AP- parental controls email

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Druid
12/11/2011 10:28Posted by Erdrin
If you know how to remove it please explain, I cant find it anywhere.

You have to contact Accounts & Payment Support to get parental control completely removed
90 Undead Priest
I've checked my account and it still shows my 12 month subscription commitment on it, however, according to the email, it probably would anyway. It does seem strange that, in this case there is no way to "confirm" you wish to continue on with this promotion on your Battle.net account, when normally Blizzard state that if you get a dodgy looking email about your account you should go directly there rather than clicking through an unknown link.

Saying that, I don't want to lose the promotion either, so I'd like confirmation from Blizzard that this is real.
its legit i was on the phone to customer support to check
85 Night Elf Hunter
12/11/2011 11:52Posted by Reag
its legit i was on the phone to customer support to check

If it is real, it would be nice of Blizzard to make a sticky for it, as I bet many people won't trust the e-mail. Granted, it doesn't ask for any account information at all, but no one wants to be phished.
Customer Service
This is a legit e-mail that has been sent out to players who have parental controls activated on their account. For those who are worried that it may be sent to their wrong e-mail address, keep in mind that it is being sent to the e-mail address for the parent or guardian and if you need to updated this address, please contact our Account and Payment team.
90 Night Elf Druid
Thanks Tailyda
Customer Service
No problem and I apologise for any confusion caused. :)
90 Night Elf Druid
12/11/2011 12:47Posted by Tailyda
apologise for any confusion caused. :)

Pfft you enjoy causing confusion

Do you know if we'll get a confirmation that our reply to the email has been processed and the annual pass will remain on the account?
85 Night Elf Hunter
Good to know it's legit. And just as Ellifara I'd like to know if we get a confirmation. I wouldn't want to lose my free copy of Diablio 3. :)
Edited by Forsythia on 12/11/2011 13:05 GMT
Customer Service
At this time I am afraid I do not have that information, but I'll certainly look into it for you. :)
90 Undead Priest
Cool, thank you. I've sent a reply stating I want the AP to stay - I'd like to have some sort of confirmation either via email or on my Battle.net account. As Forsythia stated, it would be a shame if we lost out, simply because we're more security conscious :P
85 Gnome Warlock
Would removing the parental controls from my account prevent the removal of the promotion on november 28, or is it already "locked in" for removal?
Also, if the removal does happen, can we still reapply for the annual pass later?
Lastly, I'd like to chime in with the others in asking wether we will get a confirmation e-mail to signify that our email has been received and the removal has been reverted.
Customer Service
I've passed on your first question Yrrolock and when we have more information, we'll let you know. :)
- CS
90 Draenei Priest
Do you know if we'll get a confirmation that our reply to the email has been processed and the annual pass will remain on the account?

I wouldn't hold your breath. I'm still waiting for the mail confirming I've got the annual pass on my account.
85 Human Priest
This is a legit e-mail that has been sent out to players who have parental controls activated on their account. For those who are worried that it may be sent to their wrong e-mail address, keep in mind that it is being sent to the e-mail address for the parent or guardian and if you need to updated this address, please contact our Account and Payment team.

Thank you for the response :) Already replied to that email and was just wondering whether or not there will be a confirmation email send to us, stating that you received our responses and that our accounts will not have the promotion removed?
Thanks.

edit: ah, it was already asked, sorry >_< Anyhow, an answer will be much appreciated! Cheers!
Edited by Danamebi on 12/11/2011 21:44 GMT
85 Human Paladin
I would just like to add my desire to have a confirmation email to say it won't be removed also.

Would set many of us at ease I imagine.
90 Undead Warrior
What if this mail got caught in my spam filter and got deleted ? Is there somewhere else i can confirm that i wish to continue with the promotion offer ?
90 Orc Death Knight
Will the commitment and the rest of the offers also be removed ?

Or just Diablo 3 ?
90 Night Elf Rogue
I would like to add, that I too have received this email and thought it very odd.

Not only did I find the terminology quite uncharacteristic, but I also wasn't expecting the email at all after having read about it in mmo champion.

The only reason I have parental controls attached to my account, for which I have already signed for the free mount/beta key/Diablo 3 pass AKA the wow annual pass, is because doing so was the only way I could get access to enabling RealiD on my account!
I'm not sure if this is regular, but I had totally forgotten that I even had parental controls enabled and certainly didn't think I was due for one if these emails, this compounded my doubts.

Well, nice to know the message is legit but FYI, maybe think about changing the account settings so users don't need parental controls for RealiD, unless I made a mistake somewhere and then..... Well, carry on!
For The Alliance and Leicester!
85 Draenei Death Knight
Well. As a lot of you guys, I also thought this mail wasn't legit. ThereforeIi erased it. So is there any chance I can get a new mail, so I wont lose my annual pass? Or do i have to remove the parental controls by contacting the Account and Payment?
Edited by Deathzkill on 15/11/2011 11:52 GMT
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]