people leaving wow

90 Orc Hunter
i can understand why loads of people hate Mists of Pandaria ive just seen the video of it and it looks so childish . I hate the idea of playable pandas, I just dont think I can ever take them seriously after watching Kung Fu Panda. I mean the Gnomes are a joke but at least they have the decency to be small enough to ignore

btw iam no leaving kkbye
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
i still can't understand how people can say this xpac is awful or something like that, without even having tried it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
24/10/2011 12:46Posted by Korinna
i still can't understand how people can say this xpac is awful or something like that, without even having tried it.

It's the idea behind it, but never mind, once you're geared up you will never see the character under it all anyway.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
so judging a book by the cover is a good thing to do ? I really don't think so.
just because the setting is really different from those we've seen until now, it doesn't mean the game is bad.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Hey OP, do you like posting multiple posts on multiple chars? Well the forum rules do not, so please don't make more topics, on the same subject. Trolling and spamming you know.
Edited by Xiza on 24/10/2011 13:03 BST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
korinna some people are genuinly smart enough to know when they see something they don't like.

a book blurb is small usually a couple of paragraphs, blizz were kind enough to give us alot more than that so yes it is easy to make a more informed decision.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
24/10/2011 12:53Posted by Korinna

Nobody is judging anything we just dont like it, u wont start reading a book about Winnie-the-pooh at age 18+
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
everbody can have its own opinion, that's obvious, what I'm saying is that the "cover" of MoP (in this case) is something that has small to nothing to do with how game mechanics and content will be... I mean, if you don't like all the features they announced, that's ok, but just saying a big no-no because of pandas, that's what I think is not correct.

but hey, everybody has its own mind and it's good, that's why forums exist :)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
24/10/2011 12:59Posted by Dzsóni

Nobody is judging anything we just dont like it, u wont start reading a book about Winnie-the-pooh at age 18+

If you think that an 18 year old is an adult and that adults do not like childish stuff, then that rules you out as being an adult.

An adult person wouldn't mind something that is seen as childish, they also do not come on a forum to express that feeling with loads of posts and topics without any reasoning behind why they dislike something. Adult people do mature stuff, and make mature reasoning behind why they like or dislike something, they do not do childish whining without even 1 bit of constructive feedback.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a_5YtoM8hc

wait.. I thought pandas were cute and childish?

Also, for the OPs benefit I'll repeat what I've said in other threads.

So OP, you cannot take something seriously because of a movie aimed at children? Then should you walk up to a lion cub in the wild and give a big ol cuddle because of a well known disney film that portrayed many lions as "cute and cuddly". Should you also swim up to a starving shark with a cut in your leg thinking it's ok to do so, since sharks must be not violent due to that well known animated film involving a family of fish and other sea creatures. Hence your logic is flawed if you think pandas are childish based on a disney cartoon.

Also, Kung Fu is an aincient and brutal art form. There have been many 18+ rated gore fests produced focused heavily around Kung Fu. If comparing to films, I'd prefer to focus around the latter.
Edited by Liviá on 24/10/2011 13:18 BST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
can i have your stuff
Reply Quote
73 Night Elf Rogue
24/10/2011 12:59Posted by Dzsóni

Yeah ppl do that, since we know very little about MoP.
I was in book store, geting new book and too many books have fancy covers...and than i saw this book with green cover and one tank on it and a name four tank men and a dog by Janusz Przymanowski.
Ok i bought it...
Damn its a great book to read even tho it dosn't have great cover like some of my other books.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
just because the setting is really different from those we've seen until now, it doesn't mean the game is bad.

It was by judging Warcraft by it's cover that I started playing the first warcraft game.

The problem with this expansion is that it looks too much to a joke with the april's fools pandas that blizzard said would never be in the game because it was a joke and the killer bunnies.
It really doesnt feel like the right time for a joke right after the cataclysm fiasco.

Blizzard should have focused on a better setting for the expansion. Emerald Dream is waiting, we could also go deeper into Goblin territory.

Heck, if Blizzard wants a Alliance vs Horde battle, they could just do that on the Goblin expansion. They are always interested in profiting so they could attack both factions and make it look like it was the other one's fault. In the end we'd find out that it was the Goblin's who did all the attacking and we'd go kill their leader.

Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
having big speaking cows that look like rotten cheese in enlightend plate armor is not childish ? are you joking ?
Reply Quote
73 Night Elf Rogue
24/10/2011 13:23Posted by Relmatos
april's fools pandas that blizzard said would never be in the game

I can't see where did blizz said they would never be in game?

Yes they did start as april's fools joke, but ppl playing warcraft were amazed by Pandaren very much and blizz started to write lore for them.
Even in blizzcon they said they had plans to add pandaren in TBC as alliance race.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
[quote]Blizzard should have focused on a better setting for the expansion. Emerald Dream is waiting, we could also go deeper into Goblin territory.

Heck, if Blizzard wants a Alliance vs Horde battle, they could just do that on the Goblin expansion. They are always interested in profiting so they could attack both factions and make it look like it was the other one's fault. In the end we'd find out that it was the Goblin's who did all the attacking and we'd go kill their leader.

You REALLY wanted an Emeral Dream expansion, that is ANOTHER expansion set on the exact same continents of Azeroth just without human (or other races) intervention? Please, no, at least not just after Cataclysm.
The Goblin expansion... well, I'd like a "south sea" expansion as well, with pirates and so on, but to be honest I'm happy they did something totally different from the old expansions.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

I can't see where did blizz said they would never be in game?

Several times in the past when people kept asking for Pandaren.

Even in blizzcon they said they had plans to add pandaren in TBC as alliance race.

Of course they did.

They like backing up their decisions with details that help them be accepted in the game. Doesnt mean it is true though.

And even if it is true, they decided not to and instead went for Draenei. People still complain about the addition of Draenei because it feels so farfetched. So, they had Pandas on their mind, thought it was just too farfetched, dialed it down a notch and went with Draenei.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
24/10/2011 12:25Posted by Celticbhoys
i can understand why loads of people hate Mists of Pandaria ive just seen the video of it and it looks so childish . I hate the idea of playable pandas, I just dont think I can ever take them seriously after watching Kung Fu Panda. I mean the Gnomes are a joke but at least they have the decency to be small enough to ignore

If you learned that much to find where to creat topic, next step would be understand it is you personal opinion, please <!!!!!> do not speak for me or my friends, we like this idea and waiting for more information as all wise players do. So will you consider this, huh?!?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

You REALLY wanted an Emeral Dream expansion, that is ANOTHER expansion set on the exact same continents of Azeroth just without human (or other races) intervention? Please, no, at least not just after Cataclysm.

Compared to the asian cliche of Pandaria? Hell yes. If a fantasy franchise goes on long enough, they'll go asian and add samurais, ninjas and other stuff.
The Emerald Dream has room enough for a lot of content. They could even add new races if they wanted to. It'd look less stupid than pandas fighting bunnies.

The Goblin expansion... well, I'd like a "south sea" expansion as well, with pirates and so on, but to be honest I'm happy they did something totally different from the old expansions.

How is it different?
A new continent just like TBC and Wrath.
The only difference is that they're doing an April Fool's themed expansion.
a race of pandas, fighting rabits, thinking only of food and drink,...

Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a_5YtoM8hcwait.. I thought pandas were cute and childish?Also, for the OPs benefit I'll repeat what I've said in other threads. So OP, you cannot take something seriously because of a movie aimed at children? Then should you walk up to a lion cub in the wild and give a big ol cuddle because of a well known disney film that portrayed many lions as "cute and cuddly". Should you also swim up to a starving shark with a cut in your leg thinking it's ok to do so, since sharks must be not violent due to that well known animated film involving a family of fish and other sea creatures. Hence your logic is flawed if you think pandas are childish based on a disney cartoon.Also, Kung Fu is an aincient and brutal art form. There have been many 18+ rated gore fests produced focused heavily around Kung Fu. If comparing to films, I'd prefer to focus around the latter.

I agree with you! Cheers
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]