item level 1-80 gear

85 Draenei Death Knight
Hello Blizzard,

i want to ask you something about 1-80 items.
i can't enchant many enchantements because the item level is 1.
can you pls make that better. (every level up higher item level)

its realy annoying!
Reply Quote
They are item level 1 for a good reason :)

Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
ilvl 1 items tend to either be special purpose or purely cosmetic. Why would you need to enchant them?

The enchants are also restricted so that you can only use them on gear of the right level for the enchantment level so you cant go sticking an high level enchant on a lowbie character and seriously unbalance the game.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
your right Errinaya.

but im lv 74 and can't enchant things on me stuff either
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
What character are you trying with? So I can look at your armory page and see the gear you mean and your enchanting skill and recipes.

Maybe we can work out what's going on. :)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
17/11/2011 16:12Posted by Drellex
but im lv 74 and can't enchant things on me stuff either

That's the downside of heirlooms. But look at it from the other side. If you are able to put an expensive high level enchant on it, what should happen to the enchant if you give the heirloom to a lvl1 alt? I know for sure it can't stay on it because it would be unfair to other low lvl characters.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
That's the downside of heirlooms. But look at it from the other side. If you are able to put an expensive high level enchant on it, what should happen to the enchant if you give the heirloom to a lvl1 alt? I know for sure it can't stay on it because it would be unfair to other low lvl characters.

Yes your right, put when you level you get higher gear too put they can make that the level of gear going up to and when you send the enchantment is gone?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Errinaya

me char is zerognome
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Actually here, i have to disagree...

The heirlooms are allready powerfull enough as they are, the few good enchants you can put on at lvl1 is more then enough to last until you have to change into proper gear.

Also, Gliondir gives a good point why it shouldn't be done.

Here are a few enchants without lvl requirements : Superior Impact (+9 dmg 2H) , Agility (+25 agi on 2H) , Fiery Weapon (+40 fire dmg) , Lifestealing, Icy Chill , Agility (+15 agi on 1H) and there should be at least one great enchant left that i don't have on my enchanter..

So you have enough to pick between through your lvling
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Here are a few enchants without lvl requirements : Superior Impact (+9 dmg 2H) , Agility (+25 agi on 2H) , Fiery Weapon (+40 fire dmg) , Lifestealing, Icy Chill , Agility (+15 agi on 1H) and there should be at least one great enchant left that i don't have on my enchanter..

thanks for help but i got on me weapon good enough (2x 15 agility)
i just want it for me gear...

i just hope that blizz upgrade the item levels thats all

but all thanks for help

Reply Quote
You can put 100 health, 100 mana or +4 stats on the heirloom chest items. Shoulder and head slot enchants work on heirlooms, kicking in at the apropriet level. On cloaks you can put +8 agi/+8 dodge rating, reduced threat and a few lesser ones.

The basic rule is that vanilla enchants will work on heirlooms as they don't have a lvl requirement.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]