Class Feedback: Druid

(Locked)

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both, Moonkin PvE, Resto PvP

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroic Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arenas and BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo
could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Being able to craft/cook in flight form, I understand being pacified means I can't cast spells, but how does being pacified mean I can't craft or cook? :P if an owl can do it, so should the other bird form.

What makes playing your class more fun?
The unique solar-lunar mechanic, knowing when to cast what and which should go first, and just being an almost indispensable class because of the amount of utility I bring to the raid (apart from uber dps)

What makes playing your class less fun?
Moonkin: The fact that we depend way too much on one stat, haste. It is too much of a crucial stat, mastery only becomes useful at certain haste levels (the extra tick level) and even then there isn't enough mastery on an item to make it a good stat since eclipse only lasts for a short period of time, spirit is wank, and crit is so useless I'm still using 372 t11 legs because the 378 contains crit.

Resto PvP: Not having a big defensive cd, barkskin does nothing, even glyphed it's still not good enough as compared to other classes who have more than one defensive cd.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities
are used to maximum efficiency.)

I'm really happy with the moonkin rotation. Contrary to common belief, there are small things here and there that need to be done in order to maximize dps (not just solar to lunar and lunar to solar)

Resto PvP there is no rotation really, so I'm happy about that.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
Making it possible to allow mushrooms to be placed where the cursor is, so there wouldn't be a need to click at the location :P (but I think that's more to do with the actual game mechanics of all classes with aoe targeted spells). Also, making wild mushrooms damage type be like starsurge (instead of only nature), so we wouldn't have to depend on solar so much and aoeing in lunar would become semi-viable. ALSO, being able to rebirth (not revive) in moonkin form. OOPS, I forgot to add one more thing, I WANT TO SEE ARMOR :( wouldn't it be nice to see some armor on the owl? Or at least have the owl change looks with the tier? Is it way too much for graphic designers to tweak the moonkin form each tier?

As for Resto PvP, like I mentioned earlier, some sort of defensive cd so I don't get rolled by dks :P

What spells do you use the least?
Hurricane, drinks up way too much mana, deals f*** all damage, not worth it. I've used it only a few times in extreme situations were the utmost maximum aoe was required and ONLY when shrooms are on cd (when we were doing maloriak heroic progress, and rag hc seeds for example). Other than that, it's never part of my aoe rotation.
Edited by Yogsothothh on 13/09/2011 08:54 BST
90 Tauren Druid
Garnaph, Twilight's Hammer EU, Bear Tank, and Resto.

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] : PvE
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] : Raids, some HC raiding.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Bear : Not being able to cast a battle res while tanking. Considering that we're the only class that can res on 100% health (and 100% mana, which is even more important, when ressing a healer), having to use a "lesser" combat res because we're tanking really sucks.
Demo Roar and FFF being on 17% spell hit. This is annoying beyond belief.
We also desperately need a raid cooldown. A raid barkskin, as it were.

Resto : Having to cast lifebloom 3 times every time there's a tank swap is extremely annoying. We should have a CD to instantly apply 3 stacks, like DKs have for applying both diseases.

Bear : The ability to switch to cat to DPS mid attempt, makes my role much more challenging, and more rewarding if done properly.

Resto : Switching between aoe and single target healing, thanks to the new mastery. Druids are the most fun class to heal with, hands down.
I also like not healing in form. In all other druid specs, I never get to see my gear. I also can't use fun shapeshifts like Kalytha's Haunted Locket, until I use treeform.

Bear : Being the only one in my raid who can combat res to 100% health/mana, and being unable to do so. Please give DKs and Warlocks a glyph like we have for rebirth, and allow bears to rebirth without shifting out.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Bear : Mostly I'm happy. I'm just annoyed at having to actively keep up Demo Roar, while other classes (e.g. Paladins) get similar effects passively.

Resto : No major complaints. The new mastery makes everything work together really nicely. I'd still like that 3 stack lifebloom CD, however.

Bear : Combat res / Innervate in feral forms without shifting out. Reesi's suggestion of pulverize stacks proccing predatory strikes makes sense. This could allow bears to use a rebirth as an instant, without shifting out.
Also, making feral innervate suck a bit less in general would be nice. This spell has been changed so many times, the most recent change to fix restos/boomkins swapping innervates with the glyph for extra mana over if they'd just self-innervated. The feral "buff" to innervate could be built into the same Predatory strikes talent.

Resto : Instant 3 stack lifebloom CD. A Tank cooldown would be nice (another form of barkskin?). While tranquility is nice, it doesn't save the raid from aoe pulses that oneshot certain raid members, so a proper raid CD would be nice.

Bear : Challenging Roar, and everything in the balance tree.

Resto : I try to use everything. Without the problem of being "trapped" in a form, like the other specs, as Resto, I'm free to use anything that would be useful.
90 Night Elf Druid
What type of content do you focus on?
PvP (80%), Last 20% PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Random Heroics

If PvP, what type of PvP?
BG's, some Arena and rated but not much

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Shadowmeld actually works in combat. You can jump across the battlefield similiar to a real cat.

Mobility, shapeshifting, different roles to be had. I would like that Cat-form could someone help more in PvE content, besides doing damage. Perhaps a better feral innervate, something that could protect your healers like paladins have a myriad of.

Limiting mobility! Its the core of the druid to be able to move fast and unhindered, whilst I dont disagree with nova freezing us permantly, Balance should have more mobility, how come a bird form is the least mobile of all forms? I dont get that?

How do you feel about your “rotation”? Fine, could be more complex tbh. I find it rewarding that you put some effort into learning your class and being better than someone just spamming mangle and shred.

Better feral healing abilities or assistant abilities.

I think I use em all a lot.
85 Night Elf Druid
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvP

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

blank

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arena

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

no more permanent Tree of Life, less spam on the shift stance button

■What makes playing your class more fun?

having a crowd control that one can use for tons of different purpose.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

Restoration in PvP is in a weakend state. becouse its my favorite way of healing.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

they are just fine for feral Druids. but as a concerd Restoration Druid having to use 4 globals to get my healing over time up on the target is faar from ideal when you can only have lifebloom on one target. Making prediction close to impossible.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

that blizzard will bring Restoration Druids back in par with other healers in PvP

■What spells do you use the least?

im one of thoose that use everysingle ability in my spellbook. so the least used would I guess be regrowth
85 Tauren Druid

PvE

HCs/Raids/Old instances

For PvP I like big BGs like AV, so sometimes I hoover around..

As a tank, cost of Charge, I mostly cannot use charge cus I must save rage for start of the fight to make threat. It doesnt have to generate rage (like warriors one) just make it no cost.
As resto ? I miss my perm tree form..

What ? Im bear, Im cat, Im moonkin and Im.. hmm just humanoid. So in one word - versatility. I feel unique cus of my shapeshifting.

Generaly - Ehh.. there is few "dislikes". Have you ever tried to have 3 full sets of gear in bags (tank/dps/resto)? Hehe druids should have bigger bags :). But now more seriously.
I dont like when druids are changed/nerfed cus of PvP, I think many changes made to druids are made PvP over PvE.. we lost some utilities in PvE cus of PvP. Thats sad. Im PvE player, Im focus on PvE, and when I loose something cus of PvP Im angry.. From very good tanks (I could say even ultimate) we are downed to some niche, its reminds me start of WotLK, where faral tanks was just on paper not in game. When I go to HCs as healer, its lucky for me when I meet feral tank (there is plenty of Warrs/Palas and even DKs (which are even worst then druids actually) but not ferals).

Tank - Something is wrong with our survivability, our "mastery" is just on paper not in use, noone go for this. When on paper our mitigation is much higher then others, so in game we are not so high, to get better mitigation, we must sacrifice some other stats (like stamina (when gemming) or just other stats like exp/hit (in reforge)), yes I saw tanks in raids even highend where palas/warr had more HPs then ferals.. we always was known as tanks with biggest HP pool.. now it changed. Our mitigation is very dependent on other skills/ratings, sometimes you can be unlucky, and it will pain in *** for healers.. For example: I know I was unlucky when I tried to put my Pulverize up on the start of the fight, so Mangle and now.. 7 (seven) missed lacerates in row.. as I said I know I was unlucky, but it happens.
I just think saome skill must be re-worked a bit, our survivability should be fixed. (like in start of Cata (maybe a bit nerfed, cus we were OPed) just put us in the same line like other tanks (pala and warr)). Its really sad, when I try to get to raid and I hear "Sorry m8, we are looking for warr and pala". And sometimes problems with rage, there is a lot of moments when we are starving of no rage (a special on start of fights)

Resto - I miss my perm tree form!! I want to be unique again not like others.. just humanoid bleh.. I think nothing more for resto. We are ultimate, in some aspects maybe a bit OPed.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

As tank - As I wrote earlier. our rotation is very dependent on luck/unluck. And when I compare our "rotation" to other tanking class (I also play with warr and pala), so our is boring.. something must be changed.. I have a more fun with using skills on warr, its kinda more hmm "action".. I just feel this.. on druid I just hit button(s)..

As resto - we dont have rotation, but I just love how it works :)

Charge with no cost, perma tree form, new travel form (and mechanics like shaman's travel form, they can use it in some instances etc we cannot). More exciting rotation for feral tank..
And more rage, we are low on rage. Maybe more rage from dmg could fix this.

And I want penguin form, so I could fishing without fishing pole! :)

As tank - I use every cus Im bored
As resto - Its just fun to use them all :)
Edited by Mortygean on 13/09/2011 09:47 BST
85 Worgen Druid
Please read this, put some effort into it -_-.

Both

25 man 7/7 HC firelands guild - moonkin MS (activley raiding at a high level since vanilla)

ExGlad 2500+ 4.0/4.2 Feral/resto/moonkin (activley playing at a high level since vanilla - little RBG exp)

Resto
Extreme lack of survivability and being able to keep arena team-mates alive as resto, this has led to 2x comps being viable for resto, and both are more OP with an rsham. PVE = resto is insanely op, less effort required to play this spec well than any other in the game at the moment.

Feral A FIX TO THE INTERUPT BUG - casting skull bash from max range regularly causes it to bug out - ie hit a cast midway through, have the debuff applied and the spell finish, this happens regularly, and have made several dozen tickets requesting this to be fixed.

PVP we are a bit burst based with the way FB scales with tigers fury (see 50k crits on mages in 4k resi), but generally in a good place on things other than cloth, if we get locked down by casters we have very little after shield wall. PVE even with a perfect rotation I can never top the meters, actual impossibility, even surpassing rogues with 3 button rotation is becoming a problem.
The removal of being able to shift spam novas was a change needed for the time, however it made me feel like qutting till the sprit/stamp roar change was introduced, balanced at the moment, but a GOOD frost mage can still kite a feral for upwards of 10 minutes.

Balance
THE TYPHOON BUG - the one where it does not cast the spell, yet performs the animation and puts a global cooldown swirly circle thing over the button, come on its been around for 9 months now, I have placed tickets every week since 4.0.1. Survivability in pvp is horrible also, barkskin, natures grasp, bear last stand, thats all we have. Generally moonkins are in a pretty nice place in pve at the moment imho, damage could do with getting tweaked 1-2% higher, thats about it.

More utility than any other class in the game, I can do ANYTHING.

What makes playing your class less fun? Playing arena as feral or resto versus LOCK/SPRIEST/MAGE teams, or any combination of the 3 (mls shatterplay shadowplay, the 3x teams which currently dominate arena if you hadnt noticed)

Resto: use swiftmend on CD on the best positioned person in the raid, wildgrowth on CD.
Lifebloom on tanks, nourish to keep up mastery, EASY.

Moonkin: bounce between eclipses, apply dots when inside eclipse with Natures Grace up, easy, the only thing that could be improved is Lunar eclipse aoe, even slightly, it is HORRIBLE to not be inside solar when you hit an aoe phase (ragnaros heroic, not in solar for the first aoe phase OH DEARS GUYS, WIPE). That said, the rotation actually becomes enjoyable when you use the 4set t12, spending 1/2 of your time outside of eclipse before was mildly irritating

Feral pve rotation is easy, apply 2x bleeds with TF when you can, keep up savage roar, ferocious bite when you have the energy/CP for SR/Rip/Rake when they will drop off, simple and easy setup, single target dmg needs buffed, aoe outside of berserk needs buffed too.

Better survival in pvp for all specs, better aoe in Lunar eclipse for moonkins, slight buff in pve dmg for feral + moonkin (single target), and resto druids to have something to do in pve other than hot everyone and nourish to keep up lifeblooms/mastery

Hibernate, do not do 5 mans often, even then ZA - 5th boss snake add, only time i would use it, use every single spell in my spellbook otherwise (lol Teleport: Moonglade)
90 Night Elf Druid
I focus on PvE, though I do PvP from time to time.

Raids & heroic Raids

Random BGs mostly, some Arenas now and then.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I play Moonkin as my main. While I do love the big fat owl, it would be nice if the model was updated. Plus as some others have already said, I need to build up eclipse by shooting critters before we make our next pull. In PvP, especially in Arenas, it takes too much time (or is impossible due Moonkin being 'easy' pray) to build up eclipse and start doing any damage. Maybe the next spell cast (wrath or starfire) would immediatly proc eclipse when you're in 'neutral' state after death? Or give a cooldown that would proc instant eclipse.

Shapeshifting. Being able to fill any role :)

As a Moonkin, survivability in PvP enviroment is really low. Our burst and overall damage may be fine, but what's the point if you're locked & chopped to the ground in the matter of seconds? Oh, and shapeshifting is supposed to be instant, although if I change forms and get stunned, I end up in caster form with no armor or damage reduction bonuses.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I'm happy with the Balance rotation atm.

-Moonkin model update :)
-Give Force of Nature some unique abilities as every other pets have. Now it's just summon treants and forget them.
-instant roots back!

-Faerie fire as Balance
-Thorns, used to be good to cast it on tank. Now it's hardly worth it.
-Hurricane, cost a ton of mana, does really low damage.
85 Worgen Druid
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvP

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Doing weekly Baradins Hold

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
All

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Quality-of-life is not my concern here.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
Balance Spec. It can be the most fun when it works, when im allowed to stand there and free cast to my hearts content, being able to global a healer when my mastery is up and all my CDs.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
The fact a Balance druid is not viable in any form of competitive arena, take an elemental shaman instead. If a melee class gets to you, its impossible to get away from them without a healer spam healing and freedom-ing you if you play with a hpally. If a caster starts casting at you I have nothing bar solar beam which lets be honest is just a bad 1 minute interrupt now.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I think you did a very good job with the eclipse bar and the changes to lunar shower. Keep those kind of changes up.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
To be viable in competitive arena. Give us back our armor from moonkin form and give us a silence that is useful and not just as an interrupt and then from that give us an interrupt. Also an isntant and or aoe entangling roots would be great!

■What spells do you use the least?
Bar my feral ones except bash, enrage regen, enrage regeneration and skull bash I use them all.
Feral. Only. Dual-spec isnt enough to even try anything else.

Both

Heroics, Raids.

Arenas, BGs and Rated BGs

Positional requirement for Shred. And for that matter, any positional requirement to be close to target as melee class (have been playing mage and warlock quite also after your feral nerfs.) and the "no need to move at all" aspect of ranged in WOW in PVE compared to melee classes is just ridicilously powerful. Not saying here current melee ranged requirement is bad solution, but I think you should change ranged classes target direction requirement actually matter and it to be close to 30 degrees, instead of current 180 to make it more in line to difficulty with melee classes.
Also being restricted from use of our best damage hit Shred in soloing (as all the mobs instantly turn into your direction from first hit).

Not being able to shapeshift out of roots in PVP. Being controlled by every possible control ability in game and even some extras others are immune to (like hibernate and scare beast). Only exception being polymorph, which is totolly irrelevant because mages have way too many roots and stuns and slows as if I am forced to fight one, I use like 2/3 of my GCD-s to shapeshift out of slows anyway and still can reach him only when some (like feral charge or skull bash or dash now also.) of my cooldown comes up.

Not being able to shapeshift out of roots in world/PVE content.

Getting movement speed reduction in stealth (specially now when you boosted rogues stealth speed over their normal speed).

Not being able to start craft as cat. Previously (wotlk start) I remember I was able to do it, it automatically came out of cat form and started doing it. Now it just fails.

From pvp/pve aspect, absolutely nothing anymore. You have managed to ruin everything.
Other than that, Swift flight form still is cool.

How easy we are controlled, particularly by frost mages, compared to past seasons where we were more free. I do not like relying on dispels from a healer, in fact, I HATE that, specially as if I play arenas (2v2), I prefer dual dps, because you have made healers ridicilously powerful now and with dps+healer build you simply can not kill other team in reasonable timeframe (4-5m max) if they are also dps+healer. I scarcely do arena thanks to that nowadays, and in every form of PvP except arena dispels are very hard to come by.

In my experience in rated bgs, the presence of enemy frost mages can make my experience absolutely miserable. No one really dispels in most levels of pvp, and being controlled so hard definitely spoils my experience.

Is ok. Although I would love to have combo points on myself, not on target.
Edited by Wakharaa on 13/09/2011 09:17 BST

Being able to re-stealth in combat.

I really miss being able to shift out of roots (and berserk fear immunity to a lesser extent). It dramatically watered down my feral druid, and I barely play my druid anymore (compared to previous) thanks to that - both pvp and pve. I would trade all the extra damage we do compared to previously in a heartbeat to get it back. In fact, I would like to be permanently roots immune rather than have ability to shift out of them restored.
I do not like how we are being sort of turned into just another hard hitting, controllable melee. I'd rather be a softer hitter but harder to control. I did not create my feral druid to cleave down hard with a healer at my back like warriors do. I like being independent and free.

I also wish that it wasn’t so gcd costly to access our non feral abilities. To throw out an instant cyclone costs 3 seconds worth of gcds, and to come out for a few heals also requires quite a lot of gcds. Being able to do most of the spells we do in cat or bear form, w/o the need to come out of form would be awesome.

Agility legendary 2h-weapon for feral. It's like 3rd expansion already and we still have NOTHING.

Being able to do the warrior style jump if I feral charge w/o target. You know, cats climb on trees and cliffs and should be able to jump over narrow rivers and chasms w/o some critter being on the other side.

Quadruple spec. I do understand why you dont want to do it for, lets say ... mages or rogues, but being stuck to 2 specs as true hybrid is realllly restricting. Specially, as you are doing your best to make even feral tree as much as possible into 2 trees, so people no matter how, can't be best cat dps and adequate tank in one spec. Even worse, being able to meld PVE and PVP cat into one build is impossible atm.

Feral heals feel _weak_ at the moment especially compared to other classes such as ret’s wogs and rogues recup.

Some ability/talent like "Nurturing Instinct", to boost Balance spells also. Ideally expanding same talent to ALL spells.

Cosmetics:

Being able to swap my cat and bear colours separadetly from my hair colour.

Being able to customize more of my shapeshift looks. Being a true shapeshifter, not some were-cat/were-bear, I should have freedom to shapeshift to whatever I like: mountain lion or panther or lynx or leopard or why cat at all, why not wolf or dragon or whatever really. While all other classes get new look with every new tier set, we should same way get new dps and tank animal forms with every new set. Make it additional set bonus for that matter.

least is the wrong wording, correct would be "(almost) never". And the list is: Insect swarm, Moonfire, Soothe (I would use it, if it didnt shapeshift me out, so I dont), Hurricane, Starfire, Wild Moshroom +Detonate, Wrath; Claw; Regrowth, Nourish.
90 Draenei Death Knight
PvE

Raids and Instance

My main is a Druid I think is balance great but I like to see a separation from Night Elf to Worgen maybe have more spell correlate whit the Moon I can say a Evolution of Druid Balance

The fact I can change shape and heal my self

change shape for do the same

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Is a good a idea I like to see more flexible in the end now every one do the same rotation because is the most efficent But I like to have more open choice of rotation

a Different Model for the Mookining
Worgen Druid more focus on the DPS site as Feral, Balance, they are druid but at the main time differen from the Night Elf
Improve thorn as maybe apply a posion dot or similar

thorns
- PVP Resto
- PVP
- Bg's , arenas, occasional rbg's
- Not an issue
- shifting forms / escaping enemies
- Nothing really
- Having to put all hot's up with so many global cooldowns and so little efficiency is not exactly right in my opinion
- Being on par with other healers healing-wise... low healing output and survival-wise .. we are squishy.
- Portal to moonglade
Edited by Cetion on 13/09/2011 09:15 BST
90 Worgen Druid
both

raids , some heroic raids , ans collecting mounts and achievements

arena , bg

flight form :) i love being able to instantly shift to flight form even in mid air

like the fact that u can do any thing(melee DPS , range DPS , heal and tank )

because of the fact we can preform any role our performance is often lower than other "pure" classes

there isn't much of a rotation for a resto druid but i love healing as a druid sure we have a slight problem with spiked damage but we have other utility to compensate

there is one thing i would really want for resto druids , a spell similar to warlocks soul swap
for our hots this would be usefull for PVP and PVE the fact that u can switch to another player without wasting 3-4 GCD's would be awesome

thorns and hurricane
85 Tauren Druid
PvP

BG
Hybrid-class lolwot?
having 1 viable spec per season, thx...
as above
what rotation? you tell me what to press.
hybrid again
that mushroom stuffloll
85 Tauren Druid
PVE

Raids mainly (and heroics)

- As a Druid, I have learned and collected gear for 3 specs (Feral Tank, Feral DPS and Restoration). I use them often in raids. I don't play balance. Having to visit trainer every time raid leader asks me to play a spec that is currently not in my dual specs is annoying.

- As tank, venegeance mechanic works very badly with tank switching. The taunting tank has low venegeance and has trouble holding aggro, the other tank has high venegeance and has to stop DPS. It's annoying holding back on DPS when the raid is having hardtime beating an enrage timer. And since savage defense mitigation for druids scale with venegeance, a taunting tank will start with low mitigation. Given that some bosses have tank switch every 15 secs or so, means that venegeance becomes useless because I relinquish aggro as soon as I have it stacked up.

- As a tank, I feel that tank DPS matters a lot. I am not talking about threat. I feel that venegeance mechanic is bad for that because the higher the mitigation and avoidance the lower the damage.

- As feral DPS, damage goes down a lot when there is a lot of target switching. Mastery feels useless since in many cases due to target dying before ticks hit. Mastery also feels useless in AOE situations.

Versatility. Being able to play 4 roles.

Not being the true hybrid druids used to be. I miss being able, as feral cat, to step in and tank when the main tank dies. Currently this is not possible without sacrificing a lot of DPS or utility.
Venegeance. I simply hate it.
Feral cat AOE rotation is boring.
Melee DPS being punished in many fights. Being punished by not being able to get behind the boss to use Shred.

For feral cat single target DPS, I miss the LK rotation.

For feral cat AOE, the rotation is merely a single button (swipe) which is boring.

A 3rd spec. Please please please!!

I would like for ferocious bite being used in main rotation and not just below 25% HP (just like it used to in LK).

For cats, may be add another AOE attack, such as an AOE bleed effect and a way to spread mangle debuff effect to several targets to make mastery useful in AOE and make rotation more interesting.

For tanking, remove venegeance mechanic entirely. And just make attack power scale with stamina as if tank has full venegeance stacked up.

In PVE: Thorns, Entangling Roots, Nature's Grasp, Soothe, Cyclone, Hibernate, Maim and Pounce.
As healer remove corruption is not used much in raids as I would like it to be.
Claw is never ever used. Makes me wonder why it is in game.
90 Night Elf Druid
PvE mostly, just a bit of PvP now and then for giggles

Heroics, casual raiding as a bear-tank.

random BGs only, as a kitten.

My biggest issue would be rage conservation in fights were encounter design forces us to get out of bear form or between fights : the ropes at the last boss in Deamines, jumping up the platform to reach the last boss in Lost City of Tol'Vir making us lose all rage from the previous fight, or having to mount up between packs of mobs in the Zandalari heroics.

The second thing would be the loss of the fear-breaking effect on Berserk. I understand that between trinkets and berserk, it made getting out of fear way too easy for ferals in PvP, but still, it's something that I miss badly.

Third would be the loss of the root-breaking when shapeshifting. I'm an "old bear", I remember my days of being a pretty much unstoppable flag-carrier in Warsong Gulch in the old days. That change to shapeshifting pretty much made me stop PvPing, and I've only recently restarted to have some fun in battlegrounds again.

I just love tanking with my face. There's just a special kind of charm to seeing bear tanks charging wildly in a group of mobs. I also like that skull bash gave us a 2nd short-range charge, and with the roar added, I'm enjoying having a bit more mobility than in the past.

Losing Rage in or between fights while knowing that warriors don't have that problem AND gain rage with a charge instead of losing some.

I've always enjoyed the fact that Cats have quite a lot of things to keep track of. When it comes to bears, well, nothing much to say, it feels very instinctive to me, but that might be because I've been a bear since early TBC.

- I'd be happy if charging could grant us a small 5 rage instead of costing it, I feel that it would make up for the fact that we're more or less forced to depend on enrage cooldowns to start most fights and the fact that we don't have a ranged silence and need to charge casters on the pulls.

- Being able to cast Thorns in Bear form. As it is we can only use it at the start of fights where we've been forced to shift out of bear form or lost all rage for some random reason. In most cases, casting thorns is not worth losing of remaining rage form a previous fight. And in fights where adds will spawn mid-way and thorns would come in handy, there's no way to cast it.

Claw. I literally haven't used it in years.
Edited by Deailu on 13/09/2011 09:21 BST
85 Troll Druid
Both.

If pve, what type of pve?
Heroic/normal raiding.

If pvp, what type of pvp?
I try to play some rated bgs, iv been playing some arena as resto at decent rating last season.

What makes your class more fun?
The playstyle of all 3specs even tho i mainly play balance.

What makes you class less fun to play?
Balance pvp how it currently is i mean a good boomkin cant compete with any of the other caster classes in arena atm because we simply cant get a single cast out (if the team your facing aint stupid). Also the fact that a boomkin with 4k resi takes 20% more dmg then any other caster/healer is kind off frustrating. I know there is some realy good restos that still play on high rating however i belive the output from restos hots in pvp is to low to be able to handle high burst melee cleaves with current cast times on the main healing spells.

How do you feel about your current rotation?
I belive the playstyle of boomkins is very fun but i dont think its good when moving alot (after the nerf to lunar shower) This specially is very bad for boomkin pvp since it was the only thing making balance worth playing (even tho it was quite boring compared to the utility of a frostmage/warlock). I belive that the way you should play resto to optimize in pve is fun however the pvp part of resto is kind off annoying since your supposed to be kiting so much to be able to keep up with the low pvp output. I dont think resto pvp as it is atm is as fun as it could have been with a good "fast heal" as flash heal, flash of light or healing surge.

Whats on your wish list for your class?
    I want to redesign regrowth to something similar to flash of light since atm its worthless except of when you get it as instant i tree of life.

I want you to bring back tree of life form without the extra healing and make the current buff from tree of life a cooldown that isnt removed while shapeshifting.

I would like Balance to get viable however i got no idea how to fix this.

What spells do you use least
Hurricane, soothe and regrowth.
90 Worgen Druid
SPQ
Spec: Balance

PvE

Raids. Semi-hardcore 10 man raiding is our goal.

Not PvPing much, but if so, in BGs and some arenas.

Placing Wild Mushrooms one-by-one is sometimes annoying. When spawned one over another, hard to track if there are 2 or 3 already placed.

Shapeshifting, utility, as for balance spec: eclipse rotation.
Self-healing, tranquinity available for other specs, STARFAAAAAALLL! :)

As for moonkins: eclipse buff makes our rotation quite complex. I find myself wondering if I should cast this spell now, or wait for eclipse to proc... or refresh dots now or later and so on. As our eclipse rotation is what makes Moonkins different from other casters, I must say it lost a bit of its dynamics. I guess it comes from wotlk issues with wrath being casted under GCD which implied longer casts in cata. Fast wrath casts were simply more impressive (whatever the damage was) and due to - more fun.

As mentioned above, our eclipse proc makes it a bit messy. We have to take a lot of decisions "on the fly" and choose proper spells to use this buff well.
Starsurge is also a nice addition to our rotation.

Glyph for Wild Mushroom: place all 3 with one cast, but make Detonate cooldown few seconds longer (if we consider placing 3 mushrooms as just a matter of global cooldown this should be like 3-4s longer CD). Added so the damage is the same, just easier to place, guess this should fit Major glyphs.
Random models for boomkins would also be nice, but that's just cosmetics.

Soothe. Used it on drakes in BWD and on one of the bosses in Zul'Aman. Cant recall using it much durning wotlk either or in boss encounters.
From damage-dealing spells: hurricane, as it's damage is low and it eats loads of mana.
86 Worgen Druid
Both PVE and PVP (Arena)

Mostly normal raids but i do hope to give heroic raids a good go.

Arena - I feel we are very balanced at the moment with our ability to burst damage and level of movement.

N/A

Shapeshifting

Eye candy (Shapeshifting) - During any raid I can't help but notice everyone elses clothing during raids while I as a kitty will always look the same and no amount of recoloured furs will change that.

I'd say perfect i'm not doing too much to distract me from what i should be watching

New Travel Form: Even though the icon for the travel form is a hoof the form is a cheetah. I think the form should become a full stag/deer with the ability to carry party/raid members like any other mount. It would be best that this can not be used in pvp.

Thorns - There is no place for this as a feral kitty
Edited by Melkirth on 13/09/2011 09:29 BST
90 Night Elf Druid
12/09/2011 17:00Posted by Takralus

Both (PvE/PvP as Boomkin)

Normal mode Raids only as always try to go with guild (slow progression)

Mainly normal BGs. Have badly attempted 2v2 and 3v3 but only been in 2 Rated BGs

In PvE it is having to 'game' the Eclipse mechanic to stay viable for adds phases by holding yourself in a 'Solar' Eclipse. To a lesser degree it is losing Moonkin form when having to BR. In PvP it is simply the lack of survivbility in most situations. Having to loose the minimal benefit Moonkin form gives to pop a few HoTs on yourself especially when in a BG someone will probably dispell them off you at no penalty anyway.

Aside from being a giant chicken that shoots lasers? Nothing currently makes being a Boomkin more fun than any other class. On the contrary, I think we have the hardest time of all with the fact that we are so obvious in PvP and get focused due tot he fact that there is no penalty in getting your free HK from us.

I only have this one character and only play Boomkin. We have had stages of greatness that were removed and I still hunger for those days again. One day the chickens will revolt and turn the World of Warcraft into vegetarians and it is 'fun' waiting for that day to come.

In PvE it is that fact that we have to 'game' a Blizzard mechanic to stay competetive. I don't mind working harder to be worth my raid spot as it feels like I achieve more but I do not like the fact that I have to stray from Blizzards intentions to be viable. Also, I have noticed that the lack of interrupts in certain fights is a nightmare. on Cho'gall we can use typhoon to remove the MC from people. On Nefarian we can't interrupt the adds with Typhoon and only use Solar Beam when they are casting.

In PvP it is our lack of most things. Thorns were great as a way of making melee think twice until 'nerfed'. Starfall stun/remove stealth was great until removed. Treants when barkskin up were going to have a chance to stun then didn't. Losing the small benefit of Boomkin form to pop some HoTs hurts. Having our HoTs dispellable wih no penalty hurts.

As I have said before, the theory behind our rotation and the 'balance' we try to strike between nature and arcane is brilliant. The whole concept and idea of what we are to do is spot on. It is a shame that in practice it is not working at all.

We need to have spells that currently only benefit nature (solar eclipse) changes to benefit either eclipse. We need our non-eclipse states buffed so we are not woeful when not in it.

We can move between the states pretty quickly but when you have to 'game' it to time and stay in solar eclipse for an incoming add phase (or in PvP just as long as you can) it breaks the intended rotation and renders the work Blizzard did useless.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

Use of Noggenfogger and the likes to 'hide' moonkin form. Thorns rebuffed back so melee think twice before stomping on us. Starfall stun/remove stealth reverted. Treant stun chance. Penalty for dispelling HoTs. Damage increase when out of Eclipse. AOE ability from Solar buffed to work with Lunar as well. Barkskin making immune to pushback and interrupts when casting a proper spell (wrath/starfire). BR to not take me out of Moonkin form. Mushroom planting to be done in 1 GCD for all 3 as an option to speed it up (like Feral Fairie Fire having 3 stacks in one these days).

Hurricane - not even on my spell bars anymore
Hibernate - in PvE there is such a lack of adds that you can use it on
Thorns - Not enough damage to be worth it

(Teleport: Moonglade) accept when grinding for Loremaster and other achievements :)
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]