Transmogrification Rules - Allow Legendary Weapons

85 Human Priest
As far as it stands, legendary weapons are not allowed for Transmogrification.

Why is this?

Legendaries are hard to acquire and so us who worked hard to get these legendaries should be able to show them with Transmogrification.

I'd like a valid reason why we should not be able to. 'Its unfair on players without legendaries' is one i'm expecting.... my response: They didn't have to put in the work for a legendary.

Allow them for Transmogrification blizzard...

Edit: Please request for a sticky so we can use our legendaries for the upcoming patch!
Edited by Gibz on 20/09/2011 20:15 BST
Reply Quote
82 Tauren Priest
I cant imagine why legendaries wont be allowed. Its just another skin for your weapon so as no stats and bonuses are granted why not?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Legendary items cannot be transmogrified.Legendary items cannot be used to transmogrify.

I don't see the reasoning behind this either - I thought the whole idea behind Transmogrification was to show off your cool gear.

Remember that these rules are subject to change before 4.3 goes live, and considering it's not up on PTR yet, that's still a while to go.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Legendarys wouldnt be so legendary
Reply Quote
53 Undead Priest
20/09/2011 20:32Posted by Hypershock
Legendarys wouldnt be so legendary
it would.. cause you need a genuine one to be able to do it
Reply Quote
6 Gnome Mage
They won't let you transmorg legendary weapons because if you could, they would have to sell them at a vendor, to please the masses. :)
Reply Quote
53 Undead Priest
20/09/2011 20:53Posted by Trànce
They won't let you transmorg legendary weapons because if you could, they would have to sell them at a vendor, to please the masses. :)
stop talking nonsense,people who wants to use the look needs to obtain it, i think people realise that cause its a legendary after all
Reply Quote
6 Gnome Mage
I am on your side, i think it is stupid, they won't let you use legends because if you could use them, other people want too aswell, you know they are bringing back naxx gear, vengeful, etc, gear what only the elite recieved, but they will now be sold at a vendor so everyone can wear them. I thought this transmorg patch was so you could show off YOUR cool gear, not just wear gear you like.. my point was that if you wear your legendary, and average joe can't have the same skin on his weapon he will complain.
Reply Quote
53 Undead Priest
20/09/2011 20:59Posted by Trànce
I am on your side, i think it is stupid, they won't let you use legends because if you could use them, other people want too aswell, you know they are bringing back naxx gear, vengeful, etc, gear what only the elite recieved, but they will now be sold at a vendor so everyone can wear them. I thought this transmorg patch was so you could show off YOUR cool gear, not just wear gear you like.. my point was that if you wear your legendary, and average joe can't have the same skin on his weapon he will complain.
then you missunderstood it, the point was not to show of to others, it was to be able to get the char to look the way you want
Reply Quote
6 Gnome Mage
If they sell all this special gear at a vendor, people will all wear the same stuff from that vendor, everybody will look the same, like a uniform for each class.. it's stupid, if you have to have the item you want to transmorgify your gear into, what is the point in that rule if you can buy any nice gear you want from a vendor?
Reply Quote
6 Gnome Mage
Blizzard can't have it both ways, if they don't want you to be able to transmorg legendaries in order to keep them sacred due to lore or whatever, they also shouldn't allow players to transmorg their gear into PVP gear what required rating in the past, Vengeful for example, an item set what was been taken out of the game and will be re introduced solely so idiots can wear it for free. Top tier arena gear is probably harder to obtain than legendaries anyway, or atleast it was in TBC, when warglaives dropped from a boss. Legends are obtained from drooling through mindless PvE content, on normal mode if you aren't good enough for heroic mode, no problem! you get the same legendary! they are just another weapon with a nice skin, and people should be able to transmorgify them, if they aren't going to keep other once hard to obtain gear sacred.
Reply Quote
73 Blood Elf Warrior
20/09/2011 21:02Posted by Vilmo
then you missunderstood it, the point was not to show of to others, it was to be able to get the char to look the way you want

There's not all that much of a difference for a lot of people.

And at the moment, it's more "You can now make your character look the way you want it! Except..you can't have anything we consider silly. And you can't have any armour type that's not the one you currently wear, even if it was what you started in. And you can't change your weapons to different types to correct massive overinflation of one particularly weapon type. Oh, unless you are a hunter. And while this is specifically to allow you to use the old skins that you collected and loved, you can't use the legendary skins that you collected and loved."
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
We worked for them.
We earned them.
We want to use them.
Edited by Gibz on 24/09/2011 14:45 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I dont see why not. It seems as silliy as not allowing people to use the corrupted ashbringer for transmogging, they earned said weapon, why deny them the chance to use it's looks?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Edited by Figureitout on 24/04/2012 10:37 BST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Legendary weapons are supposed to be legendary. They suddenly wont have that legendary appearance and backstory if hundreds of people are running around with them at any given time.

So what if you worked for them? So what if you earned them? And so what if you want to use them? Fact is, they're meant to be unique, legendary items.

20/09/2011 20:14Posted by Gibz
They didn't have to put in the work for a legendary.

It's funny. That's the response i'd use to someone who says "I worked for my legendary".
Edited by Krisandra on 24/09/2011 15:27 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
We worked for them.
We earned them.
We want to use them.

this.

why can we not use them and show them off? even low level legendaries are hard as hell to get but their low stats make them useless, but if we could transmorgify them I would be truly happy
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Legendary weapons are supposed to be legendary. They suddenly wont have that legendary appearance and backstory if hundreds of people are running around with them at any given time.

If hundreds of people have them, then hundreds of people can run around with them right now even without transmogrification. Where do people want to do most of their showing off? In cities right? So if you have a legendary chances are you will just make a macro or whatever to switch to the Legendary once you arrive in a city. You have your gear Transmogged to T6 or your chosen look and you switch in the weapon to finish off the look.

So what if you worked for them? So what if you earned them? And so what if you want to use them? Fact is, they're meant to be unique, legendary items.

The point is for the people who have the Legendary this Transmog restriction serves no purpose other than to annoy them and make it harder for them actually look the way they want. They will probably keep the Legendary in their bag so they can equip it while idling in city or in raid or whatever...this is exactly the thing Transmog and Void Storage is made to prevent...taking up bagspace with Vanity items.

The previews even show that the tooltip will tell people which item is equipped and which item is being used as the Transmog model. To me this is made with Legendaries in mind but for some reason Blizz think Legendaries should be exempt from Transmog so we can have the same issues we have always had with Vanity items, taking up space.

Legendaries are Legendary because of their colour and rarity. If 1000 people have them when Transmog comes out then only 1000 people can Transmog an item to look like their Legendary...how does that make them less rare or Legendary? It is like saying that because 50% of Legendary owners won't bother carrying around their Legendary to show it off with their Transmog set it will make the Legendary more Legendary...that won't be true but what it will do is make Transmogrification flawed and incomplete so long as Legendaries are excluded from it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
What I dislike more is the weapon type restriction.
I have a few nice (old) fist weapon sets that go REALLY well with some of my old 'RP' sets.

But let's say that the best available weapons for me at the time are one-handed maces, I'm all out of luck then!

And on that note, allowing legendary weapons for transmogrification would be useless to me, as my old Sulfuras is a two-handed mace, and shaman don't use two-handed weapons anymore.

I was rather hoping that weapon types wouldn't be important, so I could wield my Sulfuras in a nice RP set, even though I'm dual-wielding fist weapons/axe/maces.

Sad cow either way.

:<
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Priest
"They're meant to be unique"

Unique and collecting dust in hundreds of player's banks, with no use to them other than to take out once in a blue moon.

They'd still be rare, some people have been farming for years and not gotten a single drop, because thr drop rate is so low and the RNG hates them.
Even at lvl 85 you are still limited to one shot a week so I think the number of legendaries on any given realm are still very low and on most can probably be counted on one hand.
The brewfest mounts might as well be legendaries, they may have a higher drop percentage but they are still rare.

You also forget about people having a personal taste, sure, people would want to be able to use their legendary, but there are also people who just as much would rather use a cool looking lower quality weapon or armor...

Posted at nobody in particular, just sharing my thougts again on this topic.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]