Account-wide mounts

(Locked)

80 Human Mage
Greetings fellow WoW enthusiasts!

First let me clear off that, yes, I did use the search function before posting this thread, and I felt like bumping a 10 months old thread would be just wrong.

So I have been longing for all mounts to become BoA for a long time now.
First let me explain a little bit about myself in WoW.

So since around mid-wotlk I grew tired of playing my paladin, and noticed a stribing level 70 community playing rated arenas, BGs popping all day and all night, and just a generally good community to be part of. I made a mage and leveled to 70 and have been playing 70 ever since.
Why? Not because I think playing 70 is super awesome, but because I grew tired of playing my 80 paladin.

I haven't experienced any end-game content of Cataclysm simply because I am tired of playing my paladin.
-"Why don't you just level a new character if you're tired of playing your paladin?"
Well the answer is simple. I have some mounts and achievements on my paladin that simply makes me feel like it would be a waste of it to play a different character. Mainly my Scarab Lord title & mount.

So basically this is the only thing keeping me from playing end-game content. because I don't feel right wasting something I worked that hard to obtain, by not being able to use it. So I don't want to reroll, but I don't want to play that class anymore.

This very well might simply be me, but I think there are others out there who feel the same way. Let me know (Please don't be rude or post meaningless replies. I rarely post on the WoW forums, but I hope the replies will be somewhat mature, unlike what I read in most other threads)

Kind of wondering if Blizz has any plans of implementing such a feature, perhaps something that could fit with the new account-wide achievements?

TL:DR - Has blizz ever mentioned anything about Account-Wide mounts?
Hate it? Love it? (let me know why/why not)

Thank you for reading my wall of text, please keep the thread clean :)
I'd also want account-wide achievements so I can log on any character on my list and feel as valuable as my main.
5 Tauren Druid
No. Not now and surely NEVER.

85 Blood Elf Paladin
This dude is completly righ some mount should be account whide since its the player who gets them so no mather wich char its still the same player.
10 Draenei Shaman
Don't listen to the bull-man. He's being very negative. :P

In Mists of Pandaria companion pets will become account wide. During the Blizzcon Q&A someone asked if the devs would consider making mounts account-wide too. Their reply was that if the account-wide companions were well received, they'd consider doing the same for mounts as well. And heirlooms, in fact.

Also, in MoP a lot of achievements will become account-wide too, so perhaps you'll get your title back then as well.

I'll help you hope so. :)
Edited by Arysse on 13/12/2011 10:54 GMT
80 Human Mage
Thanks for your replies, also Rigardo please elaborate on your oppinion so I can try to see this from your point of view. Thanks!
90 Tauren Shaman
For me it'd be nice to have this feature, but mostly because I then don't have to worry about doing dungeon/raid runs with alts and only have mounts drop for them.

For years I've gotten no luck with the Swift Brewfest Ram, for example. But the past two Brewfests I believe I've gotten about 3 or 4 total on alts. I only really collect mounts and such on my main character...
90 Human Mage
I believe we have good reasons to assume that pets will be account wide and that achievements will be account wide in the near future.

That leaves mounts. If pets can be then surely mounts can also be (certain restrictions, race specific, faction specific or class specific mounts - else youd have an orc rogue on an alliance paladin charger just because you have a human paladin on the same realm).

That being said... I only have one concern... every time you make a new char you (currently) get all your account wide pets and mounts in the mail box. Imagine that with the gazilion pets and mounts you have on your main.
5 Tauren Druid
You want my point of view and you will have it. Your main char is the character that symbolizes you ingame, your gear, mounts, achievements, titles etc the moment all your alts can have all that your main character achieved then what's the point of having a main char? Really? Don't you see you are destroying this game bit by bit with those request? And I know blizzard will actually listen and ponder about it, but seriously think a bit and be sure if you really want this.

From my point of view this is another step into the casual abyss..

I seriously hope this will never be added.
85 Human Priest
13/12/2011 11:38Posted by Wulfrich
That being said... I only have one concern... every time you make a new char you (currently) get all your account wide pets and mounts in the mail box. Imagine that with the gazilion pets and mounts you have on your main.

I think I could deal with it. It wouldn't ruin my day.
90 Pandaren Shaman
I would certainly like some mounts to be account wide, Rivendares charger and Anzu spring to mind, having to get them more than once is pretty daunting.
5 Tauren Druid
Yes heirlooms and archaeology stuff. I am talking about the real deal smart pants.
90 Human Warlock
If you think of your characters as a family then account wide mounts and pets seem logical but if you think of them as individuals then account wide mounts and pets seems unreasonable.
85 Human Priest
13/12/2011 12:47Posted by Dottie
If you think of your characters as a family then account wide mounts and pets seem logical but if you think of them as individuals then account wide mounts and pets seems unreasonable.

This pretty much, I'd like to think that my main is in fact my main, it's done a lot of things, all of my alts are noobs, etc.

But I would like <X> and <Y> on them... personally I think it's all or nothing, if Blizzard don't implement account wide achievements then they shouldn't implement account wide anything, if they do... well then they've already set the precedent and I'd rather not come on the forums to 9 million posts per day of 'YOU DID IT WITH ACHIEVEMENTS!!!!!!111oneoneeleven'
85 Human Mage
You can buy account-wide mounts at the Blizzard store.
Community
We are going to be testing out account wide features with Pet Battles that are coming with the introduction of Mists of Pandaria. If this proves to be successful, then we may even consider doing the same thing with mounts.
Edited by Nakatoir on 13/12/2011 14:43 GMT
- CS
90 Blood Elf Mage
Pets (Also battle pets), mounts (special mounts, not your any-daily wolf @ org) and heirlooms (I think this was confirmed by a blue)

I don't think anything else should be Account-Wide to be honest.

Hope that the new heirloom system will revamp the mailboxing heirlooms :(
Edited by Saneko on 13/12/2011 14:51 GMT
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]