85 Draenei Shaman
Hi
the population on the horde side Azjol-nerub is very very low
fresh blood is more then welcome

kind regards
a-n
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Deport all the gnomes to the Horde I say. That should sort all sorts of problems out.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
^
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
k
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
wtb free migration to horde!! :(
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I *strongly* support this request.

Still.

I have posted similar requests last year & received confirming blue posts that the requests were noted, but the silence has been deafening ever since.

FREE MIGRATION to Azjol-Nerub is URGENTLY required. Thank you.
Edited by Glaurung on 21/01/2012 20:24 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Also, feel free to merge servers with low *active* population, I'd say. I guess Azjol has a zillion abandoned accounts, being one of the oldest servers: I wouldn mind coming online and finding our little remaining Horde community on a different server...?

Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
22/01/2012 15:41Posted by Glaurung
Also, feel free to merge servers with low *active* population, I'd say. I guess Azjol has a zillion abandoned accounts, being one of the oldest servers: I wouldn mind coming online and finding our little remaining Horde community on a different server...?

The problem is that Azjol-Nerub stands with a strong Alliance player base in a Horde dominated BG. Opening a free-transfer to Horde would make more imbalances to the Blackout Battlegroup. On a personal note I wouldn't mind at all a merge with another server, bringing in some fresh blood to us old remnants still here.

However, with the coming RealID-raid, atleast I, with many friends that have server transfered, will be able to raid with old lads again (if I would had the time >_>)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
24/01/2012 17:16Posted by Grishnàk

The problem is that Azjol-Nerub stands with a strong Alliance player base in a Horde dominated BG. Opening a free-transfer to Horde would make more imbalances to the Blackout Battlegroup. On a personal note I wouldn't mind at all a merge with another server, bringing in some fresh blood to us old remnants still here.

However, with the coming RealID-raid, atleast I, with many friends that have server transfered, will be able to raid with old lads again (if I would had the time >_>)

im amazed your still alive grish, i thought the flying corehounds would have eaten you by now
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
The Blackout Battlegroup doesn't exist. I've come across plenty of realms in BG's which weren't in the original list. That excuse doesn't cut it, and I'd go so far as to say that it wasn't the real reason back in the day.

Blizz could offer up free migration from an overpopulated horde server to this one, but I struggle to believe that anyone would take up the option because Blizzard have done nothing to dissuade people from being on the more popular faction.

There's too many advantages (choice of guild, better economy, bigger pool of players to draw from, etc..) while there's only one advantage as far as I'm aware on being on the underpopulated side, and that's getting into the PvP zone all the time. But really, who is going to transfer to play TB?

Maybe if TB was decent, and maybe if it offered up the amount of advantages WG used to in the previous expansion, you might see people tempted, but the zone itself really has been an overall disappointment in this expansion.

Server merge? The cynic in me says it's not going to happen; partly because it would require a fair chunk of work, and partly because of the "negative" PR that would occur from stories about the number of servers decreasing.

Blizz could of course trumpet coming up with new technology that allowed them to make bigger servers and that was the reason for merges, but saying such a thing is probably beyond them.

Why anyone should have any faith in Blizz in solving this issue I don't know, considering it wasn't until the end of WotLK that they acknowledged this was a problem, and any and all solutions so far have been pathetic.

All talking to a blue does, is get you a link to the suggestion forums, where your post will sink without a trace.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
im amazed your still alive grish, i thought the flying corehounds would have eaten you by now

Oi! I tried to get in contact with you, but since you were raiding all the time it was easier to get the RNG Vial of Sand than getting a /w from you!

The Blackout Battlegroup doesn't exist. I've come across plenty of realms in BG's which weren't in the original list. That excuse doesn't cut it, and I'd go so far as to say that it wasn't the real reason back in the day.

Blizz could offer up free migration from an overpopulated horde server to this one, but I struggle to believe that anyone would take up the option because Blizzard have done nothing to dissuade people from being on the more popular faction.

There's too many advantages (choice of guild, better economy, bigger pool of players to draw from, etc..) while there's only one advantage as far as I'm aware on being on the underpopulated side, and that's getting into the PvP zone all the time. But really, who is going to transfer to play TB?

Maybe if TB was decent, and maybe if it offered up the amount of advantages WG used to in the previous expansion, you might see people tempted, but the zone itself really has been an overall disappointment in this expansion.

Server merge? The cynic in me says it's not going to happen; partly because it would require a fair chunk of work, and partly because of the "negative" PR that would occur from stories about the number of servers decreasing.

Blizz could of course trumpet coming up with new technology that allowed them to make bigger servers and that was the reason for merges, but saying such a thing is probably beyond them.

Why anyone should have any faith in Blizz in solving this issue I don't know, considering it wasn't until the end of WotLK that they acknowledged this was a problem, and any and all solutions so far have been pathetic.

All talking to a blue does, is get you a link to the suggestion forums, where your post will sink without a trace.

What happened to the happy Fleetey?`:( I agree with you regarding the server-matter, however, regarding the Blackout BG, I really did get that answer from a GM ingame, though it was quite a while ago (maybe even before Cataclysm). I am still stuck in ancient times >_>
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I can be both happy and cynical.

The battlegroups are gone; what is set up with the current BG system is that it will attempt to partner you with people from your own realm, then realms that ... I don't know...are closer to some....server thing so some realms don't suffer lag against each other.

That was how some of the battlegroups were set-up originally, which means for the most part, you still fight people from realms (outside of the times you fight the French or German realms) that were from the Blackout collective.

I've no doubt a blue said that to you. He might have believed it himself, but then there were PvE realms in the Blackout group that had a large horde population and a small alliance population. What reason could there be for not allowing that transfer?

Plus, Al'Akir alliance I'm pretty sure were allowed to FCM away to Archimonde (spelling?), a server outside the blackout battlegroup; there seems to be some contradiction with regards to not allowing horde to join because the horde population was too big, but letting alliance go off.

That's all in the past anyhow.

However, considering Blizz's only real solution since TBC has been to offer FCM from highly populated factions to what are effectively "dead" (for want of a better word) factions and that this has never really worked, then one can't help but feel somewhat slightly peeved with regards to Blizzards response on this matter.

Plus, this problem has gotten steadily worse, not just with regards to the horde population on this server (to the best of my knowledge, I can't remember a time there has been FCM to this server, which means for all the feedback people have provided, it has been ultimately ignored), but the number of other servers that have seen a faction's population decrease dramtically.

As way of an example, you can check out the thread on Outland FCM and the number of other servers asking for FCM to them.

tl;dr FCM didn't cut it 2-3 expansions ago, and still continues to be an inadequate solution.

Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
To my mind, the main problem is caused by having a dual faction for pvp purposes. If they'd just let horde and alliance team up, be in same guilds, etc. for PvE purposes (yes I know what you're all yelling now) and be treated as opposite factions only for pvp purposes, then these issues on PvE servers wouldn't arise to this extent.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
You have a point there, Thete...

This devide would be based on the game's story line, I guess. It might be something to work around, though - there appears to be a number of servers with very low Horde population and *something* has to be done.

Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Bump!

http://wow.realmpop.com/eu-azjolnerub.html

Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I struggle to believe that there's near 6000 horde level 85's who are active, although I'm slightly amused that there might be as many human 85's as there are horde at 85.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
approved
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]