Bots in PvP

90 Blood Elf Mage
I am truly at the end of the line now for PvP in WoW. I'm on 99,800 hk's at the moment and the second I hit 100k I'm quitting PvP until the bot situation is fixed. It is SO frustrating trying to play with and against bots. This is the only time I've ever posted a whine in a thread and I've been playing since launch.

It really is that annoying.
Reply Quote
Community
Increased the limit on this thread by popular demand. Thanks for keeping it mainly constructive so far :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Yay!

Ont: Atm the number is a bit lower but after peak hours it's back to the bottinggrounds... ;_;
Reply Quote
47 Pandaren Hunter
While it may not appear to players that action is being taken against botters, we assure you that this matter is and always will be taken very seriously by us. We have many systems in place to detect and deal with botters in PvP but we do also rely on player reports heavily as well though.

How many years have you been saying this?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Nvm that was just 1 bg I had with a few less bots, back to being 80% of the bg now.
Reply Quote
78 Human Paladin
21/11/2012 15:47Posted by Takralus
Increased the limit on this thread by popular demand. Thanks for keeping it mainly constructive so far :)

If you could just get rid of bots by popular demand would be awesome...

Surely there could be even some temporary measure put in place? Just disable the "click to move" function - temporarily - as that is apparently how they move about. Sure it would be an inconvenience to some players who use it - I am one of those - but at least it would screw a lot of them up, and by the time they have figured a way around it, Blizz will have unleashed their "Master Plan!". (there is a "Master Plan", right...?)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Why does it take 2 mins to get ppl kicked for being afk.
Example, Gilneas. 10man bg, 2 ppl afk from start on the ship.

The game is lost right there and then and even if marked we have to wait 2 mins for the 2 debuffs to run its course, is that some sick joke?

I read a bluepost once about people going to the bathroom or comfort their kid who fell.
Well.. bull!@#$.

The report system suck the anti-afk system suck even more.
If you have 0 damage/healing/movent just kick them out of the bgs after 30s.
Edited by Nethermore on 21/11/2012 16:35 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm sorry to say but not "enough" is being done on your part to REALLY stop this problem. The Report AFK feature is out of date and hardly works as the bots are designed to work around it. At during times in BGs where most of your team is botters that feature is useless as it takes alot of players to report one person to get the system to work. Which the bots just engage in combat and take the debuff off. Your clearly lost control of the situation. Please use more of your millons income to put in a system that actually works and not asking us to do the work for you.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Although primarily a PvE player I do enjoy bgs now and again. However all the reports of bots has put me off even stepping into a bg in MoP. I've seen bots in previous expansions and they do make game play frustrating and less fun. I don't want to go to a bg where there are even more bots than the previous expansions.

If it's put me off doing pvp, then there must be more players who think this way too.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Replace Report AFK with vote kick as a temporary measure. It won't be perfect but it sounds like it would be a lot better than what you have now.
Reply Quote
78 Human Paladin
21/11/2012 17:04Posted by Snookie
Replace Report AFK with vote kick as a temporary measure. It won't be perfect but it sounds like it would be a lot better than what you have now.

Any player-controlled option like that would always be open to player abuse.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Guess I'll post here for blizzard to supposedly read it.

Anyways, I got instant disconnects (no lag, just instant) 3 times, each time after reporting the players I suspected were bots in bgs (which at around 3-5 am was around 5 or more players). Now what a reward, I just reported these people for cheating and I get thrown off the game.
Edited by Details on 21/11/2012 17:37 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
This is a huge problem to me. I cannot fail to see how PVP can become such a task for some people, and this is why i must think that i've been attending a battle full of bots:

The other night i played Strand of the Ancient. It's a fairly simple BG about destroying walls and capping graveyards, and in the end, at the last wall, you'll need to cap the sphere. Can we agree? How hard is that? How many years has it been out now? 3 years or so?

This was my scenario: i got into the BG. I spoke in the chat, and didn't get a single answer.. i asked myself "did i say something stupid? Did i have an attitude? Or do people simply not care"

When the boat finally arrives to the bay, this is what happens: 2 people (1 being me) jumps into the demolishers and start going for a gate, the rest? Well the rest fights at the beach, and when they die, they either run back, or run up to alliance and start beating on them (of course dying).... There was literally 2 demolishers just standing and not being used, and people were fighting at beach a good 3-4 minutes into the fight, untill i just quit out of frustration - not a single word in the chat, only me and the other guy on /say ....

This was the most extreme case i've yet to see, but PVP has been so frustrating lately, that i've just been quitting.. .couldn't bother, when i know i would loose anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Aslong as this problem ain't fixed you can avoid bots by installing an addon.

Read about it on this thread:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5966976836
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
While it may not appear to players that action is being taken against botters, we assure you that this matter is and always will be taken very seriously by us. We have many systems in place to detect and deal with botters in PvP but we do also rely on player reports heavily as well though.

So in otherwords what im asking for is to make it easier for us to report bots in battlegrounds please. Just the idea of blizzard adding an option to report bots would probably be enough to scare people from botting.

I am happy to tell you that there is already feature in place for this, the "Report AFK" feature that you can find by right clicking on another players portrait in Battlegrounds also serves to report botters to us as well :) We understand that it does not say this exactly, but it can still be used to report botters in your Battlegrounds.

Report afk my !@# he just gets in combat as he is scripted to do so... seriously can u like leave a gm to "watch" over bgs usualy the chat is pretty much a pointer of how manny ppl actually play.... thx bay
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Gnome Priest
21/11/2012 15:59Posted by Kadmiel
back to the bottinggrounds

Heh...bottinggrounds :P

Bottlegrounds seems ideal too, but it sort of gets another meaning then ^_-
Reply Quote
21/11/2012 15:47Posted by Takralus

Very constructive , im sure the botters will read that and reconsider their actions!
Edited by Gradz on 21/11/2012 23:37 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Something really needs to be done, honestly I dare any Blizzard employee to go into a random bg and come back and say the tech you have in place is working.

Perm ban players using bots, its the only way that you might actually fix the problem.
Reply Quote
Something really needs to be done, honestly I dare any Blizzard employee to go into a random bg and come back and say the tech you have in place is working.

Perm ban players using bots, its the only way that you might actually fix the problem.

they will say that all they saw was normal players following each and everything in a gianted line of stupidity -.- they will never admitt being wrong. just read the auto response the gms given us..

To notice a botter is just place a table 30 yards away from everyone and every bot will go.
but remeber to say to Bg don't move to table ...
Edited by Greedie on 22/11/2012 00:33 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]