunted Locket) also an issue with my Shaman and Ghost Wolf. Whilst I know it's not fair for the costume to be in effect whilst shapeshifted as this would be stupid, it could still be "in the background" and reactivate when removing a shapeshift form.

The versatility of a Druid makes this a very unique and enjoyable class to play.

How we are forced into playing Feral to reach any high ratings in PvP.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Moonkin rotation could be spiced up a little bit, but otherwise it's pretty good.

Make Balance PvP viable again. Make Typhoon actually work, give us a decent snare (e.g. Insect Swarm reduces movement speed by 40-50%, give us a glyph similar to Elemental Shamans to allow us to cast Starfire and Wrath whilst moving. Maybe move the Instant Cyclones from Feral to Balance somehow.

Buff our direct heals to make Resto competitive in PvP again. Remove the Lifebloom-refreshing part of Empowered Touch and make a minor Glyph which causes our direct heals to refresh Lifebloom. The 'bloom' of Lifebloom is a lifesaving heal, and it's a shame for us to have to reduce our (already rather weak) direct heals in order to gain the benefit of it. Other than that Druids are fine. Also give us the option of having permanent Tree of Life form again. There has to be some way of doing it in that it pleases both the people who don't want to shapeshift (why they play a Druid if they don't like shapeshifting is beyond me) and the people who actually want to play a Druid as intended, with no cooldown on shapeshifts.

Moonglade Teleport, Feral abilities

Oh, and fix the armory bug which makes me appear to be a female.
Edited by Alonso on 12/09/2011 21:46 BST
85 Blood Elf Priest
Mostly pve heroic raids but i do abit of everything

bag space is kinda a big problem for druids when you use all specs in pve and pvp so more space ;)
and get some more spec like duel spec perhaps make it HIGH price like 10k to50k more for each spec you chose or just make it so you can save all the specs and pay like 100g on the run to go to one of the specs you have premade.

i can do every thing :D

Feral :it whuldt be alot more fun to bring back more of the punhishment in feral dps so its if you do badly you get punish hard and if you do great you do great dps that is fun game play for me.and i realy miss armor penetrasion it where fun to have all thos caps to balance out when you geard youre char like armor pen hit exp and crit caps in wrath

Moonkin it whuldt be nice if we had a nice dps cd and if wrath and starsurge gave instand Lunar/solar energy instand insted of have to wait for travel time.

more specs
more bagspace
better rotasion.
i miss some visual chance when you get upgrades for moonkins/ferals

depends on what spec i play but something like hurricane is kinda bad attmoment and claw is not realy used.
Edited by Salfine on 12/09/2011 17:43 BST
86 Troll Druid
90% PvE, 10% PvP

Raids

A bit of everything.

As I play moonkin the most my main issue is eclipse management. Some fights benefit a lot from starting in a certain eclipse. At the moment this forces me to shoot at critters, delaying the start of the next fight for myself and the rest of my raid group.

The wide variety of colorful and interesting spells. We have a very neat single target spell selection and rotation, some of the coolest cool-downs (trees, starfall), awesome AoE spells (shrooms/hurricane/dots), and some neat raid utility with typhoon knock-back/mushroom slow/combat res. Eclipse management is fun to deal with most of the time.

I'm really happy with my class as it is, but some more survivability for moonkins in pvp would be welcome.

I'm impressed with how it all fits together. For the AoE part of our damage routine I would like for there to be more options in Lunar Eclipse (spellstorm damage for mushrooms?). I do feel that mushrooms deal too much damage, and Hurricane is too expensive as an alternative on most fights.

More control over eclipse states pre-combat. More AoE options during Lunar Eclipse. More survivability in PvP (mostly for arenas and world pvp).

As a moonkin there aren't many fights where it's worth it to use Thorns, and barely any fights require CC spells at all (roots/cyclones/hybernate/etc). Faerie Fire is another spell I rarely every use, since it doesn't benefit my spec at all (even though it's classes as balance school).
Edited by Thunder on 12/09/2011 17:54 BST
85 Worgen Druid
-I focus on PvE.

-I raid 25-man Heroic raids, and I have spent five weeks on heroic ragnaros.

-If I have time I start builing eclipse on critters before the next pull. It takes time, but has a positive effect on my effect. I would personally love for Balance druids to start of in Lunar or Solar eclipse after a login or after death.

-I love that my class requires a more than average complex rotation in order to do max dps. I love the utility Balance druids have in raids at the moment. The eclipse bar is an excellent UI-element that makes my class thinking differently from fight to fight.

-Starsurge's damage is based off the intellect and eclipse when the cast is complete. However Wrath and Starfire's damage is based on when it is beginning to cast. This can make the transition into a new eclipse kind of klunky. Personally I would love to see Wrath's and Starfire's damage be based when the cast is complete. Also, the travel-time on Wrath and Starsurge makes Heroic Ragnaros single-targetting kind of strange in how my Solar eclipse will last an additional 4 seconds, while my Lunar eclipse would be slightly shorter.

-Balance druids are a very interesting class to play, and I really enjoy playing my druid. Good work on the class as a whole, as I have played all different specs in Cataclysm.

-I would love to see a newer model of Moonkins, as the old model is based off ogres, and feels old. I do realize that this is something the devs are careful about changing and I completely understand. Any other wishes should be listed above.

-Entangling Roots, Hibernate, Soothe, Cyclone, Faerie Fire and Teleport: Moonglade. Almost all abilites have some kind of utility but are rarely used, however I do not see the point of changing them, moonkins are fine in their current rotations, I would also be surprised if the devs worked in Teleport: Moonglade into our rotation.

Looking really forward to 4.3.

90 Troll Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] heroics raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] BGs

Making ferals dps too much RNG dependent - like if there fight i have no luck with crits or OOC procs i can drop to last on dps .

What makes playing your class more fun? it's not like other melee . i liked when the class was more based on the bleeds then spaming shreds .

What makes playing your class less fun? RNG RNG RNG also i don't like the feral energy regeneration , feels too slow even while haste stacking .

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) It's fine . I would remove the "extra energy for stronger ferocious bite" and just buff Ferocious bite damage to make to Rotation more versatile .

what’s on your wish list for your class?
-Lower bleed damage on players so bleeds won't be Overpowered in pvp . while doing that buff them on pve because it's what used to make ferals DPS unique .

-Remake Ferocious bite "Extra energy for more damage" and make it hit for more base damage .

- Remove OOC procs chance from feral melee . and increase base energy regenaration by 25% - to remove the crazy RNG from ferals .

What spells do you use the least? teleport:moonglade
Edited by Machidas on 12/09/2011 23:53 BST
85 Troll Druid
PvP

N/A

Arenas & BGs

For me I think not being able to cast thorns in cat or bear form, thus smart players stunning me while Im in caster form.

The diversity of the druid's playstyle. With little trouble you can switch from tanking to healing or dpsing if you're tired with one of them

Not being able use transformation items such as potion of illusion.

Im quite happy with our current rotation. The few times Ive done PvE with my druid it wasn't very hard to understand the rotation if you can just keep an eye on everything, and that's where addons come in.

I honostly can't think of anything atm.

Claw, Cower
85 Tauren Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]: Just PVE.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]: Heroics and Raiding.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.: The rage normalization feels very nice as a bear instead of sitting around rage starved.

What makes playing your class more fun?: Being able to take damage which would make other tanks cripple over although the mastery relying on crit makes it very random.

What makes playing your class less fun?: Strings of non crits followed by me face down on the ground dead.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.): The rotation for a bear feels smooth, there doesn't feel like alot of buttons to worry about so it allows me to focus on other things such as the fight and positioning bosses etc.

What’s on your wish list for your class?: I am quite looking forward to see what can be done to make Savage Defense less...random, I would also like to see if possible new Moonkin models as they're starting to look a bit outdated.

What spells do you use the least?: Thorns and Bash seem to be the only ones that get very little to no use, the fact Thorns takes you out of form is VERY BAD for a tank.
Edited by Meadowhoof on 12/09/2011 17:48 BST
85 Night Elf Druid

PvE

Heroics and raids; mainly bear tank.

-

What many people will undoubtedly bring up is the concern that our appearance doesn't change with gear. Although we all know that this is a very resource-consuming task it would be great if some form of visual improvement in the appearance of bear form (and the other forms of course) would reflect gear upgrades - similar to how Worgen bears already bear certain features like the spiky collars.

I used to enjoy resto as well but without a shapeshift form it doesn't feel "druidy" to me anymore.

I love being able to shapeshift and being versatile in that we can fill every niche effectively nowadays. Flightform is wonderful, as is being able to solo old content. Being a bear feels good

After all these years I still thoroughly enjoy my druid in his tanking role.

Since the threat changes I feel that tanking has lost part of its point, namely working actively to keep ahead of dps threat - at the moment tanking often feels very boring in the normal Firelands encounters I am doing. I would appreciate it if I could more actively control or manage savage defence. I like the lacerate/pulverise mechanic, as it contributes to survivability. Overall I find that the bear rotation is as good as it has ever been.

Being able to carry people on my back!

Some sort of awesome bear form customisation!

Umm, probably claw and the pvp moves such as nature's grasp.
85 Night Elf Druid

Mostly PvE -

Hardcore PvE. Hardcore meaning being in a Top30-50 guild for the last 3 years. (Our latest rank is World 20 Ragnaros 25M HC kill

I don't think druids have quality of life issues. At least not like we need hunter ammo / warlock shard kind of improvements. But being able to change into flight form when you are floating on the water was an improvement.

Different forms. Shapeshifting. Benefits of shapeshifting like breaking snares or being able to go into cat form and dash eventhough you are a healer and going into bear form for few seconds to bash something or travel form for a few seconds to run away from the big lava wave and going back to caster form to continue healing. Instant flight form. Ability to turn into a Crow second before you hit the ground, after falling down from Mount Hyjal.

Losing permanent tree form. We can still have a 3 min CD and be in tree form you know.

Resto druid "rotation" is a bit stale at the moment, we could use more stuff like "having reduced cast time if you have 2 rejs going on) or "using Healing touch two times in a row resets your swiftmend cooldown"

A new spell for trees. Not necesserily a healing spell but some unique utility (now that innervate is dead and combat ress is so common) like Life Grip that priests got and it's pretty unique. (Yes I do have lots of fantasies about what those new spells could be but I won't bore you)

Getting back permanent tree form. Current model really doesn't fit with other druid specs, all other specs stay in their spec form permanently.

Soothe.

85 Night Elf Druid
What ill type here is ONLY for restoration druids as its the only spec/class ive ever played in this game

Q:What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both
Im in a raiding guild clearing all heroic 25 men content each tier.
Mostly arenas. Some rated bgs aswell
Hmm hard one.
For pve: no clue
For PvP: making tree of life a buff so you can shift in and out during its duration. Yes its a pretty huge change

In pvp: The fact that we are/should be a really mobile class (shapeshifting to travel form, bear bash) who can help both offensively and defensively with really decent cc (cyclone).
In pve: Running and healing is always funnier than standing and healing. The fact that my class is based around HoTs rather than Casted heals.

Theres nothing class related that makes it less fun. It has to do with our overall performance so ill anwser on that.
In pve: Beeing HoT based healer makes us too good on some fights and too bad on others which has as a result a lot of benching or a lot of action. Not fun
In PvP: Well. wont say much here. Resto is in a terrible pvp state and i cant really say much as it has to do more with pvp in general than resto itself. Would not obey the rules then. So id just say lifebloom on 1 target makes us really easy to switch to. Spell pushback on cyclone makes me cry when a pet gives +1sec cast while the enemy just tunnels. Can go on but ill go to next part given that its more of lack of healing issues than actual class issues

Perfectly happy with the change from wotlk to cataclysm. Yes healers dont exactly have a rotation but from the 5-1 rj/wg from wotlk we have to mix almost all healing spells on this expansion. Defo made the game a lot more exciting on the raiding part. Only annoying part was the lifebloom change. Not beeing able to lifebloom more than 1 makes it bulky for tank healing (see next part) and pvp which makes switching insanly hard to deal with

Hmm as i have to avoid saying buff this we suck on pvp or nerf this ill go with 2 things
A) We need a real tanking cooldown which atm we dont have. By far the worst class to have for tank healing (3min ns beeing our only "cooldown" and having to restack lifeblooms around on fights where multiple tanks tank a boss makes us less valuable for tank healing)
B) redisign Thorns as i barelly ever use them both on pve and on pvp. It has a really low impact
C) Make tranquility usefull in pvp. We are the only class without a real cooldown in arenas as tranquility can be interrupted (see SLT, AM, PW:B which are the respective cooldowns of the other classes) and is far less helpful compared to the rest 3.

What spells do you use the least? In pve Soothe though its used on pvp so i guess its fine. On pvp thorns. Not worth the extra global for the minimal damage it does.

PS* its kinda hard to anwser all these questions without messing with

12/09/2011 17:00Posted by Takralus
Concerns that your current damage, healing or tanking is not competitive. While this kind of feedback is often useful, it also is the kind of thing that can change from patch to patch, and so it isn’t as useful for long term vision changes.

as many problems/ things on the wish list are relevant to that. Tried my best though
Edited by Roniac on 12/09/2011 17:59 BST
90 Tauren Druid
  • What type of content do you focus on?
    PvE

• If PvE, what type of PvE?
    Raids

• If PvP, what type of PvP?
    N/A

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    None

• What makes playing your class more fun?
    I the versatility of being a druid, having the ability to easily spec DPS and Healer og DPS and Tank. I love our shapeshifting and must admit that miss being a tree druid. Making our Tree form a cooldown was the worst thing you could ever do to us.
    When you choose to play a druid, you choose to be a shapeshifter, atleast I did, and many of my friends did. Personally I don't care how I look gearwise, But I wanna be shapeshiftet.

• What makes playing your class less fun?
    I like my class the all around tbh.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    I play Resto and Moonkin in raids and heroics and tbh. I think the rotation is fine in each spec, I am using 5+ spells in my rotation, and that is about what I think is perfect.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?
    Permanent tree form back to restoration druids.

• What spells do you use the least?
    Nourish - It heals less and cast time is the same as HT, I can spec otherwise, but it isn't worth it. Nourish was destroyed in cataclysm, and I like our flash heal.
    I use Regrowth more because it boost my cast speed, and then throw HT. But Regrowth is also a spell i VERY RARELY use. It's simply too expensive.
  • 85 Troll Druid
    What type of content do you focus on?
    PvE, mostly.

If PvE, what type of PvE?
    Heroics maybe once a week and raids the rest of the week.

If PvP, what type of PvP?
    The occasional random battleground.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    When I join a BG and 5 people see me as a massive walking honour kill and then not being able to take on even one of them despite having 4k resi (40%) boomkin form (15%) and barkskin (20%) total damage reduction. (I was killed by a warrior it about 4 seconds.)

Seeing massive numbers and being a help to the raid. (8% more spell damage, haste bonus, tranquility, rebirth, taunts for beth, typhoon for rag.)

Not feeling as strong as the other classes in pvp situations.. Not showing off my cool armour.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    My mainspec is a balance druid but my offspec is feral tank. Both seem just fine where they are, right now. I am still a little annoyed about nature's grace being every 1 minute or every eclipse. I remember when popping starfall gave me loads of crits to boost my haste. (Critting to boost haste sounds more BALANCE if you catch my drift? ;D)

A CC that doesn't either A: fall off when you do any damage to them or B: Make them invulnerable to everything for 6 seconds. (Perhaps bringing back the knock down effect on starsurge.) Also, hibernate is only useful against feral druids... You know? The ones that are already hitting me for 30k every 2 seconds?

Usually I'd say Teleport: Moonglade but recently I've summoned 3 people there for the Leyara quest. It would have to be claw. Also, faerie fire outside of cat/bear form without the talent is a massive waste of GCDs.
    86 Worgen Druid
    PvE

Raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    Can't think of anything too big at the moment, in PvE, druids have alot of mobility and Utility.

I enjoy feral DPS. I spent about 6 months playing moonkin initially, and decided I wanted to play feral instead, as I prefer melee combat.

I dislike that feral is behind balance on DPS, and I extremely dislike how slow feral can feel at times. We have an incredible surge/burst where we have trinkets, tiger's fury'd rip/rake, beserk etc. Then out of that, the rotation slows down and becomes very clunky to play, I'd much prefer if the combat, atleast in PvE, was sped up abit so it's more engaging like rogue's style ( I don't mean just homogenize feral druids and rogues, as they're similar enough in certain ways, but rogues are alot funner to play in my opinion, and i'd much rather actually play a rogue, however it would be completely unfair on my guild to reroll, so if feral was abit more engaging and faster paced, that would make the class alot funner. )

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    As stated before, I feel the rotation is very slow out of cooldowns and can get very tidious to play on long fights, however the actual concept is fun and engaging in itself, and if it was just smoother to play, I wouldn't find any faults.

On top of the things previously mentioned, myself and i'm sure many others would like a better way of working around specs. My guild i'm currently in needs me as moonkin on certain fights such as heroic rhyolith and ragnaros where there are alot of adds and moonkin outperforms feral by a large amount. Because of this, I cannot have a tanking spec without having to actually respec. If it was made possible that i'd be able to change my talent tree choices wherever, aslong as I stay the same Specialization, then I feel it would make alot of people's life easier, especially those that like to do PvE and PvP, but they need 2 specs for PvE. For example, a Paladin is ret in PvE, but also is needed as an OT on certain fights. For raids he needs ret as his main spec, prot as his offspec, but then out of raids he's having to reglyph and respec his ret spec if he ever wants to do PvP. I'm sure something like this could be implemented without any impact on the game other than making people's life easier, with a similar system to the Equipment manager, where you'd save the spec and be able to switch between them freely aslong as you stay the same main specialization, without having to be near a trainer. There could even be some sort of reagent needed to do this if you are afraid you don't want to lose the gold sink.

Thorns is pretty underused now, atleast as feral in PvE. The only fight i've used it on as balance is alysrazor where the raid will actually benefit from it. I don't get to use skull bash much because untalented it's a 1 minute cooldown, and seeing as I raid in a 25 man environment with rogues and warriors who have 10 second cooldown interupts without having to dump 2 talent points into it, it feels like a waste to spec into it.
    This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]