Account-wide mounts

(Locked)

90 Troll Warlock

To everyone who disagrees, it isn't about the character anymore. It is about the person who plays it.

Oh, so it's not World of Warcraft anymore ? It's Real Life World of Warcraft or World of Accountcraft ?

So, when are they closing RP servers, any date set yet ? I want to be there for the fireworks.

Then make it possible that the character who is listed first in the character screen gets the achievements of any other character of that server / account. This makes it possible for RPers or people who are not fund of this service to "disable" it by placing their main on the first place. If RPers decide to place an alt on that place, they can work around it by adjusting their story, for example: the alt received the mounts of a friend who died (old character) or something like that.
85 Human Warrior
Greetings fellow WoW enthusiasts!

First let me clear off that, yes, I did use the search function before posting this thread, and I felt like bumping a 10 months old thread would be just wrong.

So I have been longing for all mounts to become BoA for a long time now.
First let me explain a little bit about myself in WoW.

So since around mid-wotlk I grew tired of playing my paladin, and noticed a stribing level 70 community playing rated arenas, BGs popping all day and all night, and just a generally good community to be part of. I made a mage and leveled to 70 and have been playing 70 ever since.
Why? Not because I think playing 70 is super awesome, but because I grew tired of playing my 80 paladin.

I haven't experienced any end-game content of Cataclysm simply because I am tired of playing my paladin.
-"Why don't you just level a new character if you're tired of playing your paladin?"
Well the answer is simple. I have some mounts and achievements on my paladin that simply makes me feel like it would be a waste of it to play a different character. Mainly my Scarab Lord title & mount.

So basically this is the only thing keeping me from playing end-game content. because I don't feel right wasting something I worked that hard to obtain, by not being able to use it. So I don't want to reroll, but I don't want to play that class anymore.

This very well might simply be me, but I think there are others out there who feel the same way. Let me know (Please don't be rude or post meaningless replies. I rarely post on the WoW forums, but I hope the replies will be somewhat mature, unlike what I read in most other threads)

Kind of wondering if Blizz has any plans of implementing such a feature, perhaps something that could fit with the new account-wide achievements?

TL:DR - Has blizz ever mentioned anything about Account-Wide mounts?
Hate it? Love it? (let me know why/why not)

Thank you for reading my wall of text, please keep the thread clean :)

Im in the same position have invested alott of time into some characters but grow tierd of the class. Then it feels awfull to kinda "restart" :|
85 Night Elf Druid
You know you've got the achievements and/or the skills, why make them account wide, if you want to brag about titles etc, and no one believes you, link them your armory link. As for mounts, account wide mounts, as much as I like the idea, I think it takes away the sense of achievement by having them BoA. I know that if/when I get TLPD and PSD, I'll want them on X character, and that character will be my "showoff" character. If I also want them on my alt(s) then I guess I'll just have to farm them all over again, tough cookies. Account wide achievements/mounts, like others have said, just makes the game easier, if you want the an easy game, go play GTA and enter in all the cheats and mess around, I'm sure you'll be bored after 30ish mins. If casual players want something bad, then they should have to work for it, everyone else worked for it.
85 Goblin Shaman
I want my Ashes of Al'ar and spectral tiger on my alts. :l
85 Blood Elf Hunter
13/12/2011 14:42Posted by Nakatoir
We are going to be testing out account wide features with Pet Battles that are coming with the introduction of Mists of Pandaria. If this proves to be successful, then we may even consider doing the same thing with mounts.

This would make me so incredibly happy. :3
my main hunter is my rare collector and when I killed Ragnaros first time on my paladin, she received the mount. I would be so happy to see my fire princess hunter on a firehawk :)
Edited by Niliana on 20/12/2011 20:52 GMT
90 Blood Elf Mage
Thanks @Nakatoir nice to see that you acknowledge there's a need for this, in my opinion almost every title, mount, tabard etc anything that's a grind should be account bound, I don't mind grinding, I mean that's 99% of an MMO however what's stopping people from changing their mains is the achievements and mounts they have on it.

If you made it account wide I reckon you may see a lot more people changing their main character when they want to, which may even reduce burnout :)
90 Night Elf Hunter
Please make mounts, achievements and companion pets account wide. It is way too frustrating and not fun at all to roll alter and start doing same things over again to get the thinks you already worked for months or even years.
hate it, same with companions, lame idea, more casual= less fun
13/12/2011 14:50Posted by Saneko
special mounts
ONLY black ahn quiraj battle tank and other almost one of a kind mounts, not get a mount just cause ur a lazy !@#$%^ and wont buy it on other chars
Edited by Hagrîm on 27/01/2012 20:46 GMT
85 Human Paladin
I certainly hope TCG mounts won't be account-wide.
85 Gnome Mage
27/01/2012 20:47Posted by Aithilec
I certainly hope TCG mounts won't be account-wide.

I hope they will be!

Got a couple of TCG mounts on characters that I dont play anymore :(
86 Blood Elf Paladin
We are going to be testing out account wide features with Pet Battles that are coming with the introduction of Mists of Pandaria. If this proves to be successful, then we may even consider doing the same thing with mounts.

Would really be awesome, so annoyed to feel "forced" to play a char that I got several mounts/companions on, as a collector one does simply not reroll a new char..
85 Worgen Warlock
I'd certainly support the idea of account wide mounts. One of the reasons I'm so reluctant to create a major alt is down to not really wanting to go through the same reputation grinds that I've done on more than a few characters over the years. I'd love for mounts like the Netherwing to be account bound!
Edited by Calthric on 27/01/2012 21:33 GMT
85 Tauren Death Knight
tbh this i agree with i would like my spectral tiger on all my chars and some others tbh.
1 Troll Shaman

/sigh

Why am I not surprised?

Just when you think the game can't get anymore dumbed down, along comes the next death knell in the scrappy, tattered remains of this once-great game's heart.

Instant free mounts for alts... Another overwhelming victory for the G0gOgOGOGOGOGGOOGoGo brigade who want everything handed to them instantly on a plate for zero effort.
Edited by Grupp on 20/02/2012 19:15 GMT
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I dont see the problem i spent houers farming for a neather wing drake and skygaurd ray and countless runs for hoursmans mount in tbc. Then a new class comes out i wish to play like a monk or a death knight? and your saying i need to go back and farm days of mounts all over again?

and why?

So you can keep your mount rare just because you cant see me riding it because its on my alt?
This game currently take 1 days to clear a end game raid and i cant play an alt and get to the same point my main is in the game?

I have to get the merciless title on all my alts each season on all my toons so i can get a pvp mount for each?

I just dont see the logic i have played this game since the dawn of time now and if i wish to make a new toon at the end of an expantion when the game is pritty much reset because thats the point of the level cap to reset players. I cant use a ZA bear mount on my monk because you want to keep yours looking rare? And you are calling others casual?

Casual players stick to 1 toon do there raid pvp and dailys then log off. The hard core tend to play alt to learn other aspect of the game and to explore the diffrent classes and play styles.

Any one who thinks this will remove the rarity of mounts is very wrong and for gods sake its only a bloody mount all it dose is make me go faster its the same buff just a diffrent skin get over yourselves seriously.
80 Blood Elf Warlock
13/12/2011 12:02Posted by Rigardo
You want my point of view and you will have it. Your main char is the character that symbolizes you ingame, your gear, mounts, achievements, titles etc the moment all your alts can have all that your main character achieved then what's the point of having a main char? Really?

What if I want to level a new char to be my main? Especially when it comes to FoS I have on my shammy (which I barely play anymore) that I'll never be able to get on this one.
80 Blood Elf Warlock
20/02/2012 19:14Posted by Grupp

/sigh

Why am I not surprised?

Just when you think the game can't get anymore dumbed down, along comes the next death knell in the scrappy, tattered remains of this once-great game's heart.

Instant free mounts for alts... Another overwhelming victory for the G0gOgOGOGOGOGGOOGoGo brigade who want everything handed to them instantly on a plate for zero effort.

Players get the achievements, not characters, so why shouldn't all my toons get to share in my achievements?
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]