Request to combine "no exp" and normal BG brackets!

Hello.

Let me start off by saying, I'm extremely dissapointed about not being able to do bg's with my "no experience gained" characters. Clearly when blizzard 1st implemented such a change they wanted to weed out twinking. But here in lays the problem. I like to twink, no matter what bracket or class. It is fun. I even wouldn't mind playing against other twinks but have been unable to get into a bg with XP turned off due to "unavailable" queue times.

Now I feel forced to leveling my character, and that is not fun for me at all. I raid with my main, do the regular endgame stuff on 2 characters. I do not want to add another 85 to the mix, but I want to stay at certain level and keep doing what I like to do, low level BG.

I'm just wondering if there is any chance in the near future for Blizzard to remove this "locked xp" queue system and allow characters back into the normal queue? Yes, twinks cause some headache for people that are just trying to level via BG's, but isn't this the sort of thing that comes with the territory? When you go to a BG you don't expect to be spoon fed cake and cookies do you? You expect to kill and be killed. So why leave twinks out completely in the cold?

I'm sure I'm not alone with my worries on the matter. All the content and endgame stuff just is starting to feel really stale and I do not enjoy it that much. I still love playing low level bg's and want to keep doing soing without having to level several characters and constantly change to a different bracket.

Your thoughts on the matter and if you support the idea, please let it be known here.

Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid

Now I feel forced to leveling my character

Nobody is forcing you to twink either.
Reply Quote
25/09/2011 17:18Posted by Treebag
Nobody is forcing you to twink either.

Nope, no-one is forcing me to twink, but it is a matter of preference. Would you be content in the fact that blizzard stated you can only play your level 85 character for 5 days before having to level a new one (assuming being 85 is what you enjoy in this game)? I would think not.

Don't see your point assaulting my personal preference while not giving anything usefull to the topic. Also taking partial quotes out of context is a very valid method of trying to diminish my point.
Edited by Rääväsuuäijä on 25/09/2011 17:34 BST
Reply Quote
What I'm trying to accomplish here, is to see if anyone else feels the same way as I do, and if enough people share the same sentiment, then perhaps we can have an impact on the situation. That is all.
Reply Quote
31 Human Warrior
Blizzard wants you to lvl asap to 85, so they got 1 less toon pre85 to think about when it comes to pre85 content.

Its all about 85

This game is nothing before you hit cap lvl....

Now i havent calculated how much of the game lvl1-84 is compared to @ lvl 85... But i guess there is a serious % of this game being neglected..

I mainly just close my eyes and bash my keyboard when lvling now while i count the dings aaaall the way to 85..

:)
Reply Quote
30 Night Elf Druid
I'm just wondering if there is any chance in the near future for Blizzard to remove this "locked xp" queue system and allow characters back into the normal queue? Yes, twinks cause some headache for people that are just trying to level via BG's, but isn't this the sort of thing that comes with the territory?

Sorry mate, you can't twink and be part of the normal queue system. They would have to remove XP from all battlegrounds, and I doubt they will ever revert back to that, especially as many people enjoy leveling through pvp.
Reply Quote
25/09/2011 17:37Posted by Carthage
Sorry mate, you can't twink and be part of the normal queue system. They would have to remove XP from all battlegrounds, and I doubt they will ever revert back to that, especially as many people enjoy leveling through pvp.

I hear what your saying but here I stumble upon something I cannot fathom. Getting experience and leveling via BG is a good feature, I wouldn't want to see it removed. However the part what I do not comprehend is people joining into BG's and then thinking it is some sort of personal attack on them when someone kills them in the said battleground. Like I mentioned earlier, I don't join a BG and be expected to get cake and cookies, I expect to die and dish some death out aswell. Comes with the territory of leveling via battlegrounds. So why stop other people from playing their characters and forcing them to either wait infinitely in a queue where there is no-one to play with or level your character further when this is not the thing you aspire for when you created it in the 1st place.
Edited by Rääväsuuäijä on 25/09/2011 17:48 BST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Considering that heirlooms are currently worse than Twinks ever were I'm all for twinks being re-entered back into the queues.

For

- Lower queue times all around
- Heirloom Heroes will finally have fewer targets to one shot.
- There isn't #0-#9 brackets anymore, most of the reason PvP was bad was due to low levels joining against Red/higher levels creating a huge divide between what a team can do and what a team will end up doing.

Against

- We'll be making the BG's more about who has the most twinks and heirloomers, than who has the best players (Like it is now, only a step worse)
- 14, 19, 29, 39, 49, 59 and 64 brackets will be worse for anyone who doesn't have the gear. But I guess that's no different than 85 where one team has Ruthless players and the others have Greenie players.
Reply Quote
I'm kinda surprised with so little answers to the topic. Maybe it is not something people are interested in, or maybe it just didn't catch anyone's eye.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
And what? Go back to the ol' days where the lower battlegrounds belonged to the twinks? No thanks. What leveling battlegrounds need is a sort of stat buff for new players who don't have access to heirlooms yet.
Low level pvp is imbalanced enough, last thing it needs is some ego stroking cretins making it even worse.
Reply Quote
66 Night Elf Death Knight
Sorry won't happen in old days BGs que were 6-10mins just cuz none wanted to enter and get farmed and when you did enter thos elite twinking jerks saying to get out of BG just cuz ppl were normaly geared.
I mostly have bad experiance with twinks, they used to chase that one lvl 10 mage in greens/grey iteams all over the damn WSG just for fast scores than saying i'm top at kills!!!!
Was really funny seeing twinks just passing each other and went for normal geared first lol.
Ofc they said they twink cuz they want to be able to kill other twinks, right....well now your wish came true, you have your own BGs and can only fight other twinks.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Hunter
There is no issue now with twinks being re-introduced to normal low level BGs, even if their XP is lowered.

I play low level BGs now, as I cant raid, cos my girlfriend and I had our own little lvl 1 hordie not long ago. I have every heirloom you can get, PVE and PVP ones, for all Chars. A fully heirloomed out player can have 9 heirlooms, or at least 7 heirlooms, meaning they just need bracers, gloves, pants and boots. If you enchant the bracers with +9 stam, the boots with +7 stam...then your char will have approx 1K hps at level 10 bracket.

With a wee bit of effort and help (locking your xp and getting a guildy to run you through Deadmines or Wailing Caverns, for blue level gear, you can even have 1500 xp at lvl 10-14.

Also, the Southshore Inn in Old Hillsbrad Instance, in the Caverns of time, sells Rumsy Rum for 2silver each...so you can send your main in here and thats another 150 hps which is easy to get.

So heirloomed chars are easily hitting 1200-1600 hps in the lowest BG group. This is no different to Twinks, and the performance is no different either.

Sure, some more non-twinked or no hairloomed chars might get owned, but they are already and Bliz is not doing anything about it.

Anyway, this game is now 6 years old....no new players are buying wow and decide to start pvping with gray pick up items and 150 hps. This is a myth too!!!

I say there is no issue letting twinks play normal BGs.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I guess most twink players either leveled to 85 or quit that character when they were split from the others. Seeing heirlooms are the thing to complain about these days there's really no reason you couldn't be let back in. Or the heirlooms be dumped with you?
Reply Quote
19 Blood Elf Paladin
May i ask which bracket you are trying to twink in?

Even so (being a twink myself) level 19s are 80% of the time more competetive than 85s. Combining levelers with "Real Twinks" not just heirloomed scrubs would be a terrible idea, Im actually glad blizz divided twinks and levelers.

honestly pwning levelers got boring fast and im not actually sure what your intentions are with twinks, i mean your coming across like you want to faceroll scrubs all day but sadly that isnt what twinking is about anymore. Is about getting the best gear possible and WINNING games since you gain more honor from winning and 19s have a respectable community.

Ask any real twink in the 19s bracket and they will tell you its all about Flag caps (you know the way WSG is actually ment to be played), YOU will get flamed/spat on if you gy camp or mid farm.

Anyway if you wish to learn more about twinking, visit Twinkinfo.com. It has everythink you need to know about twinking. (P.S no more hunters or rogues thanks)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
25/09/2011 18:49Posted by Rääväsuuäijä
I'm kinda surprised with so little answers to the topic. Maybe it is not something people are interested in

Pretty much this

But as the paladin above me stated:

you('re) coming across like you want to faceroll scrubs all day

so, here's my advice:
1 Make a fat think
2 When you are very good geared, unlock your exp
3 Get 1-2 healer friends (1 disc priest is nice due to their shields)
4 Queue for normal WSG
5 Get the flag, never cap it
6 Kill levelers until the battle ends
Repeat 3-6 and you'll be indeed able to "faceroll scrubs all day"

Then again, literally exterminating levelers who can't fight back gets old really fast

Edit: Spelling
Edited by Adelaide on 28/09/2011 04:11 BST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
If u enjoy competition as much as u say why don't pimp out with pvp gear one of those 2 end game characters u play at 85 and spam bgs at 85 . It's pretty much the same case with the twinks with all those undergeared ppl and bots that farm honor trying to get some items .
This way u get daily dosage of noob powning + the competitive aspect of the game when u meet some other skilled+geared guy in the opposing team and the leveling community can enjoy their pvp .
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
What leveling battlegrounds need is a sort of stat buff for new players who don't have access to heirlooms yet.

Making the heirlooms people spent honour on pretty much normal and as such a waste of aforemetioned honour?
Edited by Surasa on 28/09/2011 08:39 BST
Reply Quote
19 Blood Elf Paladin
What most people dont realise is playing end game pvp, is in essence the same as twinking.

E.g get the best gear/enchants possible, pwn undergeared players etc.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
What most people dont realise is playing end game pvp, is in essence the same as twinking.

E.g get the best gear/enchants possible, pwn undergeared players etc.

Bull!@#$. First of all, you don't play with half of your skillbar empty, second the PVP is more balanced there. So don't try to make it look like it's the same thing cause it's not. Twinking has ALWAYS been about ego-stroking noob killing. I've been around, you know? And when twinking was at it's best, when twinks insisted they only twink so they can fight other twinks, it was all bull%^-*, staying away from other twinks and chasing noobs was kind of a priority.

So yeah, it's not like the endgame, it was a bad joke played on people who weren't amused. Now it's gone. Thank Blizz for that. So stow the requests, twinks are in this situation only thanks to their lying.
Reply Quote
It's nice that you want to be able to que for the normal bg brackets, but I'd much rather have twinks and players with looms to play in a seperate bg from the normal players.

You can argue that twinks essencially just want to compete with each other, but from what I gather and from what I've personally experienced, twinks just want to hunt down and oneshot lesser geared people.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]