How I've lost 11100 Gold.

85 Human Hunter
I tried to use the neutral auction house at Booty Bay. Sent there an alliance char lvl1 from another account (my brother) to leave an item for the price of 11100 gold. Then came with the Horde character and bought the stuff. BUT no money came. Moreover anything else I try send to this character via mail is not received too!!!

Hm, what is the problem I wonder? If you have any ideas, please!

Anyway .. 11100 gold savings lost forever. Screw this.

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Relog your Alliance character and see what's going on.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Did so many times. Nothin'.

I wonder if it may be related that my bro has all his characters on the russian servers. But nevertheless, this char was made for the exact purpose in Outlands so should have done the trick.

A big MEH.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Since it's a different account, I suppose you have to wait an hour to get the money.
Reply Quote
Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, its not my intention.
But all mails from auctioning between horde and alliance in the booty bay auction house takes about 50 minutes.
So you have to wait about 50 minutes to receive the mail with the included gold.

And you said that your brother's characters are on russian server and you are not ?
Then I'm afraid you must create a Horde character on the same russian server to retreive the gold.
Edited by Jalyra on 13/10/2011 01:08 BST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Who bought the item? I'm not sure if the 1 hour wait applies to the neutral AH, but the seller should be able to see the winner of the auction and how much the auction sold for within this one hour on the auction house.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
The 1 hour wait still applies.
Reply Quote
Did so many times. Nothin'.

I wonder if it may be related that my bro has all his characters on the russian servers. But nevertheless, this char was made for the exact purpose in Outlands so should have done the trick.

A big MEH.

The first part where you say that your bro's chars are on russian servers indicates to me that your chars are not ? sorry if I'm wrong here.

I suppose it only works if your alliance and horde characters are on the same server ?
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Oh, so it's not lost.
Sweet news. ^^
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Will wait a bit and see.
Ty all.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Open a ticket?

Give the time and date, the items sold and how much for.

A GM will check the logs and see what happened.
Reply Quote
Customer Service
13/10/2011 01:10Posted by Krisandra
The 1 hour wait still applies.

Correct, and it seems like it's been sorted. :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Also remember that those damn goblins charge an outrageous amount of AH fee. Of the 11100 gold you will only receive 9435 gold due to their 15% fee. Its how I lost 24942g transferring my gold to alliance from horde : /
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Do they really do that Voisin???
Reply Quote
13/10/2011 17:29Posted by Jeehaa
Do they really do that Voisin???

Yup, goblins are mean!
http://www.wowpedia.org/Auction_House#Fees
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]