Help Karazhan realm, please!

85 Tauren Death Knight
Hello. I am writing this because Karazhan realm is really DEAD now. Don't believe me? Make a random character on that realm, log it, and go into the [Trade] channel of any city. Even staying about 10-15 minutes in it, you will not see more than TWO or THREE people writing in it. LOL. Pretty dead, isn't it?

Also, the best (of the realm, not worldwise) guild left, that Juoda Balta (Lithuanian 25 man only), and now there is not a SINGLE 25 man raiding guild in this damn realm.

Even imagine that we can hardly pug a BLACKWING DESCENT RUN (MAGMAW!!!)!

Ofc I am not mentioning the complete lack of mats in the Auction House, and much more things.

To people who are going to say: "transfer realm, then!", I am already answering this.

I already pay 15 euroes per month, and I can't affoard transfering my 5-6 most played chars. Also, I am way too bound to my guild and to some guildies of mine, and also 3-4 RL friends who play on this server would be forced to change server with me, and that wouldn't be nice (unless it is free). About rerolling: I spent way too much time on my main and love the game on him so much I could never start from ZERO on another server!

So, why not go in with a server merge? The situation is REALLY terrible!!

P.S: Excuses for my bad English writing skills.
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Hunter
Thank you for this info about the realm.
Alto i'm not familiar with the way blizzard works on
free immigration to servers, i due know that the list gets updated quit frequently.

So it could be they will updated the list soon so your server is going to be in
the list and you can get a free character immigration.

But other then that, i don't see much that blizzard could due to assist in this situation.
You might have heard/read that there are allot of players that stopped playing,
so there are more servers that are loosing people.

Then again, every day new players start and more alts come to the game,
with the next expansion announcement there will be player returning to WoW.

So for now, wait until the list gets updated and hope for the best, there isn't more we can do.
Edited by Dvk on 13/11/2011 12:20 GMT
Reply Quote
- CS
90 Draenei Priest
They won't merge the servers - don't think they ever have.
Can you imagine the time & effort needed with duplicated names or guild names etc? It would be an impossibility.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
Yeah but it's also impossible for me to play decently like this!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Yeah it is true i used to raid on Karazhan back in wrath and since then the server has been going down hill and i share the same pain a Trusted does i had also fell in love with the server and guild, but the situation got worse so i had to go onto the PvP aspect of the game just waiting for the raiding on Karazhan to pick back up Thankyou :)
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Hunter
What this man speaks is the truth! This server is dead. This server needs a merge or atleast a free realm change, this realm has really gone down hill since wrath.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Completely dead realm for sure.

There's currently 3 guilds active which had any bosses down pre-nerf if I'm not mistaken, and not a single guild with 6/7hc pre-nerf, nor a single 25 man guild.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
omg didn't realise things were as bad on the Horde side as they were on ally. Mind you try sitting in SW for 10-15 minutes on ally side here and you'd be lucky if you seen anything other than gold sellers in trade.

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
Yeah, also about pvp on Karazhan, Tol Barad is, when it is lucky, 10-15 vs 10-15, and Wintergraps is usually ONE (ONE!!!) vs ONE.

Indeed, horde is in a golden situation, if you see the ally situation, lol.
Edited by Trusted on 14/11/2011 13:52 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Cry me a river. If you cant help yourself no one is going to help you ingame RL or anything u undertake in your life. Now let me tell you a few things. First of all it is not true that there's no more 25 mans, Pandemonium is running an active 25 man{ normal} + two 10 man groups { hc}. Juoda Balta is gone, so what? What difference does that make in your playing? 1 less BH group o nooo because if im not mistaken they raided with their own guild not with Dark Knights of Kalimdor. Im an old player and unlike Dutchmagoz who's a newly hatched chicken into raiding/guild leading let me tell you a few facts. There are currently 15 guilds that are ahead of Pandemonium on progress, yes 15 and we're 5/7 hc. Back in TBC { When i got every server first up to Sunwell} there was only 6 raiding guilds. So if you do the math it roughly is the same only the raiding format has changed there's no more 25 mans but alot more 10 man guilds. Your inability to raid might have something to do with your guild and your skill because every1 who had any desire in raiding has already joined a guild and is doing so.
You guys mistake 2 terms: Progress and population. There's nothing wrong with the population its the last weeks of Firelands of course that people are bored im actively gearing 4 alts up and im done with everything till sunday. I also have characters on Ravencrest Sylvanas and a few other servers and the only visible difference is that on those servers there's a few more Rated BG groups. Your options are the following Trusted:
1. Get a raiding guild and start raiding { If you truly desire to do so, dont tell me u cant find one because quite a few guilds are looking for people you can start at the bottom and move up}
2. Transfer out and try your luck on a different server
3. Join Jago Fan Club
As far as the alliance is concerned ye with only 400 active players you guys should definitely transfer out!
Reply Quote
Cry me a river. If you cant help yourself no one is going to help you ingame RL or anything u undertake in your life. Now let me tell you a few things. First of all it is not true that there's no more 25 mans, Pandemonium is running an active 25 man{ normal} + two 10 man groups { hc}. Juoda Balta is gone, so what? What difference does that make in your playing? 1 less BH group o nooo because if im not mistaken they raided with their own guild not with Dark Knights of Kalimdor. Im an old player and unlike Dutchmagoz who's a newly hatched chicken into raiding/guild leading let me tell you a few facts. There are currently 15 guilds that are ahead of Pandemonium on progress, yes 15 and we're 5/7 hc. Back in TBC { When i got every server first up to Sunwell} there was only 6 raiding guilds. So if you do the math it roughly is the same only the raiding format has changed there's no more 25 mans but alot more 10 man guilds. Your inability to raid might have something to do with your guild and your skill because every1 who had any desire in raiding has already joined a guild and is doing so.
You guys mistake 2 terms: Progress and population. There's nothing wrong with the population its the last weeks of Firelands of course that people are bored im actively gearing 4 alts up and im done with everything till sunday. I also have characters on Ravencrest Sylvanas and a few other servers and the only visible difference is that on those servers there's a few more Rated BG groups. Your options are the following Trusted:
1. Get a raiding guild and start raiding { If you truly desire to do so, dont tell me u cant find one because quite a few guilds are looking for people you can start at the bottom and move up}
3. Join Jago Fan Club
As far as the alliance is concerned ye with only 400 active players you guys should definitely transfer out!

Tldr mate. Try using the enter button a couple of times.
Anyway, Karazhan sucks.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
3. Join Jago Fan Club

Killing 1/7hc post-nerf can't really be counted as a "25 man raiding guild" tbf... No offence to pande, I got quite some friends in there incl the raidleader.

Edit: After actually trying to read your so well-formulated post, Let me adress some of your points;

- Personally insulting me for a "wrath baby" when you have no clue when I started playing, what guilds I've been in/leaded, or how good/bad I am, isn't very nice, nor is gonna help a normal discussion.
- When I'm talking about raiding guilds, I mean raiding guilds worth recruiting from, guilds progressing when new content comes out, and not 3 months after it, etc.
- You're obviously not a guild or raidleader, or officer. You have no idea what recruitment is like on a realm like this. We've been searching for a couple of good players for ages, and we simply can't find any on this realm. Every single officer/gm I talk to from other guilds, is complaining about the lack of people to recruit from, and the fact they're getting like ZERO applications. If that isn't enough, most trials are failing their trial, or current members are getting kicked out due to lack of attendance/skill, or people are just quitting the game in general.
Yes we could lower our expectations, but I don't like playing with people on a much lower skilllevel than what I'm playing at, especially in my own guild, so that's not really an option.
- Grats on your imba 1337 progress in tbc, and it definately gives you all the rights to insult people randomly all the time. ps it doesn't.
Edited by Dutchmagoz on 14/11/2011 20:52 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
First of all let me state that in no means im insulting your skill as a player did a few raids with you and im well aware of what you're capable of. But with all the whining you have been doing in and giving your 2 cents on most of the server dead topics which are quite trendy atm i am questioning your skill as a leader.

About our progress, your confusing population with progress again mate, we never aspired to even do hc modes we just raid for fun and have been doing so since the guild was created. Twice a week whatever dies, dies. The problem is that you guys tend to calculate everything into progress and not fun. Then again progress might be fun for you.

On a side note i am the raid leader and deputy GM of Pandemonium so i dont know which so called ''raid leader'' your friends with but i think you might have a few things wrong about the hierarchy of our guild or the person your friends with is not who he claims to be.

About lowering your standards here's the thing. If you spend some extra time and attention actually helping and teaching some new members the few extra things you know can prove to be beneficial to everyone. Because in the end isnt that what guilds are for? If you got some info or some ''trick'' that the new mage/lock/whatever doesnt know giving it to him and helping his dps/movement/whatever can help him improve which would help your guild grow and be good overall for all parties involved instead of just failing him as a trial and kicking him.

That's some of the real problems that are going on atm in WoW and the raiding community. You guys need to remember that you were once scrubs too as was I. The only thing that cannot get fixed in a potential recruit is the attitude. So our recruiting policy tends to follow the pattern of : If he has the right attitude, gear/skill is not the issue.

You need the remember that most of the guilds you guys originated/are still in came from the gutter back in TBC/Wrath and they made their way to the top. Emerald Dawn was a footnote in TBC and Wrath and was only known through Bastiaan who kept doing half decent pugs. Outcast was irrelevant in TBC so was Juoda Balta they just faded away in the eyes of Denovo or Nightshift or Insanity or Flawless and on and on.

So Gvstoned i apologize but im not accostumed to posting ive posted 2-3 times in the 4+ years on the realm but the server does not suck its your attitudes and the attitudes of Karazhan's elite that needs work. There's 4.5k active players on the realm what more do you need?

To conclude i doubt that rambling on and on and giving my 2 cents will make even the slightest difference because most of the people reading this wont accept an advice from a guy with lower progress then them because their pride and e-peen wont allow them to do so. Soi hope i made the text more ''readable'' this time.

Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
There's a difference between helping someone learn the game, and wanting to progress with people. I've helped LOADS of people improve, but when you're in a raiding guild who wants to progress quickly in new content, you can't spend 3 months teaching someone everything about their class, and about raiding, it's just not worth the time when your goal is to progress & have fun raiding with people equally minded, especially considering most of the people without any decent experience have turned out to not want to do the same type of raiding as we do. (Wiping 200 times just to kill one boss for example) So in general it's beneficial to us and to them to not recruit them in the first place.

And I take any words from anyone no matter their 'progress' or 'skill' serious. I'm just saying it's not the player pool we're recruiting from.

And the raidleader I was talking about I can't quite find his name on my realid list atm (since so many of names seem similiar:D), but one of his characters was called fillip iirc.

The thing you need to realise when people like me look at population, is their recruitment pool, and the other like minded guilds on the realm to share things with.(and often compete with for fun)

+ It's also more fun when you can find easier pugs. We seem to be the only group of people I see on this realm making succesful pugs (we run 4 7/7 pugs a week, and seem to get a lot of people who want in because no other pugs apparently kill 7/7) But I'd love to do heroic pugs, (which we're now moving into, but mostly guild alts/socials) on this realm, but it's just pretty much impossible.

Anyway, I guess we gotta agree that we can't agree, since none of your points seem to convince me, nor do my points seem to convince you I guess:p
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
yh kind dead realm srsly blizz need make free micration for youre real lagg of allys lagg off horde lagg off guilds" i stig on realm till end of times started here end of here not gonna trasfer exept if find nice pop realm time will tells"
Edited by Xandare on 22/11/2011 09:45 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I agree that sadly our realm is pretty much dead. Sometimes i wonder why it is this realm which is so bad and not another . Well anyway, as guildeader im thinking about moving to another realm, because it has become very hard to recruit new people for our guild. Mainly raiders, as we have lost alot of raiders due to real life. But yea when we cant recruit radiers for our guild, we can go pugging. And we did but that's not that fun, and that can even be hard to find enough puggers. So when you cant even get a 10 man raid pug going on, the realm is really dead. A couple of days ago i checked the status of population between my old realm Draenor and this one. And it was like 14k+ to 900+, something like that. So yea really a big difference. So when patch 4.3 comes live, i'll have a talk to my fellow guildmates and see if they will move along with me and theguild to Draenor. So another 10 man guild will leave the realm.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Chuck norris have been on this server. we still play here cus he allow us to do so ;)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
18/11/2011 16:32Posted by Raszagal
Emerald Dawn was a footnote in TBC and Wrath and was only known through Bastiaan who kept doing half decent pugs.

Emerald Dawn was a "footnote" in WotLK and TBC due to the fact that they were a 10man guild, not a 25man. And even so, pugging netted them server 11th in 3.3. The changes between the 3.3 raid team and the 4.0 raid team that took them to server 5th was precisely 2 people.

And, having been Emerald Dawn's recruitment officer until last month and now leading Bedlam, I have to agree with Dutch that finding talented people is nearly impossible. That's talented, by the way, not skilled. We have enough patience and knowledge in the guild to help someone develop their talent into skill. Finding a skilled person applying on my forums usually makes me nearly injure myself trying to get them into my guild before someone else gets them.

From the conversations I've had with other guild leaders, the only English-speaking guild in the top 5 that was getting any apps at all for most of 4.1 and a large chunk of 4.2 was Emerald Dawn, and largely the quality of those was unspeakably bad (for example, the best app we received over a period of 2 months was a holy priest who called me a retard for saying that State of Mind was the most useless talent he could go for and suggesting he take Body and Soul and Spirit of Redemption instead).

As for the population, I suggest you log to a realm that's not marked "New Players". Even Low Population realms are busier than Karazhan, pre-patch slump notwithstanding.
Edited by Lokya on 29/11/2011 15:56 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
18/11/2011 16:32Posted by Raszagal
Emerald Dawn was a footnote in TBC and Wrath and was only known through Bastiaan who kept doing half decent pugs.

Throughout TBC and Wrath ED was never ever interested in progress, the progress we did get was just by chance. We played for fun and just happened to get a half decent spot on the rankings in the process.

Anyway back on topic.

It should be fairly obvious that people are going to judge realm population by their own needs, and as far as trying to raid on this realm goes you're honestly better off transferring. The quality of apps I've seen on ED forums since we started has very slowly declined, yeah you get the occasionally good application, but when you're looking for people with FL HC experience and you can only find people with BWL and BoT experience you have a bit of a problem.

Yes you can lower your standards but in doing so you risk losing the people who are looking to raid FL HC not FL normal or BWL and BoT HC, so you have yourself in a bit of a catch 22. Sometimes the risk can be worth i, when you have someone who just needs a little bit of tutoring on the newer fights, but when you have a Blood DK dual wield tanking and refuses to listen as that's how he wants to play, then really you can't expect the rest of your raid to have to deal with him losing threat constantly.

When I was looking for players for ED during Wrath it would take me at most a day maybe two if I was looking for a tank or healer. During the last few weeks of raiding for ED when I was looking for tanks and healers, it took me two weeks to find a healer but that was only after convincing a rogue app to apply on his paladin alt, and I never found a tank. I was looking for four weeks using every resource at my disposal and I never found a tank.

Part of the problem does stem from the generic tank and healer shortage that can be found on nearly ever realm, but this gets empathised by the general lack of decent raiders that is apparent on Karazhan. This in turn is a result of very few raiders overall.

You get decent raiders by having people move up through the rankings, if there are no lower raiding guilds then there's no one applying to higher ranking guilds. This has been a problem on Kara for quite some time, and will continue to be a problem, there is no easy fix for this but it does need to be addressed.

Now this is from the eyes of an Ex raider so you can say I'm not listening through pride or e-peen if you want, but that's your choice. This isn't a problem limited to just raiding though, I'd assume that pvp guilds are having just as much of a problem, as they seem to rise and fall every few weeks.

when I say decent raiders I'm actually talking about people who have knowledge of raiding in general, and know which end of the sword to hold and which to stab people with.
Edited by Loranna on 03/12/2011 08:40 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm just waiting for everyone to migrate off so that I can stand alone in Orgrimmar yelling "THIS IS MY REALM! MY REALM!"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]