Moonkin pvp survivability equals zero

85 Night Elf Druid
Hello everyone, this is my second thread about the moonkin survivability
If you compare the balance druid survivability with any other class or spec you can say that moonkins have very low survivability. Due the lack of abilities that are effective in pvp, a balance druid is an easy target to kill. Even when you are quite good geared still you have to struggle to keep yourself alive.

Have you ever tried fighting a rogue in a plain field? You won't escape and will be dead within a few moments. Or remember the times that you faced an equal geared deathknight, oh those horrible moments of trying to escape those slowing effects.

It comes down to this:

I feel really bad about the moonkin pvp as it is today. Ive been playing balance ever since I started playing this game. It was quite good and I was a challenge to my enemies. Until cataclysm came...Not only did the cataclysm change the face of the world but it also changed the face of Moonkin pvp forever. I believe that Balance druids have poor defensive abilities. What do we have?:
Barkskin...

thats about it I guess. Indeed we have roots and cyclone wich are handy against melee. But still I don't feel like it's very effective and really helps me alot. Also typhoon is useless...the knockback doesn't help you at all...

If you push a feral druid away -> you get leaped.
If you push a warrior away ->you get charged
If you push a rogue away -> rogue will shadowstep
If you push a deathknight away -> you will get deathgripped

I like the idea of a pushback but our enemies always have a counter attack
We also don't have that many slowing effects, we have the Mushrooms wich were a nice addition to the moonkin gameplay but I also don't feel like they could be of great matter because it simply takes to long to put all the mushrooms on the right position. And the slowing effect can easly be avoided. Besides that we have our daze effect from typhoon wich lasts 6 seconds...but it doesnt matter! because melee will use one of the abilities from above.

My conclusion:

Moonkin is a great class and I love to play it. There is nothing wrong with it in PVE, it's a very competitive spec on that area. But in PVP...it's a disaster...
I'm not someone who is complaining about everything and that the game is screwed like there are so many...I'm just saying these facts.

If you don't agree with what I said in this post, feel free to share your own opinion.
(Ofcourse if you know anything about moonkins)

If you

Reply Quote
41 Troll Druid
nice post dude but u forget one thing.
blizzard don't care. data has been a fail expansion.
lets hope for mop and gg.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
ps. get a macro for the shapeshift moonkin to moonkin, that wipes the slowing effects.
I still think its a learn to play issue, we are really strong in RBG still and if your unable to do a push-back as a nightelf, shadowmeld straight after and instant start casting a clone, its not hard and as soon as they realise your casting its 0.3 sec away and boooooom your off.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
By Uqt:

ps. get a macro for the shapeshift moonkin to moonkin, that wipes the slowing effects.I still think its a learn to play issue, we are really strong in RBG still and if your unable to do a push-back as a nightelf, shadowmeld straight after and instant start casting a clone, its not hard and as soon as they realise your casting its 0.3 sec away and boooooom your off.

Even if he cast shadowmeld after knockback, its a strong posibility that the feral, warrior, death knight, rogue etc have a bleed on him...which will break shadowmeld.
Edited by Avetar on 12/12/2011 23:35 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
They might as well delete the class altogether.

Moonkin sucks in pvp, 4.3 is starting to destroy them in PvE.
Resto sucks in pvp, 4.3 also destroyed them in pve.
Feral kitty was always behind other melee dps even on fights where they can use shred. Completely outshined by rogues in pvp.

Only bear tanks are actually viable right now...

Whereas paladins who are the other multi-purpose class are getting buffs all over, retri got buffed, holy got buffed, protection was the must have MT for 2 tiers...

It's obvious they don't want druids to be even remotely close to paladins.
Edited by Pinus on 13/12/2011 00:25 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Feral kitty...Completely outshined by rogues in pvp.

I disagree on this part, both are at good spot. But yes rogues are more common on higher levels if you meant that (that doesn't mean feral PvP needs a buff though). Rest you got the point.

On thread; I do agree with your statement. Moonkins had major issues with survival and quite big cast times pre 4.3, now with new melee buff it's quite insane. Rated Battlegrounds was one way to shine as moonkin when it comes to PvP, I'm yet to try it this season but I'm very sceptical due to melee buff, rogue lockout was already an issue before 10% and new daggers. I imagine that something like Combat Readiness which rogues have would help greatly.
Edited by Jilon on 13/12/2011 21:03 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
12/12/2011 16:59Posted by Naghzul
Ive been playing balance ever since I started playing this game. It was quite good and I was a challenge to my enemies.

Somehow Blizzard are absolutely NOT interested in Moonkins in PvP. Only situations in which moonkins were a decent /never "top"/ PvP class - was when we had some extra-hard hitting spell... and that somehow was always a top priority for Blizz to "fix".

All "efforts" at making this spec viable in PvP are absolutely chaotic and downright mediocre. Don't know who's in charge of this in blizzard, but the job he does is absolutely sub-par. Mushrooms anyone?! :-)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]