New JC-only gems in 4.3

90 Orc Death Knight
They will fix it eventually.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
2x 40 is 40? Love ur math...
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
So here I am in the new patch, kinda low on gold after gearing all my alts.

And 4 chars have jc -.-
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
30/11/2011 09:38Posted by Lobotomy
When a JC would be replacing his 3 last gems with epic gems, he will be behind everyone. When a BS replaces his last two gems, he will be ahead of everyone. Until then, nothing has changed. So if it takes a very long time to fill your gear with epic gems, then there's still time to fix it so that professions are the same.

I bet next week I'm full epic gemmed, and then what?
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Gnome Mage
05/12/2011 13:31Posted by Hevan
When a JC would be replacing his 3 last gems with epic gems, he will be behind everyone. When a BS replaces his last two gems, he will be ahead of everyone. Until then, nothing has changed. So if it takes a very long time to fill your gear with epic gems, then there's still time to fix it so that professions are the same.

Looking good so far with 0/9 epic gems. If the difference is so big that +90 stats from current gear will make you lose, and +120 stats from current gear makes you win, then I'm certain you also have the dedication and funds to level another profession immediately. If not, just wait until it gets fixed.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Epic gems are under 1k in my realm, prolly will go under 500 by end of week.
This means 50 stat points JC-BS difference is already an issue...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
also very dissapointed to hear this as a strictly pvp player gave up raiding after wotlk this sucks tremendously no jc only upgrade and i cant even farm the gems to make a profit on my choosen proffesion sort it out blizz...
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Don't you have to PvE to get the tokens for recipies and gems? Did they change this with cata? If so then your first comment is incorrect.

If you choose to limit yourself to PvP then you take the consequences of choosing what is a minority part of the game. How would you like it if I could get from world PvP a fuull set of the latest and grreatest pvP gerar and weapons witout stepping foot in an arena?

There will be an upgrade by the time that everyone who wants too is pretty much decked out with epic gems, until then it would make JC to overpowered.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Please consider than top guilds are already fully socketed with epic gems. I've seen quite a bit of them rerolling BS as well. So in reality, if they don't buff the current JC gems, we JCs are getting screwed over in the butt since it gives 49% less stats compared to a BS.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Man, I remember when this game was interesting and people wanted it to be fun.

But then people like this show up and demand that every profession has +80 stats on the dot. I've even seen people complain that JC is unfair because it gives 81 instead of 80. Unless you're working on madness heroic and you are wiping on 2%, GET OVER IT.

-a JC
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Gnome Mage
07/12/2011 04:22Posted by Nimoku
Please consider than top guilds are already fully socketed with epic gems. I've seen quite a bit of them rerolling BS as well. So in reality, if they don't buff the current JC gems, we JCs are getting screwed over in the butt since it gives 49% less stats compared to a BS.

What people do with gems and professions only affects themselves. You aren't getting screwed over by other people putting epic gems into everything and having a specific profession, any more than you are already getting screwed over by other people having better gear and having better gear than you.

For example let's say you had a choice to immediately drop JC for BS. You'd go from 13 rare, 1 epic gem and 3 JC gems (771 stat points) to 18 rare and 1 epic gem (770 stat points).
Then you compare your current gear with a horribly nerfed JC with full epic gems. He'll have 14 epic gems and 3 JC gems, which is 901 stat points. If he's 49 stat points behind a BS, how can he be 130 stat points ahead of a BS?

That's why profession choice doesn't matter for anyone until they get full epic gems. Up to that point, everyone gets 80 stat points from profession. Most people will see a fix to this way before it even becomes an issue to them (which is pretty much everyone complaining about it on the forums). And the small fraction of players in the world that it actually makes a difference for, will have no problems fixing it by taking another profession.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
This is all a bit weird and i still whana see a blue post on some of this forums.
But if you take me for a exempal, who are most in for pvp and I for the moment have JC and dont have afford to buy the new epic gems. But I still think that my JC gems are going to provid me whit the same stat bonus as every other prof. But insted i got lower stat bonus!
This is not what i signed up for, if you know what I mean.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
They should have made the introduction of epic gems like in Wrath. very fast the prize on epic gems came down to what the prize were on rare gems. That would mean give Alchemists the recipees to convert rare gems to epics and let JC'ers prospect Pyrium with a chance of getting the odd epic gem. And also give the miners a chance on epic gem when mining a pyrium node.

Now every proff hangs in limbo and cant decide which one is superior cause it depends on how lucky you are with RNG when you open a geode. I have guildies who have allmost 20 % epics on opening geodes, but also guildies that have close to 0%.

change the system on how to acquire epic gems and balance proffs at the same time....problem solved
Edited by Wyvernspur on 05/01/2012 06:30 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
04/12/2011 11:02Posted by Bodom
They will fix it eventually.

In about a year or so?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Lobotomy, I'm curious why you keep arguing against new gems, saying "it doesn't matter yet, it doesn't matter yet?" You're fully aware that JC will fall a fair bit behind BS in a very short while, why not start working on a fix now before the discrepancy gets bigger?

I know you want professions to be balanced, I have seen you write posts about balancing professions against each other before. Why is this so different?
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Gnome Mage
Lobotomy, I'm curious why you keep arguing against new gems, saying "it doesn't matter yet, it doesn't matter yet?" You're fully aware that JC will fall a fair bit behind BS in a very short while, why not start working on a fix now before the discrepancy gets bigger?

I know you want professions to be balanced, I have seen you write posts about balancing professions against each other before. Why is this so different?

Look at the time of the posts, I stopped that a while ago. And it's a balance. If no one had epic gems and nothing was changed, then nothing would have changed, everyone would still have 80 stat points. If it was changed immediately, then BS would be 20 stats behind immediately. Now what's worst, a fully epiced JC being 29 stats behind eventually (at a point when he's 150 stat points ahead of someone without epic gems anyways), or all BS being 20 stats behind now?

There were suggestions to how it could have been fixed, like +77 gems for JC that require an epic gem to make along with BS sockets not being able to hold the epic gems.

When I was writing more about it, it would be balanced for the vast majority by not fixing it.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
05/12/2011 13:31Posted by Hevan

A month has gone by.

Let's check in on the progress!

Ooh, what a surprise! 0 epic gems! Seems he lost that bet!

*Gameshow host smile*
*Thumbs up*
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Priest
A month has gone by.

Let's check in on the progress!

Ooh, what a surprise! 0 epic gems! Seems he lost that bet!

I wonder how much of this is J/C's just after another perk, how much is people who just like a good moan (especially 'we been nerfed, bl*zz fix me NOW!' variety), and how many people who might actually be affected. And guessing its a very small number of the latter, if any.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Both Sides have a Points since JC is indeed behind in Stats now, granting only +49 Attribute Bonus in comparison to BS which is ahead by a 100 bonus at the time when epic Gems become affordable. (topic starter's points) and the others have a point aswell, since it'S not like right now everyone is fully epic gemmed (I myself may be a slight exception that proves the rule).

So I think it would be fair if there were either new recipes/stuff for the old professions to match Bs or an update to the previous ones. (e.g. Flask of Enchancement granting +100, and Ring Enchant granting +50 Attribute Bonus) but not right now, only after some months.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
The amount of duplicated red gems in the market kinda speed up the process of people being fully epic gemed (tough shameless to say Im not one of them) and quite screwing the plan of people being in full epic gems only after a long long time.

The required step I guess would be to make epic gems more accessable in legit ways (aka not getting the duped gems) and buff all proffs accordingly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]