[Suggestion] "RP-mode" Instances

So, yesterday I was doing Karazhan with a few friends, and I always think of how good it would be if Karazhan had actually been 25-man so that it could be utilised for events. I also got to think of how places like Stratholme and Scholomance would be great for events if you could get more people inside. Then the idea struck me after talking a bit about it with my friends.

The idea was to allow a sorta "RP-mode" for instances(Be it 5-mans or raids), where you could get as many people in you wished until a certain limit(40, as in an entire raid?) for events, no matter the levels(Though I suppose the raid leader should at least be of appropriate level). The instance would then either be chosen as completely empty, perhaps except for friendly NPCs, or filled with NPCs who give no exp and drop no loot. Those who are inside are then free to RP as of their choice.

Have a good day and give me some thoughts, criticism or whatever.
Edited by Strorm on 18/09/2011 19:17 BST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Thats a pretty good idea actually, hopefully someday we will be able to. Some instances would be great for RP
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
This idea actually sounds really good, I like it, only one thing that would make it better:

If you didn't have to be in a Raid group and you just wanted to go in solo in "RP-mode".

I think it would be great for lore-obsessed players (like me) to be able to solo these great raids in order to gain lore instead of loot, or at least immersion instead of loot/exp.

I think the idea sounds great, but just keep in mind, we RPers are the minority of WoW, the most attention is targeted towards pve'ers or pvpers, RPers are just a minority in Wows population, we're basically the slums of the city while PVE is the rich, noble central city and PVP is the regular districts surrounding the city central. So Blizzard would (imo) not really add this, its a shame really, I think it's a good idea.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Whut dey said.
Reply Quote
This idea actually sounds really good, I like it, only one thing that would make it better:

If you didn't have to be in a Raid group and you just wanted to go in solo in "RP-mode".

I think it would be great for lore-obsessed players (like me) to be able to solo these great raids in order to gain lore instead of loot, or at least immersion instead of loot/exp.

I think the idea sounds great, but just keep in mind, we RPers are the minority of WoW, the most attention is targeted towards pve'ers or pvpers, RPers are just a minority in Wows population, we're basically the slums of the city while PVE is the rich, noble central city and PVP is the regular districts surrounding the city central. So Blizzard would (imo) not really add this, its a shame really, I think it's a good idea.

Changing it to being soloable and not requiring a raid's not that big a problem, thanks for that suggestion. I'm well aware of how small a minority we are, but I am not sure about how hard or easy it would be to make this. There's always this one in a million chance you know?
Reply Quote
I approve of this idea!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
18/09/2011 19:22Posted by Strorm
There's always this one in a million chance you know?

Indeed :D
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I also think it's great idea, but we may be selling ourselves short here as I am sure I heard that RPers compose of 10% of the wow population. So that's about 1.1 million players at the latest estimate. Wow has also lost 1 million players and I would bet/hope that they are the pve players as the rp community seems quite stable. So maybe as we become a larger percentage of the community maybe we may get more patch content aimed at us. Never the less the new gear changing transmogrifing certainly seems to be aimed at us and allows us to run instances and such in our chosen rp sets. Well here's hoping for some more love from the devs as we grow :)
Edited by Bosehigson on 18/09/2011 20:21 BST
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Aye great Idea, Myself i have RPed inside Kara, and i really love it, but the bad thing its just the level limit, and you must clean the place first before it aviable for RPing..
Reply Quote
You have my sword, my bow and my Axe...
Anyone buy me an axe?
Reply Quote
I do quite like this idea. Don't forget to upvote it as that's an easy way to show our appreciation for it :D
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Death Knight
Where i agree this -could- be a good idea. Its also bad...
Why wont they make Guild/Player-houses? Because then we lock ourself away from everyone els and thus creating a ghost world. And why would let say... 50 Death Knight hangs around in karazhan? "Claiming" to own the place as their house. Or "Be the new baron of stratholme"

I am not saying this is what your thinking, but i am telling you what already are happending with the mops still in there. Now imagine what would happend if it was easier to do it. We would see maybe hundreds of people claiming to live in BT or KZ.

And more important.. The world of Warcraft would be... more empty than it already is
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
19/09/2011 06:20Posted by Fredian
"Be the new baron of stratholme"

Who'd want to be the new baron of an undead infested, burning city?
Reply Quote
Where i agree this -could- be a good idea. Its also bad...
Why wont they make Guild/Player-houses? Because then we lock ourself away from everyone els and thus creating a ghost world. And why would let say... 50 Death Knight hangs around in karazhan? "Claiming" to own the place as their house. Or "Be the new baron of stratholme"

I am not saying this is what your thinking, but i am telling you what already are happending with the mops still in there. Now imagine what would happend if it was easier to do it. We would see maybe hundreds of people claiming to live in BT or KZ.

And more important.. The world of Warcraft would be... more empty than it already is

You raise an interesting point which I get. My intention with this was for the sake of events. I personally don't think everybody would be leaving the world to only RP in their instance, but I can certainly see people use some of them as a guild house. Personally, I'd see it as a matter to solve for the realm itself. As for your example, I did propose a level limit for instances, and not to mention people claiming certain places as only -theirs- to RP in aren't going to be held in high esteem. This seems more of a RP community on realm problem than the concept itself.
Reply Quote
It would be nice to open raids to a 'roleplay instance' where either the mobs are still there or they're all cleared and you could have 40 people within it. As a result, no achievements, loot or XP will be earned from mobs or rep and it's purely for roleplay and fun group play!
Reply Quote
A brilliant idea, this would really be plausible for the majority of the Role-Playing communities. I vote for RP-Mode instances today.
Reply Quote
been asking for this for years. Blackrock Depths would be amazing as well.
If they'd make a copy of the Karazhan opera in Undercity or the ballrooms in Silvermoon, that would already be awesome.

but yes, level and number free access to dungeons, hear hear!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
19/09/2011 07:16Posted by Azmof
"Be the new baron of stratholme"

Who'd want to be the new baron of an undead infested, burning city?

Uhm... Forsaken?
Reply Quote
That's kind of impossible considering who actually claims Stratholme in Cataclysm after defeating Balnazzar and Aurius. Of course there is always the option of using these instances as "stand-in" locations for something else in an event, like using Karazhan as a stand-in for a haunted castle for example, or Scholomance as a stand-in for a hidden dark magic school elsewhere.
Edited by Strorm on 19/09/2011 15:09 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]