Level 60 PVP gear Transmogrification

85 Troll Mage
I have the Legionnaire title since Vanilla WoW, but I still can't Transmorgrify my lvl 60 PvP set. Anyone else having that problem?
Reply Quote
1 Undead Priest
To obtain tier items you had to be able to defeat a boss (definitely not available to everyone), hope for your piece to drop and then win it over 9 (24, 39) other players. With increasing player power and nerfing of the content the gear was made available to everyone. With the exception that it actually has to drop. Don't you think that's restricting enough?

You can still do all those things. You can no longer acquire ranks in the old pvp system. People thought they could get the iconic old gear for 100 honour a piece.

That's just a ridiculous comparison.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Great decision.

Are there any plans on making these restrictions coherent, i.e. making restrictions for all of the above named gear the same?

What a ridiculous question. The restrictions for vanilla gear are there because it originally had those restrictions. You can't say the same for the other examples.

Maybe the restriction was different for other pieces of gear (think ratings for 70+ pvp gear), the fact remains that only the lvl 60 pvp gear has a transmog restriction (other than the usual transmog rules), while lvl 70 or 80 pvp gear or any lvl pve gear has not.
Reply Quote
72 Draenei Shaman
I have three priests. Two of them hark back to vanilla and two of them qualify to wear lv 60 PvP gear. They are however Horde and the Horde set is ugly. My Gnome who wants her hat can't have it, even though I reached the required rank and higher on two of the same class.

So who exactly is this for?

Whilst I don't agree with it in principle, you could at least have made it if you have a rank 8? (can't remember what Knight Captain was) on your account from way back when you could equip the gear. Or you could just let people pick and choose what they want to transmog into.

30/11/2011 13:06Posted by Jakemir
On one hand I do appreciate that getting the PvP gear in vanilla was considerably harder than it is now to obtain even at 60

Hardly. I got to Knight-Captain on my alt Druid whilst raiding six nights a week. Reaching 11/12/13/14 sure took more time but you don't need any of those to transmog the PvP sets. In fact I think the Druid hit Knight-Captain a week or so after my raiding main (one of my many Priests did) so I was clearly gaining rank easily on both for a while. Reaching rank 12 on the other Priest was harder, but was time more than anything else.
Edited by Hedera on 30/11/2011 16:40 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
To obtain tier items you had to be able to defeat a boss (definitely not available to everyone), hope for your piece to drop and then win it over 9 (24, 39) other players. With increasing player power and nerfing of the content the gear was made available to everyone. With the exception that it actually has to drop. Don't you think that's restricting enough?

You can still do all those things. You can no longer acquire ranks in the old pvp system. People thought they could get the iconic old gear for 100 honour a piece.

That's just a ridiculous comparison.

The price of the gear is irrelevant (I would have gotten my blood knight set regardless of price).

The fact that they removed the pvp ranks doesn't really apply. They removed the rating requirement from lvl 70 and 80 pvp gear, but yet there is no restriction for transmoggin this gear, along the lines of being able to wear this gear during the appropriate arena season. I'm comparing gear restrictions here (i.e. you need to have been able to wear/obtain this gear at the time, e.g. a 2200+ rating during season 4 to be able to use this for transmogging now). Please elaborate on why you think this is ridiculous.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
30/11/2011 16:18Posted by Disc
What a ridiculous question. The restrictions for vanilla gear are there because it originally had those restrictions. You can't say the same for the other examples.

my pala will look pretty much like it has the lvl 60 pvp gear on, true i had to farm a lot to get the gear but i actually prefer what i farmed even tho its only slightly different. Im pretty sure you could farm gear for most of those sets.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
30/11/2011 16:47Posted by Lethanaar
The price of the gear is irrelevant (I would have gotten my blood knight set regardless of price).

you can still get gear to make a good blood knight set just a matter of knowing where to look and a little farming here and there :)
Reply Quote
I have the Grand Marshal tittle from the old pvp system with my Paladin... And I cannot transmogrificate my rank 14 gear. What's wrong?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Do I need to own Cata to be able to transmog items?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
30/11/2011 16:54Posted by Héaly

you can still get gear to make a good blood knight set just a matter of knowing where to look and a little farming here and there :)

I'm aware of other pieces of gear people use as blood knight sets, however I've always felt these are (slightly) inferior to the lvl 60 set. Which wasn't even in the game in vanilla btw.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
30/11/2011 17:11Posted by Grumpigrouch
I have the Grand Marshal tittle from the old pvp system with my Paladin... And I cannot transmogrificate my rank 14 gear. What's wrong?

You need to buy the new versions of it for gold at Area 52, that version is transmoggable, the old one isnt.
Reply Quote
30/11/2011 17:16Posted by Lotharemas
You need to buy the new versions of it for gold at Area 52, that version is transmoggable, the old one isnt.

Thank you :>
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Just visited Netherstorm and seems like all the supposedly blue rogue heads are with red druid colour and druid heads are red are as they are intended. This leaves that there is no blue leather head. It's just so awesome looking gnome rogue set... :(
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
30/11/2011 17:21Posted by Grumpigrouch

Thank you :>

Which says to me this is a bug/over sight on Blizzard behalf and the blue post was a hasty "cover up"
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

TL;DR: You cant use this gear for Transmogging unless you have at least Knight-Captain/Legionnaire from the original PVP system from Classic WoW.

thx blizzard....now i definitely decise to quit this game at the 15/12/11...after 7 years....
Reply Quote
80 Undead Priest
I'm glad they done this, if I had spent the time getting grand marshal or whatever, then every tom !@!! and harry could have the gear I worked for, I would not be impressed.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
So what's stopping Random Joe from just using the ACTUAL GEAR when standing around town? Why even bother mogging in the first place?

Also ironically enough, having the vendors for the gear be in Netherstorm will prevent (all three)people on un-upgraded "oldskool" accounts from getting the transmog pieces.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Well.... i have just one thing to say..... COME ON!!!!

I stopped leveling this charactrer untill 4.3 was released so i could quest in Northrend, looking like this!! And now i'm not able to!!.... Sadface :(
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I'm sorry but they never mentioned this . in fact we got told all pvpv gear was able to be transmogged.

thing is as a druid i dont want to look like a tree or a daisy or a lump of bark. as teir 3 is going to be trickey and so is any rogoe gear the best option was the field marshal gear. you can buy it you can wear it why cant you trans it ?

sort this out Bliz or this patch is yet again full of false hopes and promise.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I'm sooo happy they have limited the lvl 60 pvp gear to people with the required rank, I had to work so hard to earn my rank in vanilla and at the time i was the only female gnome on my realm to wear this set. I am again one of only a few around my realm to have this, so this is just my thankyou to blizz for this it has really made my day.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]