Wrathion the Black Prince

85 Human Warlock
Ok so who is this guy really?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/987113-Wrathion-the-Black-Prince..-who

Uncorrupted Black dragon the one who was in egg you saved in badlands? One who will succeeds his father.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Probably something like that
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
How... did he suddenly age enough to be called a dragon, instead of just a whelp? Shouldn't that have taken a few decades at least?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
How... did he suddenly age enough to be called a dragon, instead of just a whelp? Shouldn't that have taken a few decades at least?

Bronze Dragons? Alchemy? Artifical aging through magic?

WoW is littered withe xamples of dragons having their growth accelerated.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
Not just dragons but orcs aswell.
Reply Quote
82 Tauren Warrior
Wrathion......srsly?

Too much Blizzard, this is just plain trolling.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Everything about him is fine.

Besides the name, of course. Change it, Blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
28/09/2011 21:58Posted by Maliku

Bronze Dragons? Alchemy? Artifical aging through magic?

WoW is littered withe xamples of dragons having their growth accelerated.

Yes, but ... why? That's cutting your time to raise him properly (i.e. giving him some form of education, a moral compass, etc.) ridiculously short. Considering how long dragons live, I mean.

I thought starting over and doing things right, was sort of the idea for this egg.

/confused
Reply Quote
82 Undead Warrior
I really hoped it would be Sabellian, seeing as they're toying a lot with time travel now i'd have prefered it to be Sabellian who was sent back in time to grow up or some crap like that. Anyway, he doesn't look very "uncorrupt" to me, the red eyes don't seem very good or even netural for that matter! And what kind of name is Wrathion? How hard is it to come up with a decent enough name for what will more than likely be a VERY important character? Almost as bad as Go-el....
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Calling the name 'Killiona' for his future mate

How much time has passed since the Badlands, anyway?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Yes, but ... why? That's cutting your time to raise him properly (i.e. giving him some form of education, a moral compass, etc.) ridiculously short. Considering how long dragons live, I mean.

I thought starting over and doing things right, was sort of the idea for this egg.

/confused

Based on the quote from Wrathion himself at the start of the preview, he's not taken too kindly to being raised in the pockets of the other Aspects, and would rather go out into the world and make his own way.

The other Aspects aren't going to be too keen on this, in all probability.

29/09/2011 00:18Posted by Octapulse

About a year.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
29/09/2011 00:18Posted by Octapulse

About a year.

Well, apparently a year is enough for a whelp to advance to the drake stage. I think something like that was suggested in Day of the Dragon. Oh well. Maybe no fancy time tricks happened, then.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Orlly? I though a few decades to advance to Drake state, then after that centuries need to pass to advance to the next stage :O

Ohh, well... Guess I need to update my Dragon lore again :(

They Should've named him something similiar to Neltharian, or something... Not Wrathion, sounds like a bad villian xD
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
Wrathion......srsly?

Too much Blizzard, this is just plain trolling.

Yes because "Deathwing" is a good name LOL!

Reply Quote
82 Undead Warrior

Yeah but he was Originally Neltharion, he only took the name deathwing when he went batsh*t balls to the wall crazy. Wrathion sounds spazztastic. He could have had a name that followed suit with the black dragons.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
29/09/2011 15:21Posted by Joecakebaker

You are aware that's only a name he took after betraying the Dragonflights at War of the Ancients? His real name is Neltharion.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
29/09/2011 15:24Posted by Requiànà
You are aware that's only a name he took after betraying the Dragonflights at War of the Ancients? His real name is Neltharion.

I am aware. Are you aware that Wrathion was named Wrathion by some black dragon?

Im obviously talking about Blizzards creativity when it comes to naming, not the lore reasons.

Example: If Kel'thuzad changed name to Deathskeleton iceboltx it would be okay, because it was only a name he took?

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I am aware. Are you aware that Wrathion was named Wrathion by some black dragon?

Im obviously talking about Blizzards creativity when it comes to naming, not the lore reasons.

Example: If Kel'thuzad changed name to Deathskeleton iceboltx it would be okay, because it was only a name he took?

It seems you're not getting the point.

Deathwing is as much a title as it's a name, it marks what he is. Besides, unlike Deathskeleton Iceboltx, Deathwing rolls off the tongue with relative ease. It works as a name. And Deathskeleton Iceboltx would have the same function as Deathwing. As much title as name.

But this dragon is literally named Wrathion. It's Wrath with a -ion on the end to disguise it as a actual name. And I don't think he was named so by a black dragon, seeing as he shouldn't have interacted with black dragons at all.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
29/09/2011 15:52Posted by Requiànà
And Deathskeleton Iceboltx would have the same function as Deathwing. As much title as name

Youre not argueing very well for your case bro.

Fact is, Blizzard comes up with all names, wether they are the original name of a character or a self acclaimed title.

Deathwing is the bottom of creativity. Its something i would have named my Pidgey in pokemon, when i was 9.
Edited by Joecakebaker on 29/09/2011 15:58 BST
Reply Quote
82 Undead Warrior
29/09/2011 15:56Posted by Joecakebaker
Deathwing is the bottom of creativity.
Yeah but the reasoning behind him being called Deathwing after his decent into madness was because everything that falls under the shadow of his wings die, so i think it suits him quite nicely.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]