Thoughts on a new ability type and nameing.

90 Troll Hunter
KGS
Hello Internet :)

I found myself thinking of a new type of ability that could be interesting to see implemented into the the game in some future exp. ("WoW - Ethereals Gone Wild" perhaps?)

The ability would function as a sort of movement impairing effect with a twist. It would be used as any other ability you cast on unfriendly target, but instead of rooting, slowing, dazing or whatever else, it would limit your area of movement within specific confines. Be that a point on the ground or perhaps even something unstationary, like a player. Say, the ability may look something like this in practice:

"Leash
The targeted enemy becomes leashed to you, and will be unable to move further than 6 yards away from your location for x amount of seconds"

In this implimentation the targeted enemy would be forced to be 6 yards or less away from you, regardless of where you moved. Obviously there would be kinks to iron out, such as what happens to a cast the enemy was performing while suddenly being "dragged" along the ground etc.

Now before you go "amagad my class needs buffing trollololol" i'm only calling the ability Leash, because i've been thinking about it from a hunter perspective. It may just as well be implemented for any other class. Say for warlocks the ability could be called "Prison of the Mind", where the target is forced to stay within 6 yards of a given location. (perhaps even with the ability to port them to the casting locks portal thingo?)

Dunno, the possiblities are numerous imo.
I'd like some thoughts on how this ability could be improved, potential naming to fit specific classes and also perhaps a discussion on how this ability could be used in existing comps and whatnot :)

Keep it clean, don't get banned. If you don't like the thread, feel free to move along, but do so without spoiling the fun for whomever might want to discuss this.
Kind regards,
Hunter, Everyone of Boulderfist-eu
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
KGS
Hi again. :)

I posted the above thread a loooong time ago, and what I describe seems uncannily similar to the new level 90 hunter ability (Binding Shot). To the best of my knowledge, at the time of writing the aforementioned post, no information had yet been leaked about hunter level 90 abilities, and this leads me to cautiously hope, or at least speculate that my post may have inspired somebody.
Either that, or an extremely lucky call?

Uhm, is it possible for the Blues to confirm or debunk whether the above post had anything at all to do with the inspiration going into the new hunter ability?
Purely out of curiosity :D

Kind regards,
Hunter, Everyone of Boulderfist-eu
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Hello.

Let me start off saying that I think your original post was great,
but that is not why I post now.

I have no knowledge regarding the future hunter abilities what so ever.

But I just realized something ...

You chose to start off with "Hello Internet", because if you said "Hello Everyone", you would be talking to yourself?

Amirite? huh? huuh?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
KGS
16/02/2012 14:54Posted by Retarjoe
You chose to start off with "Hello Internet", because if you said "Hello Everyone", you would be talking to yourself?

Haha, yup, you got it:P

My name has been the cause of many a confusion in-game.

Suffice to say, in the immortal words of deadlybossmods: "Anub'arak persues Everone".. ..Queue panic! xD
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
16/02/2012 14:58Posted by Everyone
Suffice to say, in the immortal words of deadlybossmods: "Anub'arak persues Everone".. ..Queue panic! xD

Haha, I could imagine.

That is just a +1 name... Wish there was a way to rate stuff like that. :-(

Or, "Everyone won [Staff of awesomesauce]"
- "Everyone received [Staff of awesomesauce]"

- Wut? :O
Edited by Retarjoe on 16/02/2012 15:06 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
KGS
16/02/2012 15:02Posted by Retarjoe
That is just a +1 name

Thank you man:)

or emoting anything is quite amusing in LFR :P
/lick
eeeeuuuwww
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
KGS
Speedbump :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]