Bots in PvP

85 Draenei Shaman
Well its quite depressing when you see so many bots in battlegrounds, especially in the late hours of the night. Now i know Blizzard does offer is a "report player" option but thats pretty much for spam. I really do think they should have another options for bots. Mainly because people just dont bother to write a support ticket.

So in otherwords what im asking for is to make it easier for us to report bots in battlegrounds please. Just the idea of blizzard adding an option to report bots would probably be enough to scare people from botting.
Reply Quote
Nothing will scare the Bot community, they don't care.
That's like threatening a career criminal with jail.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I have to agree, I've been Bging most of the night and 50% of teams consist of bots. Or at minimum you have at least 2 bots. (in WSG/Gilneas/AB)

Although it was rather cute when in Gilneas, a Paladin bot on Horde started fighting the Alliance DK Bot. They were just meleeing eachother and waddling about for 5 minutes.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I regularly do BGs and never noticed any bots, so -_-
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
bots, shoul dbe permament banned, blizzard should take of cummunity, screw 10 euros per monht less bots, more players happier!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
24/11/2011 08:24Posted by Treeroy
I regularly do BGs and never noticed any bots, so -_-

You clearly have low expectations of other players.
Reply Quote
Community
While it may not appear to players that action is being taken against botters, we assure you that this matter is and always will be taken very seriously by us. We have many systems in place to detect and deal with botters in PvP but we do also rely on player reports heavily as well though.

24/11/2011 03:39Posted by Dionysis
So in otherwords what im asking for is to make it easier for us to report bots in battlegrounds please. Just the idea of blizzard adding an option to report bots would probably be enough to scare people from botting.

I am happy to tell you that there is already feature in place for this, the "Report AFK" feature that you can find by right clicking on another players portrait in Battlegrounds also serves to report botters to us as well :) We understand that it does not say this exactly, but it can still be used to report botters in your Battlegrounds.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
24/11/2011 12:28Posted by Nakatoir
I am happy to tell you that there is already feature in place for this, the "Report AFK" feature that you can find by right clicking on another players portrait in Battlegrounds also serves to report botters to us as well :) We understand that it does not say this exactly, but it can still be used to report botters in your Battlegrounds.

That's grand, but still
1) requires multiple people to press that button. Get enough bots in a game and this isn't even a possibility
2) requires the bots to not get into any PvP whatsoever. Essentially, this is asking the other side to not engage any bots, as this will clear any "AFK report" issued thus far.

Blizzard might well state that they care about the customers not running into Bots (and I believe this), but it should be clear (if only from looking at these forums) that the players are starting to lose faith. Botting appears to be rampant enough to seriously impact the enjoyment people get from Battlegrounds, which can not possibly be the intention by Blizzard.

Players are now asking for Blizzard to become more pro-active, rather than reactive and waiting for reports. Direct your attention to the playing fields and focus on purging those.

Whilst not necessarily desired as such, several other well-known MMORPGs had global system announcements when Bots were deleted and perma-banned. This gave their community both a clear indication that action -was- being taken and at the same time served as a warning for those who considered turning to Botting.

The point I'm trying to make here is that, by keeping it away from the players, there's both a lack of impending doom felt by would-be-Botters and a lack of a sense of retribution by the legit player base.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Why dont change report AFK to some ingame pop up wich bring us 10 buttons and on one random "I AM NOT AFK" button ? 15sec time to click once you are out of combat , 5 minutes CD
Reply Quote
what happens when person get's caught using bot software? ban or?

I mean. increased amount of bot's in bg's tells me that consequences of cheating isnt severe enough.

and now specially in next patch where bg's give you conquest points,so botters get free "arena"gears.
Reply Quote
24/11/2011 13:15Posted by Alienka
Why dont change report AFK to some ingame pop up wich bring us 10 buttons and on one random "I AM NOT AFK" button ? 15sec time to click once you are out of combat , 5 minutes CD

because people would abuse that on all players not just for bot's
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Why should other costumers have to babysit the cheaters and do the work for Blizzard by reporting/opening tickets and so on? The responsibility should be on YOU to remove cheaters and prevent them from abusing the current system, not your costumers.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Low population seems to be an exclusively PVP issue. If you look at the list of available realms, all of the ones that are shown as having low population are either PVP or RPPVP. None are RP or Normal.

Is that because the population balance and availability of players has a much higher impact on arena and battleground activity?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I'm really losing it today, i saw i've been using bots for over 50 years. Man bot's bot bg because of what? Selling characters? Using them for... i don't know, maybe to play geared pvp and don't lose temper while still in low gear? Hmm, i wonder how would bgs look like without bots. I mean more bots enemy have more interresting stuff gets. Sadly when you kill 4 bots alone, it's not as fun as 2 humans. Never the less bot topic seems to be less of an issue as what i saw in past years. I think TBC was worst, i think it's getting better since blizz took down glider.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I reported one guy few times for who Im sure he is boting (first time 9 months ago even) and he is still doing it. I dont want to say that you arent doing anything about it but things like that discourage me and others as well probably to even bother making a ticket and report such players.

EDIT: its nice to see a blue poster on PvP forums once again
Edited by Frozenjogurt on 24/11/2011 14:45 GMT
Reply Quote
89 Tauren Warrior
Problem with the Report AFK feature, I have seen obvious bots auto follow anyone who gets within a certain distance into combat, they get hit by AoE and they lose the AFK timer. Also I've seen bots get the debuff but then auto attack the nearest enemy just to get rid of it.

The report AFK button is not enough!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Arc

That's grand, but still
1) requires multiple people to press that button. Get enough bots in a game and this isn't even a possibility
2) requires the bots to not get into any PvP whatsoever. Essentially, this is asking the other side to not engage any bots, as this will clear any "AFK report" issued thus far.

Although frustratingly true, this is not why you should report a player afk. The purpose isn't to get the botter out of the current battleground, but to catch him in the longer timeframe. Most people will at some point in their wow carrer get reported afk, however, one report doesn't stand out at all. Botters usually leave their software on for hours, and when 5+ people report the same player in every battleground this player enters, the blizzard alarm bells should eventually start ringing.

That said, I personally find this a rather small comfort and would very much like to see the fight against bots taken a few steps up. The punishments right now just aren't menacing at all, and those are only if you get caught.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]