EU- Veknilash - Losing more members

85 Blood Elf Rogue
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2868636379< This is the current post to our realm forum where some players have already spoke out about how this server is dying on horde side more than alliance but the server is getting what feels lesspopulated every day and more and more guilds are moving off.
but we don't all have money to move away and i know alot more people would like to, we don't get anything from commuinty support (blues) < yes i know we're not supposed to beg for them but C'mon we need some sort of a response to how blizzard actually see the status of our server. And from the look of the forums it's not only ours& the only FCM that we see these days is from outland to other pvp realms, yes its pvp so i understand that but why hasent it got a full and permenant lock on it & why our the other low populated realms getting nothing for it?

And at the end of the day we're all paying customers so why don't we get the responses.
Edited by Angiaks on 18/11/2011 12:33 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Forum representatives cannot comment on the sotuation as they have no say in what they can do to "save" the realm. Developers often read the forums and solutions will be found if they think it is necessary.
This thread will be moved as its not a direct customer service issue.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Well as its back on vek forums might aswell delete this post
Edited by Angiaks on 18/11/2011 12:50 GMT
Reply Quote
3 Dwarf Shaman
I moved my main to Ravencrest (awesome server, btw). Logged into an old alt on Vek and I felt like crying.

Dead realm is dead.

The auction house is beyond bad in Vek. On high pop realms you can pug multiple FL HC at 5 at night or 12 at noon, doesn't matter. On Vek there's hardly enough ppl in SW and Ogr to pug 1 FL outside of prime time.

The people dueling are max like 1200 rating (which usually have a big mouth and think their good because they beat other scrubs in duels, lol), so good luck trying to find an arena partner and do goo. On good servers, more grand marshals and glads around to duel than you can count.

I'm so glad I left.
Edited by Shivaz on 28/11/2011 17:56 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Well yeah, the server is dying slowly.

Currently i'll be working on some stuff further on getting more people intrested into pvp on the alliance side running RBG's and soon after raids, i just hope more off the alliance players will show an intreast and give me hand, same if the horde players if you will, come log alli, make an alt, teach others on becoming better, or just come alliance and FC.

Would be nice to give this server a nice quick start and get it up and running again like it was in Wotlk.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
yep server is dead, ive moved most of my chars to diff realm heh
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Rogue
Even avarage pve realm has 4-5 pvp guilds , for vek both ally and horde side max 1-2 pvp guilds.
i FCM from stormrage to here but for that period vek was fine atleast 1 year but now really really dead.Maybe the reason is wow loosing players so they cant fcm to here.But maybe they can merge some realms.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I don't really want to pay for a server transfer, i'm not paying just so i can be let down on another server...

I'd rahter concentrate my efforts on helping this one, i'll be organising some stuff over the next few months hopefuly if i can keep my subscription going >.>
would be great if people can lend a hand, and see if the guilds on alliance side and on horde side work together >.>
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Here is how it stands. The realm is almost completly dead. We are all paying customers and we have the right to complain. Considering how many subscribers WoW has lost lately due to their last expansion and the one advertised to come I expect Blizzard should be paying attention to the customers they still have.

My wife and I have two accounts on WoW and even though we haven't been thrilled with the direction it has taken lately we have tried to stick throught it bacause we have a guild we are rather attached to, but with the current situation of the realm that insentive is quickly becoming moot. Our guild, just like every other one on the server, is dying. Why should we have to pay for account transfers and/or guild transfers to ensure we have the MMO experiance we have already payed for. Blizzard needs to correct the issue with either a free migration plan or server mergers.

If this issue is not adressed soon well, the fact of the matter is, there are two new MMOs comming out soon and I'm quite certain their realms will not be so lacking in population.
Edited by Malcav on 30/11/2011 06:27 GMT
Reply Quote
81 Blood Elf Rogue
Seriusly lets say your right. Why would Blizzard give you free transfer. That would tottaly just kill this server lol
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Basicly, the server is already dead, if blizz gave us a free transfer out to another server they could close this one, meaning the players of this server get to move to a more populated server
Reply Quote
I think we need to take direct action.. not wait for Blizzard. When we couldn't find raiders, I went to other servers and recruited... our raiders talked to people they knew ... we managed to bring people TO Vek, rather than transfer away and I'm glad we're still here and still doing both PvE and PvP.

Let's not be negative, but rather think of the good things about our server and encourage more people to join us :)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Lol you got no idea what a dead server is like. Vek is brimming with life in comparison to other servers.
Reply Quote
84 Draenei Paladin
Vek is hardly bad compared to some other servers I've been on.

Also it isn't Blizzards fault for low pop realms. It's the community not doing anything about it and yet expecting something to fix it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Pav as always <3 100% agree.

From my stand point for my own experience of my guild ive lost more and more people for the lack of things going on daily and it's only getting worse, i lost a fiar few members for various reason for the raid team and also the lack of people to fill the team and be around enough to do things at a regular interval but still recruitment is sparce and the spots we've tryed for the last month from those leaving and way before that in general is just not going anywhere.

As for GoL it's a level 25 guild with alot going for it in terms of atmosphere and good people but it shouldn't be this hard to keep a guild such as this form even doing things let alone a daily dungeon run in the evening as a guild.

People are more and more often doing their own thing, theres no want to do things as a guild anymore when people can just que in and cap / raid when they feel like it more often and because there just isn't enough around to make guild runs anymore is what i am experiencing daily and i'm sure more same for other folk too and it is getting worse...without a doubt.

There needs to be a drive not by blizzard anymore but us to go out and as a team if possible... drive and create a buzz about Vek, there are still good reasons to play on Vek even if the raiding / guilds issues / AH are becoming worse by day... theres alot good people here, a good friendly community in general & help when you do need it and hell even melandull is an attraction as much as darkmoon faire island itself.

There need to be a reason, motivation and want for it and we have it, the sooner it's done the sooner things might just improve instead deteriating further and we lose what we have & accomplished so far here or otherwise even more guilds and good people will leave or just quit WoW, i'm even contemplating if i can afford a server change with guild or just leave for swtor but i dont want to in slitest because there are people here worth staying for, Vek is my home for WoW but not if everyone does leave in the end and that sucks when theres alot good memories here and you all have aswell i'm sure and don't want to lose what we have.

Sorry for babble but theres a cent if worth noting :)
see you in Stormwind :D
or pos Orgrimmar ^.^
Edited by Jokerette on 07/12/2011 13:11 GMT
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Death Knight
Just some numbers:

Vek'nilash EU (as of 6th of december 2011, showing levels 10-85)

Total Characters: 11,305
Total Alliance: 8,587 - 76%
Total Horde: 2,718 - 24%
A to H Ratio: 3.2 : 1
Activity Ratio: 1.2 : 1

Horde did lose a lot of players, about 1-2 months ago they were at 52% against 48% Alliance.

For more info check http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=660&factionid=-1&minlevel=1&maxlevel=85&servertypeid=1
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter

Total Characters: 11,305
Total Alliance: 8,587 - 76%
Total Horde: 2,718 - 24%
A to H Ratio: 3.2 : 1
Activity Ratio: 1.2 : 1

Horde did lose a lot of players, about 1-2 months ago they were at 52% against 48% Alliance.

Personally I agree we need an influx of players, but, just as Pavanda and Joker have mentioned, it'll have to be us making the call, not Blizzard. I can't see them doing a server merge, and all FCM will do (if they can even do it) is risk another server ending up like this.

Alliance have it much easier (at least on paper) than Horde do, I know we've got enough players to keep going slowly and we're growing as a guild, albeit a touch slowly. I'm recruiting old friends cross realm and trying to get this server back up, I mean we'll never be a full server, being at the bottom of the realm list and having low population to begin with.

On the upside, however, a recent trip to Silvermoon showed a LOT of low level BElfs around, so maybe if enough people got WoW for christmas... :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]