Low populated/ unbalanced servers

90 Pandaren Priest
I suspected cross realms zones month or two ago. Shame it's only for leveling. World PVP (=Ganking) will flourish! Now the 85s just need merges, which obviously wont happen since the cross-realm thingie is their thing. Thank you Blizzard for more or less fun 6 years, Im out.
85 Human Hunter

Also bump. Bliz, any reply would be really appreciated...

I'm afraid we have no new information to add to threads on this topic, but as we have said before in previous related discussions, we want you guys to know that we are aware of the situation and that we are looking into ways that we may be able to help in the future..

SIX months later nothing happened. But who expected something to happen? Be careful to not look into too much about the situation, you might get dizzy and fall in.

The best thing about the word "future" is that it can mean anything... next week, next month, next expansion, in July 3425... The most important thing here is that they are aware and they are looking into it. I imagine the Blizzard Department of Looking Into Dead Servers (DLIDS) and the team there, with the server list in front of their eye, staring at the dead servers
85 Human Death Knight
Announced today: Cross realm Zones (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4394326)

Another band-aid for low population realms. While this might ease the issue for some players on low population realms it really isn't a long term solution.

If anything it will highlight the issues more when you don't have a shared zone and leave you wanting to Migrate (perhaps that is the plan).

:( as i expected ... another useless addition all this cross-realm zones ... will not fix UNBALANCE and DEAD servers community is just more like official: "SHUT UP and play more if you not happy pay transfer" LOW servers needsto go .... Unbalance needs go! Simple ...

PS:thank you guys for posting in this forum and let Bllizzad know how you feel about this BIG realm problems!
But guys please keep it up and pass this topic to more ppl in your guilds and realms... we need more people which never can be ask to go on forums to come here and add their view!
85 Worgen Druid
'oh hello dear WoW players! We have the solution to all your problems! Cross server realms! The elegant and great solution you've been waiting for ofcourse!'

Oh wait....

- there's no need for community anymore, not sure you'll run into people anyways again just like in other tools like lfd/lfr....why the hell would you make friends? Let's individualize a bit more shall we?

- yes really, it was so disturbing that people weren't levelling. That was really my biggest concern for ages.

- No need for a guild anymore is there? Everything will be crossrealm anyways, so why bother to join a guild that has standards and make a boring application. There openraid so why not just do that! Oh happy community days.

- Auction house will still be empty, but hey who needs stuff anyways....

RIP community if you're really going to have this as the solution for low pop realms, blizzard. I play since vanilla, where community was playing a big role in this game. I'm still playing WoW, and not because I love your new raids which you have to do in 3 different difficulties cause you're to cba to come up with new stuff. I play because I have played with friends that I made in Vanilla and TBC. I stay because there is a community.

Congratulations to all people who didn't mind playing a solo game where you sometimes group up with people that you won't see much again. The same to the ones that love world pvp. The old school raid loving people will just have to move to a game where community is important I guess.

Too bad you could merge servers in Asia, and don't want to do the same for us.

/sad

Quoted for truth... x-realm isnt solving community issues, even if you add x-realm AH and everything else x-realm, it doesnt fix a thing! Community is key here, just throw some lowpop servers together and let the community flourish again, whats so hard about that? X-realm stuff should be your last option, if all others didnt work... not the main option... first you should try to do runs with friends and guilds, then other players on your server you know, maybe players on your server you dont know to make new friends and if that really doesnt work you go into x-realm stuff... now its like all you want us to do is x-realm stuff ><
85 Undead Warlock
Pull you heads out of the orriface that is at the opposite end Blizzard and deal with this problem. The "cross realm" zones are not a solution only a silly attempt to stop a major aretrial cleed with a sticking plaster.

Realm mergers are the only solution, and in a game as old as this it would not look as bad as you think, compared to what happened to newer games. It is already known that the subscription numbers have dropped as such in business it would be seen as a logical thing to down size resources.

Some of the problems raised have been names. Well for character names there can be a priority system.

Priorities for character names could be:
  • Full accounts over starter accounts, if you haven't bought the game then you really have no right to complain.
  • The person who has had the name longer can keep it.
  • If time is equal the person with the highest character keeps it.
  • If level is equal the person on the destination realm keeps it.
  • Priosities for guild names coupld be:
  • The guild that has had it the longest keeps it
  • If time is equal then the guild that is of the highest level keeps it
  • It guild level is equal the one on the destination realm keeps it
  • Yes it is arbitary, but it is the fairest system I could think of, though there will still be people who will complain. However to play on more active realms there has to be a price to pay and I would rather this than the expense of chracter transfers.

I personally wouldn't pay for moves as it would cost too much and some of my characters have recipies for their professions that are no longer in the game. I doubt I am the only one. Therefore the only thing available to such is to leave the game permanently and as such make the probelm worse.

Where items and auctions are concerned give a warning that on x date the server will be closed for a merger and that no actions will be allowed to be placed for a week upto it. Also warn people to empty there mail boxes at the same time as anything left in them will be lost on the merger.

Even if the low population servers were down for a few days for the merger it is better that than the way things are now.

As to this:
    Congratulations to all people who didn't mind playing a solo game where you sometimes group up with people that you won't see much again. The same to the ones that love world pvp. The old school raid loving people will just have to move to a game where community is important I guess.

I started playing in 2007 and this games community was infamous for it's bad nature, it was even more infamous than EvE which didn't even register on the radar and that game encourages ganking, bad behaviour, and scamming as part of the legitimate game play.

They are not the ones to blame. MMOs are not about having to play with people all the time, solo play is just as valid a choice as group play, however it is now at the point where you no longer really have the choice on some realms even at end game. Infact when I started playing in low level zones it wasn't a choice at all given how dead they were even back then.

It is why the world elites were change to normal mobs in the first place, as people were just skipping the content as you couldn't get a group together for them. It is also why the lock and pally mounts were changed to the trainer as it was cheaper to buy the skill an your factions mount than it was to buy what was needed and then pay people to group with you so you could complete the quest. This is why I have my skeletal warhorse, then level 60 mount, myself.
    90 Human Rogue
    <insert generic PR spin post from Blizzard employee stating that "we are working on it", "no new info at this time" while the $$$ roll in from server transfers>
    90 Undead Priest
    Cross Realm Zones are cool when leveling but they are absolutely not a solution. We need equal and balanced servers. When will Blizzard realize that? Because right now we always have the 2 extremes... on literally EVERY EUROPEAN SERVER...

Population wise either a very full realm with ques and lag or a very dead realm with no activity at all.

Balance wise either a faction dominating at least or in many cases one faction completely dead while the other has all the activity of the server.

This game was flourishing because it had community. For this happen again we need balanced servers.
    90 Tauren Shaman
    The most interesting way would be to make one big world and put all european players in it. All in one relm :D Community would be so big and guilds would be nicely huge. OFC there is a hardware side of this :D which i guess is a downer in this situation :D
    85 Draenei Paladin
    11/05/2012 12:38Posted by Lavonas
    The most interesting way would be to make one big world and put all european players in it. All in one relm :D Community would be so big and guilds would be nicely huge. OFC there is a hardware side of this :D which i guess is a downer in this situation :D

I doubt that would ever happen without some major tech on Blizz side. Some large realms already have queues just to log onto the realm in the evenings and there are lots of realms in EU.

Far better just to reduce the number of realms and make a lot of Medium+ realms instead of a few Full realms and many Low realms.
    90 Tauren Shaman
    yeah i know, thats less realms with medium pop is logical. I was just imagining things :D
    85 Blood Elf Paladin
    I feel so deceived about this "fix" for low populated / unbalanced servers :S There is still no solution how can guilds on our realm find new people for PvE or PvP. What a shame...
    Dont click the link above.

This quote made me realize just how ignorant Blizzard is about our situation:

Can I go into main capital cities while grouped with others?
    Capital cities and areas with regularly high populations will not be set as cross-server areas/zones so you will not be able to enter into the same instance of a city as someone who is from a different realm.

My condolences to everyone on the dead realms, we´re not getting out of this unless we pay up.
    Community
    We do realise that this system does not address all of the issues affecting low population and faction imbalanced realms, but we do feel that it will improve things quite a bit. This is a brand new technology being developed for World of Warcraft, with the purpose of bringing life back to the more barren parts of the world, so this is only the start. What needs to be understood with the cross-realm zones technology is that it opens more doors to future systems that could help with those other matters as well.

11/05/2012 13:29Posted by Eiri
    There is still no solution how can guilds on our realm find new people for PvE or PvP. What a shame...

This system will actually assist you in finding players to PvP and PvE with, not to join your guild, but they can join you through the cross-server groups and raids features. While levelling up you will once again have more players in the world to interact with. With friendly players, you will be able to interact with them and maybe end up on each other’s friends’ lists, and grouping up again later for either PvP or PvE. With more players of the opposite faction running about, you will also have more world PvP too :)

This technology and the systems surrounding it are still in development and as such your feedback on them is greatly appreciated. We hope to have more innovative technologies and systems coming in the future that will keep improving the World of Warcraft experience for everyone! ^^
    21 Human Paladin
    Just Merge lowest populated Servers together ,they'll all be happy probably.

Also merge those :
    Server 1 - 1:0,1 alliance : horde Ratio.
    Server 2 - 0,1:1 alliance : horde Ratio.

Problem Solved.
    Now ,i don't know how complicated is to do such a Merges ,but i guess it's not impossible.
    Edited by Bruceelee on 11/05/2012 16:52 BST
    13 Goblin Warrior
    merge realms battlegroup Auction house in single AH
    I can´t really understand why you had to overdo this to such a degree. There were no need for new technology and most importantly - no one asked for it. We simply wanted you to close realms and move the population.
    Its extremely hypocritical to say "its complicated" and "there are alot of factors" when everyone can see the Blizzard is closing servers in Taiwan very recently.

I seriously start to wonder if Blizzard has a hidden agenda to kill the social parts of WoW, ie the guilds. With no guilds there wont be a need to create normal and heroic versions of the raid tiers, which will save alot of time and effort. Just create a LFR and dont spend 10 minutes balancing it.
    90 Draenei Shaman
    11/05/2012 15:35Posted by Bruceelee
    Now ,i don't know how complicated is to do such a Merges ,but i guess it's not impossible.

Not impossible but people would complain while the characters on these realms are unplayable.
    85 Blood Elf Paladin

There is still no solution how can guilds on our realm find new people for PvE or PvP. What a shame...

This system will actually assist you in finding players to PvP and PvE with, not to join your guild, but they can join you through the cross-server groups and raids features. While levelling up you will once again have more players in the world to interact with. With friendly players, you will be able to interact with them and maybe end up on each other’s friends’ lists, and grouping up again later for either PvP or PvE. With more players of the opposite faction running about, you will also have more world PvP too :)

So if we will need people for normal / heroic raids and we invite someone from other realm, will they be able to join current raids? Or it will be like it is now, that they will be able to join only "last season" raids?
    This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]