[A/N-RP] Mardenholde Dawn: Pets are for the Living

100 Human Death Knight
When she returns your watch, maybe. ;)
Reply Quote
96 Draenei Warrior
Like that will happen. I'll die of old age before then.
Reply Quote
96 Draenei Warrior
Also, on a totally unrelated matter, it's actually annoying the hell out of me that we can't go batter some forsaken.

They're pure evil. Completely evil and should be destroyed. I don't see why the Crusade needs to wait for some NPC to give permission to destroy them. Or at least stop them from spreading the new plague around different lands. :[
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Also, on a totally unrelated matter, it's actually annoying the hell out of me that we can't go batter some forsaken.

They're pure evil. Completely evil and should be destroyed. I don't see why the Crusade needs to wait for some NPC to give permission to destroy them. Or at least stop them from spreading the new plague around different lands. :[

You're welcome to start in Gilneas. *nods*
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
The main reason we're sitting around on our backsides when it comes to the Forsaken at this time is that -- well, we can't quite change the existing front lines much since the game world does not update to accommodate our story development.

I'd love to do stories with Forsaken side groups, stopping their evil(tm) plots (or failing to), but we bump into another wall there -- namely that there are so relatively few Forsaken roleplayers compared to the massive onslaught of Alliance side Lordaeron survivors who want a piece of them.

Must mull on this more.
Reply Quote
96 Draenei Warrior
Needs more cowbell. Bump.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I see no reason for the Brotherhood of Light to not try to destroy the Forsaken plagues and blights, and interfere with their employment of val'kyries.

Argent Dawn is a lawful good organization. They dislike evil and want to keep Azeroth safe from evil, may it be the Undead, or completely alien forces. As proved in the pre-Burning Crusade events.

I doubt that the brave Argent Dawn care enough for politics to stop being this order that does good, even if they're joined with the Silver hand, and started to call themselves a crusade.

Wherever evil is, may it be in Lordaeron, Northrend, Kingdom of Azeroth, Kalimdor, or even Outlands, the Argent Dawn is there to hold it back and protect Azeroth. Beware, villains!

Now the fearsome Forsaken brew plagues and blights that may destroy our world?
Is the Argent Dawn going to sit and idle? I think not!

Edit: Double post
Edited by Mussé on 03/03/2012 08:44 GMT
Reply Quote
96 Draenei Warrior
Also, don't forget this, plate users.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3161448548

It's a guide of the Argent gear. I'd suggest that people go get it.

As for mail gear:

http://wowroleplaygear.com/2011/05/08/desolation-battlegear/

Same place as the above gear.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Two points.

One being, the Argent Dawn and the Argent Crusade may be close affiliates but they are indeed two separate organisations with two separate leaders. The Dawn, lead by Tyrosus, is more or less bed buddies with the Brotherhood of Light, and they are both largely Alliance operations. The Crusade, on the other hand, is the 'nice' kid of the family that keeps its hands clean. It's far more likely that the Argent Dawn and the Brotherhood of Light will go stomp Forsaken outposts than Fordring's boys will.

The other point is of course, that we do indeed use NPC Forsaken, so to speak, in our storylines. What we try to avoid is to force Forsaken guilds into being our bad guys unless they themselves are up for it; Akru made a quite compelling argument a while back about how half the Alliance seems to think that the Hand of Agony exists for them to have something to beat on, for example. Everyone's quite busy at this time preparing for the Borderlands campaign too, I imagine.

One thing I -would- like to see more of would be us going up against Alliance side guilds. Every other noble seems to have his own private army intended to 'liberate' Lordaeron these days -- but most of them do not seem interested in playing out conflicts with guilds on their own faction side.
Reply Quote
96 Draenei Warrior
That being said, the Templars are actually a Dawn contingent. However, orders are orders as far as chain of command is concerned.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
03/03/2012 09:54Posted by Koriandr
It's far more likely that the Argent Dawn and the Brotherhood of Light will go stomp Forsaken outposts than Fordring's boys will

I have most certainly never liked Fordring. In WotLK he turned from an awesome and deep character to a shallow Marry Sue. In my own humble opinion.

But, he do surprise me. Why would a character, formerly do devoted to do good let the crimes of the Forsaken go unpunished? Without even warning them? I am no lore expect when it comes to the Crusade. But should they do something?

Akru made a quite compelling argument a while back about how half the Alliance seems to think that the Hand of Agony exists for them to have something to beat on

I do not believe that it'd be proper for anyone tied to a lore faction to try to do anything ICly that the organization in question would not support.

Other than that, Akru's feelings about that is most understandable. I felt the same when we moved to Kalimdor. Everyone believe they are special and are to be treated as the worst threat <insert guild, faction, area, or whatnot> ever have seen. They are obviously to slaughter the people involved and emerge victorious without question.

I'm afraid I know too much of that.

One thing I -would- like to see more of would be us going up against Alliance side guilds. Every other noble seems to have his own private army intended to 'liberate' Lordaeron these days -- but most of them do not seem interested in playing out conflicts with guilds on their own faction side.

That wasn't always the case. Some years ago various Lordaeronian orders claimed and defended various areas of Lordaeron, and eventually waged war against eachother. It was quite interesting to see and experience.
Edited by Mussé on 03/03/2012 10:12 GMT
Reply Quote
96 Draenei Warrior
Definately something that needs more discussion internally. Not having a war to fight can be a bit strange in a game devoted to war.

Thing is, the reason why I'm a little antsy about it is because I can't see Fordring doing -anything- in Mists. It's all about Pandaria and stuff. I can't see where the Crusade factors into it. They had nothing to do in TBC either, which only says to me that their time to shine is gone.

EIDT:

Point is, I think we need to start contacting faction neutral/ evil guilds and going to war with them. It's the whole purpose of the Crusade to eliminate threats that have no bearing on diplomacy.
Edited by Marcaidius on 03/03/2012 10:36 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
03/03/2012 10:15Posted by Marcaidius
Point is, I think we need to start contacting faction neutral/ evil guilds and going to war with them. It's the whole purpose of the Crusade to eliminate threats that have no bearing on diplomacy.

Well, hello there, Mr. Squid.

Say, did I ever told you about Grim Dawn?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3313135450

We're always open for new contacts. :)
Reply Quote
96 Draenei Warrior
I would very much like to squirt my ink on you. I mean hit you with a hammer. O_o I think we need to pay a visit to Desolace.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
03/03/2012 11:27Posted by Marcaidius
I would very much like to squirt my ink on you. I mean hit you with a hammer. O_o I think we need to pay a visit to Desolace.

You're most welcom-...

I mean..

Enter... at your peril.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
The main reason I'ven't considered getting touch with the Grim Dawn is in fact its being Kalimdor based. That said, the idea of a visit to Kalimdor, possibly after the Borderlands Campaign, has been floating around for a while. There is that Felwood that needs a bit of a mopping up and all.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
03/03/2012 14:52Posted by Koriandr
That said, the idea of a visit to Kalimdor, possibly after the Borderlands Campaign, has been floating around for a while.

You'd be most welcome, on my account. I've always liked Argent RP and I've found that most Argent RPers are quite nice people, now, three years ago, and six years ago.

Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
It's a little too quiet in Hearthglen of late, and we do seem a bit understaffed in the priest department. Ever thought of packing away your Alliance scripture and heading up north to say a prayer with Mr Light Himself, Tiron Fordring?
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
We'll be in Stormwind (of all places) tonight, flying the Argent banners and poking people's consciences with sticks; it's Argent Awareness day. Hunt us down for a chat or to ask those questions you always wanted -- or to get a genuine crusader's autograph if that's your fancy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]