Horseman, needs an adjustment?

1 Orc Warrior
Greetings.

Currently, I've spotted an issue with the Hallow's End event, one that is namely about the horseman, often visitting low-level towns of Brill, Goldshire and such.

The Horseman has a conflagration attack dealing 4670 ish damage, instant attack.

This may be a small deal for any high level character, but it is utterly devastating for any low level character, and the damage is simply exceedingly, or rather; overwhelmingly high for a zone where mobs normally do not hit for more than 80.

For many characters below level 60, this damage is extremely hard to handle, very often unheal-able as you are given little chance to react because... well, it kills you in one hit.

A way to balance the horseman would be to either reduce the damage of his attack to fit the appropriate level of the zone 1-12, or make it % damage wise, so that it is equally damage to all levels(from 1-85).

At the moment, his current ability is out of proportion and control, as well very unfair given the level of the zone.
Edited by Garbag on 18/10/2011 22:58 BST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
One perk of being high level.
How often does he hit you anyway? And isnt the graveyard just around the corner?

Why would you want this game to be even more pink and fluffy...
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
One perk of being high level.
How often does he hit you anyway? And isnt the graveyard just around the corner?

Why would you want this game to be even more pink and fluffy...

I don't mind if he did 100% damage to any level.

But the fact he only onehits those beneath level 60 is unfair, given that the zone is after all designed for level 1-12s, you'd expect them to struggle with him, but not get oneshot.
Edited by Garbag on 18/10/2011 23:30 BST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
Just die, respawn and move on.

People these days, can't handle one death in dungeons. They wipe ones and RQ. This whole game has fallen apart because of people being so extremly sensetive.

"That player looked at me, I better report him for sexual abuse!"

GG WP NO RE!

Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
to level before this event to level 15 was about 30 minutes.
Now it's 15 minutes PLUS 30 seconds of corpse running. Outrageous!

I demand my money back!!`!11`EINZ11!!!

Sheesh. Try and see the fun in the even instead of relating it to your extremely narrow view of how the game should be played.

Googlekids, loving their pre-chewed food.

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Better yet ask blizzard to gave us everything from start that way people dont have make post about how hard everything is and that go for all achievements point is with Horseman is that thing is a achievements and honest i did 3 time yesterday not one time did i see low lvl player get kill from him so my question is where do OP stand to get hit by him for he cast fireball on house not ground.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
No sir, you need adjustement.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Call of Duty is over in the 'console whiners' section of the internet. Bye.
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Paladin
18/10/2011 22:56Posted by Garbag
This may be a small deal for any high level character, but it is utterly devastating for any low level character, and the damage is simply exceedingly, or rather; overwhelmingly high for a zone where mobs normally do not hit for more than 80.

good, it's fun. Stop being a crybaby about it.

Reply Quote
- WoW, StarCraft II
85 Worgen Druid
Nice outfit Brunnhildâ. :)

Anyway, to be on topic, on most realms there are at least one (if not many) level 85 players there in Goldshire and Brill doing the quests that are required of them. So this would rarely have an adverse effect on low level characters.

And besides, if it did, they can resurrect themselves quite easily and carry on with what they are doing. The headless horseman isn't there all the time.

Sometimes its nice to have a bit of a random kick from a world event in this manner. It makes the game feel alive. :)
Edited by Danellos on 19/10/2011 11:49 BST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I want to see him one shot everybody! would make the event a whole lot harder if someone died every 30 seconds or however often he hits peeps. Would stop 5 people trying to do it if they all kept dieing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
19/10/2011 11:39Posted by Brunnhildâ

good, it's fun. Stop being a crybaby about it.

It might not be fun for new players, 30 minutes into their gaming experience they get to their first town and bam instantly killed in 1 hit repeatedly by a headless knight flying around.

Not the best introduction to the game nor the best way to keep those new subscriptions.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
A new player walks into goldshire and finds that the town is under attack by a headless knight. The town is in great peril and just as the horseman flings his firey fury at the player

30 damage.

As a new player that would make me lol.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
It might not be fun for new players, 30 minutes into their gaming experience they get to their first town and bam instantly killed in 1 hit repeatedly by a headless knight flying around.

Not the best introduction to the game nor the best way to keep those new subscriptions.

And from then on, that new player would have permanently scarred into their brain that FIRE IS BAD.

I call that mission !@#$ing complete.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

And from then on, that new player would have permanently scarred into their brain that FIRE IS BAD.

I call that mission !@#$ing complete.

Ah now that is a good point I hadn't thought of, either they'll quit or they'll learn to not stand in the fire, win win I suppose =P

A new player walks into goldshire and finds that the town is under attack by a headless knight. The town is in great peril and just as the horseman flings his firey fury at the player

30 damage.

As a new player that would make me lol.

True but what if they made the non dungeon version do say 85% of your health instead of a fixed 5k so lowbies would at least have a chance to heal or run away or whatever and still get a sense of oh crap he's bad !@# almost had me in 1 hit.
Edited by Fleta on 19/10/2011 12:30 BST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Horseless headless horseman should be more dangerous :(
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
Just die, respawn and move on.

People these days, can't handle one death in dungeons. They wipe ones and RQ. This whole game has fallen apart because of people being so extremly sensetive.

"That player looked at me, I better report him for sexual abuse!"

GG WP NO RE!

This.

To OP, please go play tellytubbies or something of that sort, this game has become a joke for the casuals, i remember the ghoul event, was some of the best memories i have in the game.

These threads really get to me, i have to log in just to post a reply yo this because they are irretating.

Why not make it impossible to be touched in the game at all, and the only place you can die is in instances, bet that would make you sleep better at night, please really go play another game im begging you.
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Paladin

Refer to the posts made by Danellos, Gidwin and Flyk. I agree with all their posts about why it's a good thing and as to what I think you are wrong....again...
Reply Quote
88 Gnome Warrior
I do agree that it's kind of ridiculous (not a biggie though).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
This happened to one of my other characters at low level. I found it quite funny personally, I just laughed and forgot about it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]