Why is there a faction inbalance?!?!

90 Gnome Death Knight
Well we rstablished that we agree to that there is 1 so... why is it so bad?

My own revelations will not be revieled as i think i got a good idea but aint sure yet.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
well if you ask me it started with the BE's.

now i have nothing against BE's myself. hell I play an legolas lol race myself;). But from what I could tell back in vanilla we didn't have this huge an disbalance untill TBC came out and with it an huge surge of BE's.

Now from that point on horde had more players and lets face it people rather join the bigger faction. As you'll have more activities you have an bigger chance of getting helped when somone is ganking you etc etc. Its just alot easier and alot more fun in general to be on the bigger factions side.

but thats just how i believe we got such an huge faction disbalance.

Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Exactly, if i was a new player, i souldn't think twice about which faction to join (if i was to join BS) the one with very little players or the dominating one..
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
Yes. I will agree thats 1 part of the problem. but id say it runs deeper...
Edited by Wodric on 26/09/2011 06:34 BST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
The nerd answer: Psychology. If you're choosing a server & you see, 'Burning Steppes,' it sounds fierce & fiery, instantly pointing you toward a visually more aggressive race/character build. One of many reasons why we have so many Orc Warriors - it just feels right.

I'm not saying Alliance are any less vicious, but a giant green brute in plate armour looks a lot fiercer than a dinky gnome mage running around with a pink beard. Mind you, gnomes with pink & green hair should be watched out for. Anything that small advertising itself as a target is either supremely lethal, or scarily dumb. Either way, dangerous.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Then am the most suicidal after 3 years on horde, transfering to alliance :P
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
Vrith has a a point :) atleast concearning gnomes^^ and indeed the server name could infact be a part of the problem. I even feel you may have come in close contact with my theory here.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
well dancing around a problem never solved it... common u can do better...

Hint: level a horde char from lvl 1-85 thru questing (make sure to interact with any opposing faction char u see regardless of faction). then go do the same on allie...

Lol ive been corpse camped by 2 lvl 85's twice in the world for a good amount of time even just while questing a char going thru the lvl 1-60 lvls and i didnt even ask for it...

Its allowed i know and all fair... but IF u want balance... will that work? 90vs10 and over lvled will make ppl stay?

I also got a horde here at lvl 85 and had 0 problems and even ran into more allies... never killed by a "skull" marked... as allie it will happend alot, infact almost everytime u see 1...

Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
maybe its the fact that you play a male bold gnome with little blue mustache that just invites you "Hey im the ugliest thing you will ever see in this game , Please KILL ME"
so yeah you are asking for it
how does one even play something looking like your char
i just cant comprehend it

/ends expressing rage at gnomes
Edited by Flowa on 04/10/2011 12:50 BST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
04/10/2011 12:46Posted by Flowa
ugliest thing you will ever see in this game

Oh come on, a tauren calling a gnome ugly!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
04/10/2011 12:46Posted by Flowa
maybe its the fact that you play a male bold gnome with little blue mustache that just invites you "Hey im the ugliest thing you will ever see in this game

How many lines of what i wrote did u read before that statement 1/2? or did u read any at all xD.

Was talking about in general... i got a quite few more characters here and as its not a RP server im allowed to tell... (maybe u missed the part that i have a horde aswell...).

Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
I've just had to log off early because of a ridiculously OP and very infeminate-looking Belf repeatedly one-shotting me and camping my corpse, but I wouldn't want to change sides and I wouldn't want to roll PvE.

Sure it'd nice if the suggested PvP solutions to griefing were a reality on this server, but it's a minor complaint in the grand scheme of things. You can usually find Horde players of your level to engage and that's what it's all about.

You want to be a minor Stormtrooper in the Belf Starbucks Empire? (No, you're not Darth Vader, you're the garbage chute repairman...)

Or do you want to be a leading light in the Rebel Alliance (Catering Corp)?

Personally I prefer the underdog.

Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
04/10/2011 23:16Posted by Landis
I've just had to log off early because of a ridiculously OP and very infeminate-looking Belf repeatedly one-shotting me and camping my corpse, but I wouldn't want to change sides and I wouldn't want to roll PvE.

i understand u fully and also in the rest u say... just think of someone new to the game getting it... will they stay on BS?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Hint: level a horde char from lvl 1-85 thru questing (make sure to interact with any opposing faction char u see regardless of faction). then go do the same on allie...

Lol ive been corpse camped by 2 lvl 85's twice in the world for a good amount of time even just while questing a char going thru the lvl 1-60 lvls and i didnt even ask for it...

Its allowed i know and all fair... but IF u want balance... will that work? 90vs10 and over lvled will make ppl stay?

I also got a horde here at lvl 85 and had 0 problems and even ran into more allies... never killed by a "skull" marked... as allie it will happend alot, infact almost everytime u see 1..

this is actually not the main reason why there is an faction imbalance. This is however the reason why the faction imbalance remains for an part.

cause think about it. Why do you think an horde will have np ganking you while an alliance will think twice?

Because horde noes that with the current faction balance they have an higher chance of getting help and if need be eventually outnumber the alliance group completly if need be where as as an alliance you are most likeyl if you do get an horde group ganking you back pretty much on your own.
Edited by Beastdweller on 06/10/2011 14:38 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]