Void Tendrils.....

90 Human Priest
http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2011/october/talents_priest.jpg

Void tendrils
4800 Mana
Instant Cast 30sec cooldown
Summons Shadowy tendrils out of the ground
Rooting al targets within 10yards for 20sec.
Killing a tendril will cancel the effect

Iv seen enough japanese anime to know were this is going
Edited by Elincia on 22/10/2011 16:49 BST
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
"oh god.. what is that thing?!".. "what is it doing!?". "nononononono NOOOO!!!!"
Reply Quote
23 Blood Elf Priest
Lol.. hehe.

22/10/2011 14:34Posted by Elincia

I lol'd even more - does seem a cop out tho, i mean, the othe rhybrid dpsers get a mass root therefore we get one too, .. sigh, as a priest i feel more like a warlock than a druid.. i'd rather the similarities be a bit more warlocky for the shadow priest stuff than keep copying shaman and boomkins

Fire Mages/ Ele Shaman - nice pair
Afflic locks / Shadow priests - nice pair
Arcane Mages/Balance druids - nice pair

i also think:
Fire Mages & Destro locks go well
Boomkins & ele shaman go well

frost mages are well, like the frost version of fire mages with a slow instead of a dot. actually this whole comaprison is stupid.. the void tendrils is funny tho
Reply Quote
87 Goblin Priest
Typical for Blizzard to give us priests abilities we crave, but with a catch. We cry for a new CC, we get a CC you can simply kill off. We cried for a nuke, i.e. fireblast, and we get a nuke that also nukes ourselves. We cried for a regen talent, and we get a !@#$ty channeled spell which not only makes us vulnerable for spell school locking, but also gives us very little value for money.

Can't we for once just get a good spell?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
Want Devine Star.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Typical for Blizzard to give us priests abilities we crave, but with a catch. We cry for a new CC, we get a CC you can simply kill off. We cried for a nuke, i.e. fireblast, and we get a nuke that also nukes ourselves. We cried for a regen talent, and we get a !@#$ty channeled spell which not only makes us vulnerable for spell school locking, but also gives us very little value for money.

So typical of priests to start whining without havinga clue what they're whining about. The concept behind void tendrils is brilliant, and it's a proper root like (some) sp's have been wanting for a long time. Chances are it's gonna take a few seconds to kill off the tendril, which gives the priest a window where his opponent not only is rooted, but forced to attack something else. Brilliant, 10/10, awesome.

Imagine if your opponent couldn't move until he's killed off shadowfiend.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest

So typical of priests to start whining without havinga clue what they're whining about. The concept behind void tendrils is brilliant, and it's a proper root like (some) sp's have been wanting for a long time. Chances are it's gonna take a few seconds to kill off the tendril, which gives the priest a window where his opponent not only is rooted, but forced to attack something else. Brilliant, 10/10, awesome.

Imagine if your opponent couldn't move until he's killed off shadowfiend.

You don't know how much health these have yet, let's say they're like totems... One hit and off that charging warrior goes!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
24/10/2011 12:55Posted by Gnumbles
You don't know how much health these have yet, let's say they're like totems... One hit and off that charging warrior goes!

Which is precisely why whining about it is so pointless at this stage, as there are no hard facts yet :)
Reply Quote
84 Blood Elf Priest
i still dont get whats issue ?? i mean priests in all spec's are having isues with melee slowing's and since then pple are complaining for solution (( me 2 )) bec its frusterating , and when they FINALLY did impelemnt a helping spell YOU ACTUALLY COMPLAIN ABOUT IT !?!?!?!?!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
We should actually wait and give it a shot ! I mean we asked for an AoE spell and I can say that Mind Sear Is epic!!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
I'm sure it will be balanced so it is useful, at least as useful as the other two choices which are pretty cool.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
A channeled spell :o sounds like a dungon grinder ability
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Ssshhh don't draw attention to us. We are in a good place. However the tendrils health doesn't matter. Stun/fear kills them
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2011/october/talents_priest.jpg

Void tendrils
4800 Mana
Instant Cast 30sec cooldown
Summons Shadowy tendrils out of the ground
Rooting al targets within 10yards for 20sec.
Killing a tendril will cancel the effect

I thought it's called !@#$%^...? :P

I don't like tendrils as a priest ability, but that's just my taste. The problem is - we needed something to keep these pesky warriors and dks off, and something so lowlifed as a tendril is not gonna cut it.
Reply Quote
78 Troll Mage
the thing to whine about is that they only work vs targets at 8yrds or less, but the ability can be used at any range, including 9-11yrds causing them to fail because of a few yards
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I like the void trendrils, except for the health part. Give enough clever players that knows how to counter them and I will probably also end up getting the same old horror spammer everybody else has.

I bet the psyfiend will end up recieving a nerf on top of it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
And Psyfiend did now.. !@#$ing hell
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]