What is up with Druids these days?

85 Dwarf Priest
Hello. Im an ok geared holy priest not the best ofc, and ive done some raiding. And i dont get it... Ive healed with pallys, other priests, shamans and ofc druids. All our healing are pretty close to each other, but resto druids effectivly doubles our healing... Ive checked their gear alot to get to the bottom of this, but their gear wasnt better than mine at all. Why do druids heal that much? Am i doing something wrong? Thx
Edited by Whoozy on 11/11/2011 10:23 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I take it you are using holy when making that comparison?
Because if you are then yes, druids will destroy you. (Unless you got a lot of external mana regen and a boss specifically attuned to PoH+HoT type healing).

As disc, I have yet to meet a druid that beats me by more then 2% on any boss.
Reply Quote
According to WoL they seem to be the most powerfull healers atm except on singel target healing where they get a$$ raped by any other class.
On the other hand their aoe heal is getting nerfed next patch, and holy priests buffed so don't worry about it.
Edited by Nightvisíon on 11/11/2011 10:32 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
There is nothing wrong with Druids. Druids heal so much because a lot of the fights in FL are AoE heavy. Which is the best AoE healing class you ask, well Druids.

If you looked on the forums you would see lots and lots of posts about Druids and them topping meters and all that.

If you are concerned about not being top of the meters then you shouldnt be. Meters are just for people with big ego's. I would much prefer a healer who knows how to dispell/use cooldowns properly/interupt, than a healer that can pump out and extra 1k HPS.

As for the double healing, if that really is the case, and your not exaggerating (Like i assume) then its the other healers issues. Whilst i admit i regulary outheal my Disco/Hpala team mate, its not by alot. Nowhere near the double you quoted.

HPriests and Shamans are nowhere near as powerful as Disco/Hpala at the moment hence the buffs to both. As well as that, Druids are usually assigned to raid healing, i.e 5-6 people. HPala/Disco are more generally Tank healers, 1 person. You do the maths.

The general point it my friend, dont QQ because you dont top meters, its not about topping meters, i would rather be at the bottom, if it means we completed the raid.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Like Paoloc said,topping meters is anything but the most important part of healing.

Nevertheless,first of all please understand that druids have skills and talents that only do healing. No absorbs or damage reductions. It's the only thing we can do,thus we are first to what the meters show,healing,but a boss is not only about healing.

In anyway though,take a look at this: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/991qpfa6zocldtvi/sum/healingDone/?s=3996&e=4421

See yurak and rhapsody? They are both holy priests and rhapsody in particular was even assigned on healing a soaker group for this fight.

And it's not like the druids were "noobs" or anything.I got 22K and each of the other two has 20K effective hps.

It is beyond doable to compete with resto druids as it is now as a priest,both holy and discipline.

And I asked them what is their secret and one of them is this: First and most important part of doing competitive healing in firelands is having the groups organised nicely. The reason why PoH is less effective is because people are usually spread out.
Talk with your superiors and ask them to divide the groups so that most of the members of each group will be at least close to each other throughout the fight. That way you won't lose a big portion of your PoH healing.

Generally though,don't worry too much,in 4.3 all fights involve hugging up,so you won't have much of a problem there. (and I'll try to avoid getting the discussion towards the nerfs of druids/boosts of priests,but ye,they will be there as well)
Edited by Pinus on 11/11/2011 11:23 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Druid tops recount with wild growth :P! but healing 6 players for 5k really aint worth much except in aoe fights.
a fight like baleroc I dont like healing it as a druid :(

so basically: Raid>Single on recount.
again druids aint that good on single target.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I'm surprised your RL haven't force-specced you to discipline.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
We are not bad on single target steady damage, Taiha. What we are not good at is bursts of single target healing (the traditional style tank healing). Having said that we are sufficient for pretty much any kind of normal mode healing atm, including tank healing.

Baleroc isn't bad if you build your stacks right, with our good mana regen we can get away with regrowth spam to build stacks and then swap over to nourish for cheaper heals and regain mana.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
Thanks for your responses... So what you are genrally saying is that its holy priests whos a little weak atm?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
In a nutshell, yes.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
11/11/2011 10:29Posted by Ashalia
As disc, I have yet to meet a druid that beats me by more then 2% on any boss.

This.

Plus remember, HPS meters do not display damage reductions (like Inspiration, PWB, PS) or other value of general utility (GS etc) - which druids have none of, thus druids will always seem to be slightly higher based off HPS alone.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
did people die in the run/bossfight ? No ? You did fine.

Meters are silly as healing anyway, if we're doing our alt run i see druids topping , if i look closer its all wildgrowth wich is perfectly fine with me. If im cancelling heals and healing the tank and he doesnt die then whats the issue?

Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
Well my only issues here is that when a vipe occurs witch happends occationally. People will start to look at what went wrong. A Druid can make the rest of the healers seem like he were far superior, the raidleader will then often prosceed to ask the other healers to improve.

And another thing is that im comfortable playing Holy, but pressure is rising and my guild is trying to force me to go disc... So now what? Am i not allowed to heal as holy anymore? Is it really that bad?
Edited by Whoozy on 11/11/2011 14:46 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
A druid is able to do a lot of hps. Not save the raid. The topping of the raid comes always from the team-play of the druids and the priests.If we got 6 rejuvs,each ticking for ~5K,ofc we will end up with a lot of hps,but that's not gonna save everyone.

We keep them alive until you top them off. A death of the group is a responsibility of both and of equal blame.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Well my only issues here is that when a vipe occurs witch happends occationally. People will start to look at what went wrong. A Druid can make the rest of the healers seem like he were far superior, the raidleader will then often prosceed to ask the other healers to improve.

And another thing is that im comfortable playing Holy, but pressure is rising and my guild is trying to force me to go disc... So now what? Am i not allowed to heal as holy anymore? Is it really that bad?

Holy is quite bad, it's situational and can usually be overlooked if you have superior encounter knowledge (so you can put the healing on your targets quicker due to knowing how the fight unfolds/having experience with dealing with mistakes in the encounter).

Disc is in a much better place than Holy, though - but Holy is being buffed next patch (which should be soonish).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Healing and meters aren't the same thing.

Healing isn't like DPSing and getting high numbers but keep your group alive, so no point in comparing which class heal more or less...
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
meters for healing are a guide, ideal for the individual to look at and decide if their healing was effective and they are not wasting mana, but it isnt possible to compare different classes and healing tasks fairly. If you are looking at deaths they can be very useful, if the tank has died who made an attempt to heal him? and how hard has the tank been hit? are all questions that need to be asked. It also needs to be remembered that the tank also has to use their cd's correctly.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Apart from what other people said and if looking on other threads, you'll find that druids these days await the incoming nerfs and buffs, and enjoy running around casting hots. Also, we are soooooo looking forward to 5.0 hybrid specs they're discussing! /hangs head.

A druid is able to do a lot of hps. Not save the raid

Any healer helps save the raid, otherwise we wouldn't be healers. And my NS-HT and SM disagrees with your "druids aren't savers" thinking you seem to have there (I assume you raid 10s?)
How we keep the raid up differs of course. With LK mechanics or direct healing we suck compared to priests, but making a differentiation between healing and hps does not sit right with me.

That said,meters have their serious flaws in judging healing, and you can't base a good healer on raw hps only.
Edited by Nuvielle on 11/11/2011 21:48 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
At the moment druids are op on AoE healing and Holy has poor raid cooldowns. THis is being fixed next patch so don't worry. If you're the second healing priest in a raid at the moment then you can go holy. 10 mans/25 first healing priest should pretty much be disc due to the fact it brings barrier.
Holy is being fixed next patch and Resto druids nerfed with Discs staying mostly the same.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
11/11/2011 21:47Posted by Nuvielle
(I assume you raid 10s?)

No,I raid 25s actually. A druid can't top a raid.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]