[Feedback] Transmogrification and weapon enchants

90 Human Warlock
When you Transmogrify a weapon the glow effect displayed is the enchant on the main weapon (the one you fight with). I see this as a problem.

There is little point in using Transmogrification if you cannot hide or alter the enchantment glow because they are simply too obtrusive. Enchantments like Landslide and Power Torrent especialy completely obscure the entire weapon, making any attempts at customization of the weapons meaningless. All you see regardless of what weapon you have is a huge, over-the-top glow.

Aside from obscuring the weapon model, many weapons just do not look right at all with certain enchantments on them. It seems wrong to offer such a large amount of item customization then deny us from being able to change the one thing that stands out more than anything else.

I have to suggest either adding the ability to hide enchant glows or allow the Transmogrification source weapon to overwrite enchants on the target main weapon.

As it is at the moment the Transmogrification of weapons is not the customization it's purported to be.
Edited by Archaos on 29/09/2011 17:26 BST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I completely agree on this point! Its essential that "Hide weapon enchant" gets shown in the list of things you can hide, cloak and helm atm.

Why not add enchants to transmog service, so the enchant of the target weapon will display. I cant believe anyone would actually like to display their power torrent or landslide (sorry blizzard) you still make good enchant skins, just a little too colorful in my opinion. The ones you did in the past was completely awesome - burning crusade and classic.

I am also suggesting this, since reimplementing certain things into transmogrification might bring more players back out in the world, to farm stuff - like enchanting formulas.
Edited by Greenwize on 16/11/2011 16:25 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Yes, please do. I would kill for some nice looking daggers that don't look like yellow glowies. I'm a rogue, not Luke Skywalker. I don't want to duel wield light sabers. I like landslide and power torrent. Beautiful enchants. When I first got landslide, I was like "OH GODS LOOK LANDSLIDE LOOK GOLDEN GLOW OH IT'S SO HEAVENLY."

Yeah, that went away a whiiilleee ago. The fact that you don't get to see the model of the weapons just.. really sucks. Please don't undo your own art, blizz. Give us a chance to tone it down a little, or at least transmog it away. :(
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
dont have this issue as a DK

^-^

i know all role a dk

problem solved
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Death Knight
Agree with the OP. Stuff like Power Torrent or Landslide absolutely ruin the looks of most weapons. Petition to add an option to hide enchants !
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Must agree too. Some weapons have their own glow or effect without enchants, but colours such as power torrent completely hide them. I've been resorting to use a plain staff with power torrent atm because normal Spire of scrlet pain with enchant just looks too unusual.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
There's some weapons with own glow that don't take over the new enchant it seems. *points to my saber*
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I approve of this post!
Reply Quote
5 Gnome Mage
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/2136/wowscrnshot122311061007.jpg

yes.. definetly
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
At first, blizzard stated the source weapon enchant effect would show.. I don't at all understand why they changed their mind, it would have been awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I agree with this post, and to add, enchants such as landslide, the overwhelming clutter of "earth" particle-trail behind you when you are flying is quite annoying, since its quite a long trail it makes and really clutters your screen. And aside of transmogfication, i'd like the hide option as a general option, not just for transmog. because there are also 4.3 weapons that look pretty neat that don't need transmog, and get obscured with the enchant effects. That's a shame as they've done their best to make them look awesome, and then hide it again with an enchant effect.
So i vote for it as a General option, not only merily for transmog.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Blizzard, PLEASE allow us to hide enchant glows! They have gotten way out of hand.

As a huge worgen rogue, I can just barely see my stage 1 FoF daggers under the highly obnoxious landslide enchants, gnome rogues looks like they are holding glowing balls. And they sure contribute an awful lot to global warming with all the earthsmoke trails after them, that I find so obnoxious that Ive taken to pretty much permanently fly in Sandstone drake form because enchants doesnt show in it.
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Hunter
Agreed. Just farmed a kick-butt black and white transmog set, looked AMAZING in preview... transmog complete, ruined by nasty green fart glowy on my staff :(
I'd settle even for being able to choose from a range of effects instead, but the option to turn it off entirely I suspect would be easier to implement (and probably result in less "why is there not a pink sparkly glowy option, do you have something against pink?")
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I completely agree on this point! Its essential that "Hide weapon enchant" gets shown in the list of things you can hide, cloak and helm atm.

Why not add enchants to transmog service, so the enchant of the target weapon will display. I cant believe anyone would actually like to display their power torrent or landslide (sorry blizzard) you still make good enchant skins, just a little too colorful in my opinion. The ones you did in the past was completely awesome - burning crusade and classic.

I am also suggesting this, since reimplementing certain things into transmogrification might bring more players back out in the world, to farm stuff - like enchanting formulas.

This. The TBC Moongoose enchant was just awsome. I cant anything about blizz programming stuff but it cant be that hard to sort something out that allows ppl to change enchant skin.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
BIG BUMP, Blizz you did have a great idea but this needs to be fixed, its ruining lots of weapon transmogrification out there = please!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
bump, an On/ Off option for showing enchants' glow plx!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
It wouldn't even be that bad is Cata enchants didn't look horrible.
/support
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
It wouldn't even be that bad if Cata enchants didn't look horrible.
/support
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
I would pay to have them disabled, they really ruin the looks of any weapon making it almost pointless to transmogrify a weapom because it looks cool. :(
Reply Quote
90 Orc Mage
I have made two topics about this already, I would be so happy if they added this.
The point of transmogging weapons disappear when they are completely overshadowed by the power torrent enchant (it's one of the worst ones) Let's have the option to hide enchants from the interface menu, have the transmogged weapon "overwrite" the looks completely including enchants, or give the enchanter the option to enchant a weapon without the glow.
The days of +2 Beastslaying are over, we don't want to have our weapons be hidden by enchants http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/7741/wowscrnshot112611164147.jpg
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]