MoP story ideas

23 Night Elf Druid
As its been stated many times that MoP is not going to have a main villain, and based a lot around the struggles between the horde and the alliance. But there must always be some kind of back ground story to this type of game, otherwise it would just be one big battle ground, and I don’t think that would work on a PVE server.

So does anyone have any ideas on how the story is going to pan out over the lead up/expansion.

These are mine.
Thrall leaves the horde, how can he still have the desire to kill the alliance when many of their heroes have stood next to him in combat against Deathwing. Thrall becomes neutral like Malfurion, This would leave Garrosh as leader of the horde.

Garrosh attacks and destroys Theramore to prove himself to his people that he is his no puppet of thrall and now the leader of the horde he can do as he will.

After the attack jaina visits Orgrimmar to try and get some answers and stop a full on war only to be captured somehow by the horde.

Tandred proudmore (Jaina’s younger brother) leads a full navel assault against the horde, there is a quest in the game at this point to join either the alliance navy and attack the horde. Or a horde quest to join the horde navy and protect horde waters as word has gotten out of an imamate alliance attack.

During this battle a dark aerie mist covers the waters where the battle is taking place, and the 2 enemies are washed up on different shore lines on pandaren, no one on board either ship remembers anything apart from nightmares they had before they were washed up. The nightmare part could be a cut scene showing all the old bosses and villains you have fought in the past.

This is when the new expansion begins.

Loads of quest helping your new friends and learning about the pantaren, but the story of the alliance and horde will continue different pandaren factions joining either horde or alliance etc. but there will also be the story of the nightmare, we will find out that the pandaren were also attacked while they slept, they call the nightmare the sha, and the nightmare old god will be a raid like c’thun.

The horde will have a civil war where all the leaders of the horde will over throw Garrosh. Both alliance and horde will fight Garrosh in a raid, we however won’t kill him as he manages to get away, with is clan, who go in search of the burning legion, and follows his father’s footsteps (Grom) and drinks the blood of a demon. NEXT EXPANSION.

I think Rexxar will become the next horde leader.
Varok Saurfang will be offered the job but will decline it as he will become a neutral NPC. After what happened in ice crown he no longer see’s Varian as an enemy but as a father.
Again in the expansion after this about the burning legion, Varok Saurfang “because of his links to Broxigar” and Malfurion will be the main hero pair to team up to meet the invasion. Which we lose!!!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Varok Saurfang will be offered the job but will decline it as he will become a neutral NPC. After what happened in ice crown he no longer see’s Varian as an enemy but as a father.

Wat.

Again in the expansion after this about the burning legion, Varok Saurfang “because of his links to Broxigar” and Malfurion will be the main hero pair to team up to meet the invasion. Which we lose!!!

WAT.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
Isn't Varok Saurfang somewhat older than Varian, how could he consider him as a fath.. This is one of those trick questions right?
Reply Quote
Why in the world would Proudmoore try to rescue Jaina, in the name of my beard! She kinda had his father killed! And for what? The ever so friendly Horde?

Baah! Jaina dies in the Theramore attack, killed by a zealous murloc! Everyone's happy!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Also just what we need, another damsel in distress.
Best case scenario, Jaina doesn't go "RAR REVENGE!" but does realise being a do-nothing is useless, and therefore turns Varian into a sheep, becomes head of the Alliance (as in overall military leader, not Warchief) and opposes the Horde properly.
Edited by Vangel on 28/10/2011 23:16 BST
Reply Quote
83 Troll Priest
How about more quest phasing in which you participe just to notice that you put your efforst in vain since your side already was on lost position.

(like in Stonard).
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Well, I can imagine the old god N'zoth will be a raid boss in the expansion, and those insect men that there is concept art for will be his Qiraji
Reply Quote
60 Tauren Shaman
After what happened in ice crown he no longer see’s Varian as an enemy but as a father.

I laughed hysterically at this. I'm just going to assume that was the intention.

I think Thrall will die in the Dragon Soul instance. In many movies, you can easily guess which character is going to die by the amount of screen-time they're given. Usually the people who are about to get killed off get an extra dose of attention. And Thrall has definitely gotten more than his fair share in the past year.

I suppose Saurfang going neutral would only be fair, after all, if I started listing every Alliance character that has gone neutral, I'd probably hit the character limit before I was finished. (that's not to say I think it will happen, which I don't)

I like the idea of Rexxar doing something for the Horde. Maybe he and Rokhan can even go meet up with Chen in Pandaria. And maybe I will sprout wings and fly into Never Never Land.
Edited by Bolwen on 29/10/2011 12:30 BST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin

I think Thrall will die in the Dragon Soul instance.

Whenever someone on the internet expresses belief in Thrall's mortality, Chris Metzen cherry-picks another superpower for his author avatar.
Reply Quote
23 Night Elf Druid
28/10/2011 23:03Posted by Merlaila
Isn't Varok Saurfang somewhat older than Varian, how could he consider him as a fath.. This is one of those trick questions right?

i didn't mean that varok thinks of varian has his own father. but see him as father as they both have sons.
due to the fact that varok lost his son in IC, and the little speach that varian says about sons not dying before there fathers, and letting him morn his son's death. (can't remember how it fully went.)

28/10/2011 23:15Posted by Vangel
Also just what we need, another damsel in distress

well i was just trying to link a way the navy might be involved it a massive sea battle, and with the name proudmore been linked to the allinance navy it is an idea i came up with

i still would like to hear some of your idea's how you think the story will develope tho
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Right now all the stories I can think of involve Varian, Rhonin, Malfurion, Thrall, a UFO and a probe.
Reply Quote
Blizzard have stated that there will be a ultimate ''last boss'' in MoP, but they said it was too awesome to reveal yet.

Im hoping on N'zoth. I dont think turning Horde/Alliance leaders into raid bosses would be proper, let's just kill those who's doomed to bad lore off in the books, so they can be forgotten.

29/10/2011 12:29Posted by Bolwen
And maybe I will sprout wings and fly into Never Never Land.

Exit light! Enter night! Take my hand! We're off to never never land!
Reply Quote
93 Human Death Knight
OP made some excellent thoughts there. I believe there will be some leadership struggles on the Horde side, while on the alliance side Varian will prove himself to other leaders as the leader of alliance, the leader they all can trust and rely upon. And I think in the events of faction wars something will go wrong and results in the awakening of an old God and turns the focus of both faction toward that ultimate villain we all expecting as the story goes further. It makes sense too, new continent means there are new secrets to be discovered.

In a act of desperation, Garrosh who finds himself more alienated by other horde figures and seeks all the measures to win their confidence, comes across secrets better left untouched. So, he tries to discover them and obtain ancient power to use it to defeat the alliance. This would terrify the Horde as they know nothing good would come out of it and finally they engage into a bloody civil war. Garrosh is now defeated and feels betrayed so he will turn to the Old God with the Old Gods help he will unleash a terrible evil that in the end consumes himself.
Edited by Draugathiel on 29/10/2011 14:43 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]