Roll up! Roll up! All the fun of the Faire!

(Locked)

Customer Service
While the Darkmoon Faire has been gracing us with its presence since Patch 1.6, Patch 4.3 brings some major changes to the event including a brand new location! Come with us now on a journey through the weird and the mysterious as we explore what the Faire has to offer!

Highlights of the Faire
Replica Dungeon Tier items for Transmogrification.
New mounts and pets to purchase.
PvP Arena.
Quests to boost professions.
Mini-games.
A petting zoo!

When is it on?
The Darkmoon Faire continues with its usual cycle and will be available to visit once a month for a week. Please check your in-game calendar for the dates of when it is next scheduled to appear.

How do I get there?
When the Faire is available, mystical NPCs will appear in every major city and by speaking to them, you will be transported to the nearest Darkmoon Faire portal. Stepping through this will take you to Darkmoon Isle and once you are there, just follow the arrows to find the Faire!

What is there to do?
If you are stuck on where to go once you have arrived at the Darkmoon Faire, speak to one of the Darkmoon Faire Greeters at the entrance or by the main portal and they’ll let you know what’s going on and point you in the right direction.
Customer Service
A guide to adventuring, the Darkmoon Faire way!
Players will be able to pick up a new item at the Darkmoon Faire called “The Darkmoon Adventurer’s Guide”. This item will allow players to obtain rare items when raiding, running dungeons or participating in Battlegrounds. Turning in these items at the Faire rewards them with reputation, experience and Darkmoon Prize Tickets.

Where do I get this Darkmoon Adventurer’s Guide?
Speaking to a Mystic Mage in any major city or outside the Darkmoon Faire portal and completing the subsequent breadcrumb will grant a player access to the Adventurer’s Guide.
We are aware that there is an issue with some players getting this quest. More information can be found in our Support Article here:
http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_GB&tag=EU55746

My character isn't being offered the "The Darkmoon Faire" quest, and I cannot get the Darkmoon Adventurer's Guide as a result.
Players who have, in previous years, completed the breadcrumb quest "The Darkmoon Faire" will be unable to accept this quest again with the new Faire. This means that older players will be unable to receive five of the new "Darkmoon Prize Tickets" and also unable to obtain the "Darkmoon Adventurer's Guide", which is required for several quests including "Test your Strength".
Players that have previously completed "The Darkmoon Faire" will, however, be able to simply request a new Darkmoon Adventurer's Guide from the "Darkmoon Faire Greeter" NPCs standing outside the Darkmoon Faire portal in either Mulgore or Elywnn Forest, or from "Selina Dourman" just inside the Faire entrance.

I lost my guide! Can I get another?
Speak to a NPC at the information booth at the entrance to the Faire and they will happy replace your missing tome. Please note that after the Faire finishes if you lose the guide, you will have to wait for the Faire to return before getting another.

Why can’t I see Darkmoon Faire items in Dungeons/Raids/Battleground?
Firstly you will need to ensure that you have the Adventurer’s Guide in your inventory. Keep in mind that items which drop from Dungeons/Raids/Battlegrounds happen all the time regardless of whether the Faire is in town or not. Please also bear in mind that these drops are not 100% guaranteed and there is only a chance that you will see one drop from a boss.

Can I trade these items?
Items which drop from normal or Cataclysm Heroic dungeons are not soulbound and may be traded, sold on the Auction House or sent to alts. Keep in mind though that only one of these items drops at a time. Items from Cataclysm Raids will be soulbound on pickup but will be multi-drop.

Can I hand in multiple versions of these quest items?
You will only be able to hand in one of each artifact per month. However if you obtain them, you can hand in all 9 artifacts at the same time.
Edited by Nephadne on 09/12/2011 10:40 GMT
Customer Service
Professional Questing
As well as plenty of mini-games to play at the Faire, there’s work to be done too! Players will find various NPCs dotted about who require their help in maintaining the carnival atmosphere and by assisting them in their tasks, they’ll be able to boost your profession skills!

Which profession skills are available?
All current professions have a corresponding quest found within the grounds of Darkmoon Faire.

How many skill points do we get?
Successful completion of the quest will grant the player 5 skill points in that respective profession.

How many times can we do the quest?
You can complete a specific profession quest once a month. Bear in mind that you will only be able to obtain quests relating to the professions you have learned.

Are there any other rewards from completing the profession quests?
As well as gaining skill points, you will also be able to gain reputation, experience, Darkmoon Prize Tickets and Darkmoon Game Tokens.

Why is a quest not available for a specific profession I have just learned?
Each quest requires a minimum skill level of 75 before it is offered.
Customer Service
Frequently Asked Questions

What can I use my "Tattered Darkmoon Faire Prize Tickets" for?
Unfortunately these are no longer usable and can only be sold to a vendor. New Prize Tickets can be obtained from Darkmoon Island.

As a Healer, how can I complete the quest "Test Your Strength"?
This quest can be completed in both PvE and PvP environments so, if PvP situations aren't awarding the necessary credit, healer classes may want to try completing the quest by killing PvE mobs instead.

Where can I hand in my Darkmoon Faire Trophies?
The quests from the old Darkmoon Faire are no longer available, so players unfortunately won't be able to hand these items in for reputation any more.

I'm stuck with the special Darkmoon Faire action bars! Help?
Druids, or classes and characters with any sort of shape shifting ability, may cause the Darkmoon UI's to replace their own. This can be fixed using the following script; /console ReloadUI
Customer Service
It's back!

But unfortunately, some players are experiencing issues with quests/achievements/pets.

Darkmoon Faire - Known Issues
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3161499235

We are aware of issues affecting the Darkmoon Faire which opened again in Azeroth today, particularly regarding the monthly quests and some related achievements.

Our teams are investigating the issue and would like to assure you that we are working hard to solve the issue.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may be causing.
Customer Service
The Faire has returned!

Please be aware that any player who has partially completed the following Darkmoon Faire achievements may find them reset.

Darkmoon Defender
Darkmoon Dungeoneer
Darkmoon Despoiler

Players who have fully completed these achievements will not be affected. Unfortunately we will be unable to assist players in the recovery of used items and we apologise for any trouble caused.

For information about any current known issues with the faire, please check our community post here.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3313133019
Blizzard Employee
February’s Darkmoon Faire achievement progress status was cleared prior to the launch of March's faire. Any achievements that were started but not completed have had their criteria reset. Completed achievements are unaffected. We previously announced that this was resolved for this month and going forward, unfortunately, that did not happen and this is still being investigated for a resolution.

The following achievements are most likely impacted:

Darkmoon Defender
Darkmoon Dungeoneer
Darkmoon Despoiler

Regrettably, we are not able to restore any progress you may have made during February's faire. We understand the impact this may have had and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Edited by Nephadne on 02/04/2012 16:14 BST
Blizzard Employee
Update

We understand, from a number of incoming reports, that players that hadn’t already completed the above achievements in full may have been experiencing similar progress resets again this month.

This is being investigated once more, and we can only apologise again for any annoyance or adverse impact caused.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]