Tier 13 Set Pieces Acquisition

Community
We recognize that making the tier 13 set pieces available only as raid drops leaves players much more subject to RNG drop rates/loot rolls, but we have a couple of plans to try and alleviate the sense of burden that stems from the randomness of token drops.

The way tier 13 pieces will be obtained in the 4.3 raid won't be unlike raids past, meaning players will still need to roll on multi-class set tokens. That said, we'll be tweaking the tier 13 10-player drop rates a little bit (for the better) relative to the 25-player version, given that these tier pieces can't be purchased from vendors for Valor Points.

In addition, due to tier pieces not being offered for Valor Points, another thing you'll see in patch 4.3 is a much wider array of desirable non-set loot (covering more slots than prior patches) available from the vendors, for those players who are unlucky with specific token drops, or who aren't interested in raiding—although, once you get more details about the Raid Finder, we hope you'll find interest in having a go.

Keep in mind we do intend to allow tier 13 set pieces to drop for those using the upcoming Raid Finder. Similar to the difference between normal and Heroic versions of tier sets, the Raid Finder set will have a lower item level than the normal and Heroic counterparts.

Set pieces from all three difficulty levels can still be mixed and matched for the two and four-piece bonuses.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Hmmm.... just hmm. While at least the drop rate is being tweaked for 10 man, I still think this is opening up some serious QQs (but then again, when isn't there).

Interesting that the 3 difficulty sets will still allow the 2/4 set bonuses.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
No, NO, not tier 13 for the "LFR"-feature!
I wanna brag about my armor!
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Will the Raid Finder ilevel of loot be competitive to the 378/391 ilevel of Firelands?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
I assume this will be like the Archeology RNG fix...

QQ QQ QQ

-Dos
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I'm terribly sorry, but i fail to see how this raid finder only difficulty will make anyone happy.
I'm seeing its gear being labeled finder gear, people mocked for doing it and obtaining below everage tier pieces. Or even worse, people requiring raid finder achievs for normal mode raids or to join guilds.

The solution was right before your eyes.

Easier normal mode raids, for everyone to experience them, shiney and new but doable in a pug(or through the raid finder, same lvl of difficulty as normal mde, same drops).

Hardmode raids creepy hard, for those minority of players that can efford and like and want to do it the hard way, and get better loot, recoloured and more shney than ever.

i don't see why do we need 3 difficulty lvl, what is it for ? labeling casuals, mediocre, and good players ? some people will have raid finder gear, some other normal mode gear, and some other hard modes gear. further increasing the jealousy and unhappynes around.

players out of the raid finder will still hit a brickwall on normal mode raids, cause let's be honest, it's not the gear that makes the fight, but the encounter requirements, if u need 20k everag dps to beat a boss, and you're only capable of doing 17k, u just won't make it.

what relly changes in between having 400 itemlvl and 390 itemlvl is how other people look at you, and how you feel with yourself. which is what makes people stop playing, not being able to kill anything else than shannox on normal mode is crap, and bring players away, now you can have instead raid finder to kill more bosses, ye, but u will only feel better until you go hit that wall in normal mode again.

Noone wants gear easy to obtain(through raid finder in this case) they want to earn it, but in a way that is not heavy and doesn't require too much effort, which is entirely different from doing an easy mode raid.

They want normal mode, made easier. And be happy with their half a tier below heroic mode gear and bonuses and whatnot.

Hey, i will surely use this raid finder, even with my guild if it's possible to queu as a group really, easy mode sounds like a good way to experience stuff and get ready for normal modes, but really, i doubt i'll be any happy until i get at least normal mode raid gear.
And will be even more unhappy if by any chance i won't be able to kill anything in the new raid due to the fight requirements being too high, like it has been all along in this expansion. i'm just being honest, i havn't been happy in this expansion, cause it was just too hard, requiring too much from 9 different people where the skill range may vary incredibly, i've seen people doing barely 10k in 359 gear, and they are good people, with a family, a work, maybe not much time, people i play since ages, and it pains me to not be able tot ake them to a raid cause they are not good enough for it. cause distress in them, in me, in the guild.
making people happy should be your priority. a third difficulty ain't going to solve anything, quite the opposite, it will only provide people something to do for a little bit, that will ultimately leave then unhappy anyway.

Reply Quote
1 Gnome Priest

Set pieces from all three difficulty levels can still be mixed and matched for the two and four-piece bonuses.

So, the LFR items will give set bonuses?

This is, of course, a true revolution, although the extent depends on the LFR lockout system.

1. If LFR has no lockouts, it will mean you can now get your 4-set bonus in the first week, which of course means every serious raider (including top guilds) will be forced to do so via non-stop grinding of LFR

2. If LFR has lockouts but you can queue in a group, then guilds will have to run A LOT of raids for it, so that every one can have only a few mains, to try to get 4pc for the most people within first week (unless drop rate is terrible, in which case it will behave like Baradin Hold)

3. If LFR has lockouts and you can only queue solo, then it's going to be like Baradin Hold

Unless of course they make the set bonus suck so much that they aren't worth the reduced ilevel compared to 391 (assuming it's reduced, that is), but the current direction seems to be to make them pretty much worth more than anything else.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't understand why they don't use the TotC mechanic in which a token drops that every class can use.

Currently, people always QQ that every time the wrong token drops or that there is heavy competition.

Simply drop 1 in 10 man and 3 in 25.

A little off-topic but when are you going to make 25-man raids more rewarding than 10-man?
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
20/09/2011 15:26Posted by Takralus
Keep in mind we do intend to allow tier 13 set pieces to drop for those using the upcoming Raid Finder. Similar to the difference between normal and Heroic versions of tier sets, the Raid Finder set will have a lower item level than the normal and Heroic counterparts.

I'm so glad this is being implemented.
Edited by Dawd on 20/09/2011 17:02 BST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
I don't understand why they don't use the TotC mechanic in which a token drops that every class can use.

Currently, people always QQ that every time the wrong token drops or that there is heavy competition.

Simply drop 1 in 10 man and 3 in 25.

A little off-topic but when are you going to make 25-man raids more rewarding than 10-man?

Hopefully when they deal with dead servers that cant find enough people to make a 25man raid
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Shaman
I'm terribly sorry, but i fail to see how this raid finder only difficulty will make anyone happy.
I'm seeing its gear being labeled finder gear, people mocked for doing it and obtaining below everage tier pieces. Or even worse, people requiring raid finder achievs for normal mode raids or to join guilds.

Easier normal mode raids, for everyone to experience them, shiney and new but doable in a pug(or through the raid finder, same lvl of difficulty as normal mde, same drops).

Hardmode raids creepy hard, for those minority of players that can efford and like and want to do it the hard way, and get better loot, recoloured and more shney than ever.

i don't see why do we need 3 difficulty lvl, what is it for ? labeling casuals, mediocre, and good players ? some people will have raid finder gear, some other normal mode gear, and some other hard modes gear. further increasing the jealousy and unhappynes around.

players out of the raid finder will still hit a brickwall on normal mode raids, cause let's be honest, it's not the gear that makes the fight, but the encounter requirements, if u need 20k everag dps to beat a boss, and you're only capable of doing 17k, u just won't make it.

what relly changes in between having 400 itemlvl and 390 itemlvl is how other people look at you, and how you feel with yourself. which is what makes people stop playing, not being able to kill anything else than shannox on normal mode is crap, and bring players away, now you can have instead raid finder to kill more bosses, ye, but u will only feel better until you go hit that wall in normal mode again.

Noone wants gear easy to obtain(through raid finder in this case) they want to earn it, but in a way that is not heavy and doesn't require too much effort, which is entirely different from doing an easy mode raid.

They want normal mode, made easier. And be happy with their half a tier below heroic mode gear and bonuses and whatnot.

Hey, i will surely use this raid finder, even with my guild if it's possible to queu as a group really, easy mode sounds like a good way to experience stuff and get ready for normal modes, but really, i doubt i'll be any happy until i get at least normal mode raid gear.
And will be even more unhappy if by any chance i won't be able to kill anything in the new raid due to the fight requirements being too high, like it has been all along in this expansion. i'm just being honest, i havn't been happy in this expansion, cause it was just too hard, requiring too much from 9 different people where the skill range may vary incredibly, i've seen people doing barely 10k in 359 gear, and they are good people, with a family, a work, maybe not much time, people i play since ages, and it pains me to not be able tot ake them to a raid cause they are not good enough for it. cause distress in them, in me, in the guild.
making people happy should be your priority. a third difficulty ain't going to solve anything, quite the opposite, it will only provide people something to do for a little bit, that will ultimately leave then unhappy anyway.

Instead of writing huge QQ essay cant you just sit down check elitistjerks or some other site and achieve those famous 20k dps?

I mean wow is not a rocket science especially now when you even dont need a calculator to see if you are hit caped how much crit and sp you have?! :P
Edited by Gorebash on 20/09/2011 17:14 BST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
WTF! Some mother fuc+er just hacked or done something to my accont sort it plz
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
ty
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
20/09/2011 17:13Posted by Gorebash
Instead of writing huge QQ essay cant you just sit down check elitistjerks or some other site and achieve those famous 20k dps?

you didn't get it, did you. no reading on elitist jerk can give you skills. it may improve you al ittle bit to know that maybe hitting that spell on cooldown is a dps increase, but overall, it won't change the way you play. and the requisites this days are just too high. that's how i see things, and an easy mode raid won't make anyone any happy, or at least it won't make those hitting walls in normal mode any happier.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
so this means... we will have multiple lockouts for LFR and premade-/guildruns. or how does this system evolve?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I REFUSE to be a RAID SLAVE!!! I have 3 lv 85 ilv 370+, in this server, i play for the last 5years and before that I WAS with and other account from the beginning of WOW!

And i always hated the raid play style! its no more than a group of kids running around like mad dogs in a drug store! Always insulting each other when something go wrong!

Me, my pals and lots of the mature guys i knew, in all this years! just wanted to do quest, explore the world, pvp and also do raids, but not need to beg eletist jerk (read sploided kids) to lets us joint if we dont have the last piece of armor or the achiv! But this the only raison we go to this raids, we need to get the achivs and the armors, if not, why the f... we willl need to go there in the first place!!
To avoid this spoilded kids we only get our armor from vendors, random instance and also quest!
But we are always put behind! this have to STOP, a LITTLE RESPECT FOR THUS WHO DONT WANT TO RAID!!

VIVE LA REVOLUTION :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
damn annoying to be even more reliable on raid drops which are never even worth anything. especially in 10-mans, where only 2 items drop and most of the time for classes that ARENT EVEN IN THE RAID. can't you fix that, and make it so that loot drops only for classes (or even specs) that are present in the raid? As if guilds need another 200 Maelstrom crystals to stack in the guildbank. If I were you, I should really reconsider the way bossloot works, because it only gets worse and worse. Waiting 12 weeks before the right item drops FINALLY, whereas some stand-in in a 2nd raid team gets lucky on the first try. It will always be some sort of RNG-mechanic, but make it more fair.

Effort > gear instead of Luck > gear
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
20/09/2011 17:13Posted by Gorebash

Gorebash puts it exactly the right way. nothing more to be said about raiding once you read his post. thanks alot Gorebash, hope someone actually properly reads it and tells his Blizz buddies about it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
So basically...

Diet T13 (for guildless PuGers and casuals)
Normal T13 (for everyone)
Heroic T13 (for Paragon)
Reply Quote
3 difficulty levels?

THANK-YOU!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]