First person cannot zoom out..

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Rogue
Hello! I am having a trouble playing wow with all of my characters. My problem is that i can only play looking through my character`s eyes (aka first person) and cannot zoom out at all.

I have tried

-Logging with 2 another wow accounts (my friends`s) and logged in with every toon they had and i didnt had a problem.
-CHECKED KEYBINDINGS!
-playing around in the ingame interface/camera section
-Deleting my WTF/CACHE/INTERFACE folders in Wow folder
-using some /scripts & /console type commands i found on internet
-Repaired using Repair.exe in Wow folder
-Updated my addons
-LOOKED INTO A LOT OF TOPICS ABOUT THIS NOTHING HELPED!

please do help me asap i cant play wow and today is a raid day

edit 1:(BTW i tried logging out / Trying with other toons / Closing wow and re-opening / restarting computer vs..)

edit2: I think the real problem is with this zoom thing is about the zoomout option i took the keybind from zoom out from mouse wheel down and made it "end" button and whenever i push "end" or any button assigned to the zoom out command it autamatically changes my view of the game to first-person)

edit3: I can go to normal zoom version by using "home" & "end" keys bot when ever i used the button thats keybinded to zoom out i am stuck in first person camera again ..
Edited by Comingforya on 16/09/2011 09:13 BST
90 Blood Elf Rogue
still looking for asistance...
Blizzard Employee
Hello,

16/09/2011 04:32Posted by Comingforya
wow accounts (my friends`s)

Logging onto someone else's account is against our ToS.

edit3: I can go to normal zoom version by using "home" & "end" keys bot when ever i used the button thats keybinded to zoom out i am stuck in first person camera again ..

Is your MouseWheelDown bound to the zoom-out feature?

What if you revert your keybindings to default?
90 Blood Elf Rogue
hello krinkskal

we are 3 flatmates so i just logged in with their characters in order to check out if the issue was on my pc/account and so it does . I logged in with 15+ toons and i was able to use the zoom function as intended. BUT! When i logged in to any character in MY account i get the error again.
So... I did check my keybinding for zoom out/in thing and it is set to mouse wheel down/up and theres no problem there i am using bartender and i deleted it re-instaled it ignored it through the character selection screen and it didnt help.. Do you have any other ideas on how can i fix this ?
Blizzard Employee
As per my previous post, please reset the keybindings to default through the Options panel.

Also, delete the Interface folder prior to running the game.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
As i said in the previous post, i did reset the keybindings about 10+ times and deleted interface/wtf/cache folders about 3 - 4 times
Blizzard Employee
Could you please create a new character, login to the game with it and then test away?
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Sure thing! Doing it right away
90 Blood Elf Rogue
i deleted interface/cache/wtf folders again resetted keybinds opened a new character on a different realm and i still have the problem i can zoomin but once i try to zoom out it autamtically takes me to the first person view and i cannot zoom out back any suggestions ?
Blizzard Employee
Could you please type the following command in the in-game Chat window?

/console cameraDistanceMax 30

Should the issue persist, please type the following command:

/console synchronizeConfig 0

Then quit the game and delete the WTF and Interface folders. Once deleted, please test away.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I seriously do love you Krinskal <3 i must have spent a 5-6 frustrating hours before i fixed this (stayed up all night) thank you for you support the one /console cameraDistanceMax 30 helped me out thanks again =)
Blizzard Employee
16/09/2011 12:57Posted by Comingforya
I seriously do love you Krinskal

<3

Enjoy the game :)
85 Goblin Death Knight
hey blizzard.

my freinds character is first person, he have tried all these things you have suggested but it
won´t help, i hope you can help:D
90 Orc Shaman
also thanks i am also stuck in first person and now i will try this
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]