What happens if you do not pay?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I couldn't find this in the ToS. What exactly happens if you stop paying the annual pass?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Exactly , i dont mean to stop paying i just meant in my other post that sometimes can happened unfortune payment delays so what gonna happened then ?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
I'd assume everything would be taken off you, although I'm not 100% sure. It says that you must pay through those 12 months in the contract.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Yes im not talking about not paying im talking about delay in payment..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
What I mean is. This is a contract. If i paid for 2 months and then quit for 10. Does that mean I am in debt to Blizzard for £89.90 and I would be legally bound to pay that debt?

There seems to be many people who think that if you don't pay for a month then it's fine, but I am under the impression that actually if you don't pay for a month you are in debt. I'd like some clarity on this.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
22/10/2011 01:26Posted by Cerevisiam
From my understanding, you pay the total upfront.

No you don't. You just agree that you'll pay for the next 12 months. You keep the same sub you are already on. Whether its paying every 1 month, 3 months or 6 months.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
22/10/2011 01:28Posted by Ishau

No you don't. You just agree that you'll pay for the next 12 months. You keep the same sub you are already on. Whether its paying every 1 month, 3 months or 6 months.

Yep, you are right, I was going to delete my post, but you beat me to it by correcting me :p
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
22/10/2011 01:26Posted by Poupi
Yes im not talking about not paying im talking about delay in payment..

I think that would still class as not paying, unless you contact customer service first.

22/10/2011 01:26Posted by Cerevisiam

Nope, you can pay any way you want to.

What I mean is. This is a contract. If i paid for 2 months and then quit for 10. Does that mean I am in debt to Blizzard for £89.90 and I would be legally bound to pay that debt?

There seems to be many people who think that if you don't pay for a month then it's fine, but I am under the impression that actually if you don't pay for a month you are in debt. I'd like some clarity on this.

You agree to 12 months with them, so whichever card you use to subscribe with will be charged for 12 months. If they can't charge you, I'd assume they'd just take the diablo 3 and mount away.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Anyway, risking being wrong again..

Since Diablo 3 requires an online connection at all times to play, if you didn't keep your side of the contract I suppose they could take your mount away from your account and they could remove your Diablo 3 access.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
22/10/2011 01:30Posted by Ríck
You agree to 12 months with them, so whichever card you use to subscribe with will be charged for 12 months. If they can't charge you, I'd assume they'd just take the diablo 3 and mount away.

But thats just the thing isn't it. Say I am in a contract for my phone provider. A 12 month contract. I use the phone for 2 months and then don't use it at all for 10. Even though I stopped using it, I am still bound by that contract to pay all the money off. They cut my phone service yes, but I still have to pay.

I am assuming this would become the same for WoW. Sure you would also lose the stuff by gained, but as a contract (which didn't really say this) you are still bound to pay the money. It isn't just loosing stuff, you still have to pay it regardless. You would become in debt to this company. What I want Blizzard to make extremely clear is what happens if you do not pay.
I do not buy this "meh, we'll just take away the freebies" thing people keep saying.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You do know it's all in that small text you're supposed to read, right?

If your World of Warcraft subscription lapses during the Twelve Month Commitment, or if you fail to make any required payments or timely payments, Blizzard may, in its sole discretion, terminate your participation in this offer, including, without limitation, a termination of your license to play Diablo III.

tl;dr; if you fail to make a payment, you will be ineligible for the offer.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Yes you are right and exactly thing im worrying now.Also im really start worrying what gonna happened if at the end of the story Blizzard decide to charge fee for diablo 3. Then im clearly screwed because i have to chosse wich game i can pay for , i cant afford to pay 2 monthly fees for 3 accaunts (i pay for my sons and mine). And i really wondering what gonna happened if i just delay to pay .
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

If your World of Warcraft subscription lapses during the Twelve Month Commitment, or if you fail to make any required payments or timely payments, Blizzard may, in its sole discretion, terminate your participation in this offer, including, without limitation, a termination of your license to play Diablo III.

I read that, but nowhere does it say that I have to fully pay that money off. In most contracts you have too, which is why I want clarity with this.
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Warlock

It states in the T+C's what happens. If you don't pay a payment during the 12 month (ie don't pay in March next year) then Blizz CAN say the contract has been broken and ban you from Diablo 3 on your Battlenet account permanently. Doesn't say they will, says they can.

Guessing they could also remove mount and any beta access. There is nothing in T+Cs to say that you owe them the remaining money though.

And yes you keep paying the same way you are currently paying.

Also the T+Cs say that the payment you have already made (if current) counts, so if you sign up now, the payment that covers today is Payment 1, so you only need to make 11 more payments to fully fulfill the contract.

Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
22/10/2011 01:40Posted by Poupi
Yes you are right and exactly thing im worrying now.Also im really start worrying what gonna happened if at the end of the story Blizzard decide to charge fee for diablo 3. Then im clearly screwed because i have to chosse wich game i can pay for , i cant afford to pay 2 monthly fees for 3 accaunts (i pay for my sons and mine). And i really wondering what gonna happened if i just delay to pay .

If you delay to pay, then Diablo 3 will just be taken away from you, but if you keep paying you'll keep Diablo 3. They can't charge you for it once you've agreed to the contract, since it states you'll get a free license to it.

Exactly what I thought, I don't think they'd charge you if they couldn't take the money, they'd just take the things back.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
And what gonna happened if i just delay one day ???? they gonna cancel my diablo ?? And was its confirmed that diablo will be free to play or its can appear at some point that we will be paying a monthly fee and for diablo ?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
22/10/2011 01:41Posted by Ishau
I read that, but nowhere does it say that I have to fully pay that money off. In most contracts you have too, which is why I want clarity with this.

Elbegast pretty much nailed it above. I certainly can't find any text which states that you're absolutely liable to pay the full amount.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Well just talked to GM, He said if payment a bit delayed my diablo accaunt will be taken off my battlenet accaunt. its unbelievable, there are unfortunate situations sometimes , but they will take ur accaunt off ur battlenet .Means i can loose my accaunt i played for lets say few month just because of 1 hour delay were isnt my fault . And if u pay u may need to start all over again.Shocked.
Edited by Poupi on 22/10/2011 02:15 BST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The term "annual pass" suggests that it's an up-front one-time payment, which I must assume it is. So, you pay and then you play for a year. The way to not pay is to not buy it and by not buying it you don't get it.

Maybe I've misunderstood you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]