Updated info on the upcoming Portuguese server

85 Blood Elf Paladin
WTB blue posts.
Reply Quote
Community
Hello again everyone, I'm back ^^

Just wanting to give some more information for some of the concerns that you have all been raising recently.

Why PvE? Most portuguese players come from PvP realms. PvP realms are, apart from some exceptions, more populated. Given this two facts, a new portuguese server should be PvP. Hell, I've never played in a PvE realm (apart from the PTR) and I don't know if I can pass the chance to kill night elves (yes, my alliance friends, night elves particularly - don't ask me why).

You need to keep in mind that newcomers are sent to PvE realms preferably, and that they provide a much more friendly experience for newer players. While we understand your concerns, this is important for us and we want to offer newcomers a PvE environment. However, if we need more than one realm due to overpopulation of the first, we will open a second one as PvP allowing Free Character Migration to it as well (including from the first Portuguese PvE realm).

Why on Cyclone? Cyclone is currently a bilingual battlegroup, consisting of english and german realms. Well, for the english part, most of us are used to it, but german has no linguistic similarities with portuguese, the teaching of german isn't a big thing in Portugal, and I can just assume that in Germany, portuguese isn't a language highly sought be german highschool kids.

In order to ensure minimal queue times when using the Dungeon or Raid Finder tools, the Portuguese-language realm will be a part of the same queues as the English-language realms. Those who choose to use these tools should bear in mind that the resulting groups will likely include English-speaking players. Of course, Portuguese-speaking players can still form groups with friends from their own realm if they would prefer to play with Portuguese-speaking teammates only. Also please note that the PVP queues will work in the same way. As such, you will only meet German players during battlegrounds, on the opposite faction.

So I hope that this clears up some of the issues that you had, and I will try to be back with more information soon ^^
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Nakatoir, gz on promotion and thank you for answering us.

But let me understand this, you guys want Aggra full of newcomers only? Because 'oldcomers' don't really want to go to a PVE server... So Aggra will be just a Low server... Why not change this? When I was newcomer I went through World PVP in PVP servers and I had no issues with it...

That is no valid reason to ruin the unique server we gonna have, sorry.
Reply Quote
2 Orc Warrior
Why send new players to PvE realms, to bore them to death ?

This is WARcraft, not peacecraft...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
29/11/2011 14:55Posted by Deadlyblonde
PVE realm? Won't be transferring my main character, maybe an alt or so... I don't even see the point in PVE realms anymore.

Play just for raids, and pass 90% of the time in Stormwind doing nothing...
Anyway, my port brothers and sisters, its been a while since i made a big post. So... please, don't eat me alive :P

Ok so now we will have a portuguese realm, located on a german server, right? Well, no big deal on that. Play with germans on battlegrounds? Meh. We get use. I'm use to swedish and greek folks. Pt-Br pack? I won't even consider get it.
Now... transfer here? Humm... i may consider do it. Kul Tiras, as PVE realm is about death in fun. All the focus is rip bosses apart and do some pvp. There's no socialization anymore! If anyone makes a humble question on /2, is buried in imature replies (ex: dirge spam, @*!@!#****#% spam).
Moving along, as a humble person i will probably join this servers. I find no reason to stay in KT (except friends, maybe). Altough, will be the first time i will transfer, and i don't know how much 'beaurocracy' will need. Altough that can be easily treated later.
Also, i only transfer if i find the comunity friendly and helpful. I lost all my hope in help on KT months ago, so now need a friendly comunity to help me relax and have fun. Damn, i even pass more time on two Rp servers: Argent Dawn (ooooh... the screams of pain and suffering of the ones who know what LOLshire means) and Defias brotherhood. Of course, i want to raid again (i don't even tried the Firelands!) so i need someone who can suppport me. Some guild with the already mentioned friendly people to help me.

And now, without being a self-centered guy, talk about the server itself.
As i can see, 90% (not real number, just a mental statistic. Maybe a bit more...) of port players that will transfer will prefer the english pack, and just some prefer brazilian in case they're beginer to english. So no panic on that side. The problem is the realm base. PVE. As i read for the posts of the rest of the peeps, a major group of portuguese players run on PVP servers. For me, that's not a problem. Less people annoying me during grinding. Altough, as i see, a lot of players want to fight not only on bg's/arenas, but also on the contested territories. I agree with that, i mean, it gives the war on WARcraft. Altough, we shouldn't make a big deal of it either. All can always flag themselves if they looking for pvp. Easy!

So... this is my opinion. So... See you soon and love you all, even if you troll me to death/ despise me/ play horde/ don't like me at all/ don't have a clue of who the zog am i.

ADEUS! :D
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Hi Nakatoir, thank you for the answer.

I agree with you, PvE realms are better for the new comers but what Blizzard needs to understand is that if the realm is PvE it won't even pass "New Players" or "Low" status.

I think that Blizzard has more chances of opening a second realm if the first one is PvP.

Anyway, thank you again for the answer!
Edited by Vorgak on 29/11/2011 15:21 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Why send new players to PvE realms, to bore them to death ?

This is WARcraft, not peacecraft...

Aparently you were shot to a pvp realm when you start playing :P
Nah, just messing with you xD Well, i can't explain why. It's too obvious that don't need explanation. Altough i can give a example.

Imagine you, alone, as a orc lvl 10-ish on the barrens, questing.
Suddenly, A WILD DRAENEI 85 APPEARS!
As a orc, you despise the draeneis, right? So you charge him, showing your orchish aggressivity and hit him with your axe as hard as you can. Your glorious blow was epic (at least... for you)!
For the draenei, your blow isn't more than a flea shot at 100km/h to a leather boot. He feels a little pinch and look, finding you attacking him. The draenei shrug, and then sneeze. His sneeze was so powerful that crit you OVER 9000!!! And you die.

Hope it helps ^_^
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Ganking spirit has always been part of the game... Get used to it or go play Hello Kitty Island.
Reply Quote
69 Goblin Priest
29/11/2011 15:01Posted by Nakatoir
You need to keep in mind that newcomers are sent to PvE realms preferably, and that they provide a much more friendly experience for newer players. While we understand your concerns, this is important for us and we want to offer newcomers a PvE environment. However, if we need more than one realm due to overpopulation of the first, we will open a second one as PvP allowing Free Character Migration to it as well (including from the first Portuguese PvE realm).

There, an explanation. Fine by me.
Although I think it will be difficult for we, Portuguese players, to overpopulate a realm... we don't have that many players.

Blizzard intend will always be to extended their player base. Offering a PVP realm to Portuguese newcomers will surely be a "no go", as a new player starts their adventures and ends up knowing the "way of the gank". That will be a big turn off.

Yeah, yeah, that's the way the game was designed, they should expected it, bla bla bla...
We all must realize that the big majority of players are casual, and they just want to come home and follow their adventures without too much stress.

And I'm sorry to say, but it's a bit sad to notice that most of the forum posters here are winning about the freaking possibility of being unable to... gank!!!
Ffs, what does that matters????
So you want to gank? Good for you, keep a char on Grim Batol or Frostmane.
But try out the Portuguese realm. You will see that soon you will not return to those servers.

One side note, the majority of forum posters do no represent the majority of the Portuguese player base. Most of the players do not care for forums posts and whatever.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Have you ever experienced serious World PVP Xampas?
Reply Quote
i am at EU server Burning LEgion am i going to be able to transfer my character to portuguese realms??
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yes, you will
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
meu Deus... Tanto ódio...

Guys... A pvp server will appear if the PvE gets enough people. do not cry for nothing :/
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
29/11/2011 15:38Posted by Kaladrian
Yes, you will

They first said only a couple servers would be able to transfer, and with this last info we got they now just say to wait for more info.

But guess they will now open to all since the main realms where portuguese are probably most wont come anymore with the info of the server being PVE

meu Deus... Tanto ódio...

Guys... A pvp server will appear if the PvE gets enough people. do not cry for nothing :/

If PVP server from start it would get filled sooner (most tugas in PVP realms).
Being PVE from start it will take loads more time to fill

They say they want to give new players a relaxing environment. Is that really better if that same environment is deserted? As in also Auction House close to empty? (Had 1char on a server like that, not a good place to be)
Edited by Ordhor on 29/11/2011 15:58 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Kaladrian the point is that we don't have enough players to overpopulate a realm so we will never get another (PvP) server.

I don't agree with
You need to keep in mind that newcomers are sent to PvE realms preferably, and that they provide a much more friendly experience for newer players. While we understand your concerns, this is important for us and we want to offer newcomers a PvE environment.

because the realm should be dedicated to all the Portuguese players that Blizzard already has, not just a few that will start playing. And if they start to play in that realm and it is a ghost world, do you think they will stay there / continue playing? No, they will stop playing / transfer because they want more people to play and it will be just another low population server.
Edited by Vorgak on 29/11/2011 15:56 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Tx for the Blue Nakatoir it sure helps knowing you will allow pve->pvp free transfer if it does open up.

We will discusse it internaly and take a decision.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
So how i participate on the debate, Wildthing?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Hi Nakatoir, thank you for the answer.

I agree with you, PvE realms are better for the new comers but what Blizzard needs to understand is that if the realm is PvE it won't even pass "New Players" or "Low" status.

I think that Blizzard has more chances of opening a second realm if the first one is PvP.

Anyway, thank you again for the answer!

Pretty much this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]