Max Camera Distance?

85 Tauren Druid
Right, in Wotlk i had a working macro that increased the maximum camera zoom beyond that provided by the in game options. Since cataclysm none of the macros i have tried seem to make any difference. I have tried /console SetCVar("cameraDistanceMax", 25), /console cameradistancemax 30 and /console cameradistancemaxfactor 3.

The annoying thing for me is that, on the many forums i have read, variations of these commands are provided and seem to work for everyone. I know this isn't an addon issue as i have tried it with all my addons disabled. I have also tried addons such as CameraPlus which claim to increase maximum zoom (among other things) by increasing distancemax to 25 and distancemaxfactor to 3. This doesn't work either.

Am i not meant to be able to increase it? Or have the commands changed recently? A quick look at today's "Screenshot of the day" on the facebook page shows someone waaay zoomed out.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150338189474034
Explain that?
Many thanks in advance.
Salty
Edited by Saltybiscuit on 06/10/2011 01:34 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Hey I had the same problem no macro would work for me but the addon cameraplus that I downloaded via curse let me zoom out (3) and because I didn't really want the addon I disabled it and my camera distance is still set at 3 hope this helps.Lee
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
06/10/2011 06:34Posted by Leeping
Hey I had the same problem no macro would work for me but the addon cameraplus that I downloaded via curse let me zoom out (3) and because I didn't really want the addon I disabled it and my camera distance is still set at 3 hope this helps.Lee

Yeah i tried CameraPlus but it made no difference, i played around with both sliders and neither had any effect :/
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Bumpy mc bump bump :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
i am by no means trying to day you dont know what your doing lol but when you move the sliders to the max do you scroll out after?? i know how silly that sounds but i was silly enuf to do it the first few times lol
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
haha unfortunately i did, sucks to be me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Try this one, unless it's one of the ones you've already tried:

/script SetCVar("cameraDistanceMax",50)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Try this one, unless it's one of the ones you've already tried:

/script SetCVar("cameraDistanceMax",50)

No luck :/
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
ahh sorry good luck with the rest of your search for greater camera distances :P
Reply Quote
79 Night Elf Priest
Mine are

/console SET cameraDistanceMax "50"
/console SET cameraDistanceMaxFactor "2"
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Ok think i'm getting closer. Any commands with /console do not work for me. I jsut tried /console autoClearAFK which sets afk to automatically clear upon movement. Typed the command, then went /afk and moved - nothing. It stayed set to afk. Therefore /console commands do not work for me at all. Anyone else having this issue?

EDIT: /console reloadui works but the above still doesn't - it seems some work for me and some do not.
Edited by Saltybiscuit on 07/10/2011 17:07 BST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I enabled the in game console and fiddled with
SET cameraDistanceMax "<value>"
and
SET cameraDistanceMaxFactor "<value>"
in there. I'm in a bit of a pickle now as i can no longer zoom in or out with the scroll wheel. And yes, i have checked my keybindings - they are fine. Thing is, i can use "home" and "end" to scroll through the presets. Once i do that i can once again scroll in using the downwards scroll on the mouse wheel, but then as soon as i try to scroll up it jumps to first person and i'm back in the situation where i can only move the camera through home and end.

Blue please :)

EDIT: This issue is affecting ALL CHARACTERS across ALL REALMS.
EDIT: Fixed it never mind, but the console commands still do not work.
EDIT: I'm in config-cache.wtf for my account and it has the line
SET cameraDistanceMaxFactor "2"
but it does not have the line
SET cameraDistanceMax "50"
And every time i try to place the line
SET cameraDistanceMax "50"
Into config, save it and load up wow, as soon as i log in it gets deleted from config-cache.wtf. Still affecting all characters.
Edited by Saltybiscuit on 07/10/2011 18:33 BST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Apologies, it's all fixed now, turns out the maximum is
/console SET cameraDistanceMax "50"
Which sucks :/ Guess they dropped it, i'm sure in wotlk you could zoom by a ton more.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
How to Zoom Out really far:

choose one of these 3 options. Personally I went with option3

1) type a macro every time you log on
/console CameraDistanceMaxFactor 4

2) download an addon
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/cameradistancemaxfactor.aspx

3) change the config file on your wow folder
C:\WoW\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ACCOUNTNAME\config-cache
-scroll down to
SET cameraDistanceMax "X"
SET cameraDistanceMaxFactor "Y"

X * Y is how far you can zoom out. I've got x as 50 and y as 1 myself. Which means I can zoom out 50 yards.

edit: I think you are right. I can't seem to zoom out further than 50 yards either. Oh well, it is far enough for me
Edited by Cricket on 10/10/2011 02:38 BST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
1) type a macro every time you log on
/console CameraDistanceMaxFactor 4
There's no need to run the macro every time you log on. Running that macro leads to the same result as 3) once you exit the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]