LFR Items - New Class Restrictions 14/12/2011

Customer Service
Some Raid Finder-specific items were recently reclassified and therefore you may find yourself in possession of an item which you are no longer able to use.

If this item replaced another and you require Game Master assistance to recover your old item, please make an in-game ticket detailing the name of the new item and the old one you would like restoring. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes affected players.

Here is a list of the items (LFR Versions ONLY) that have had new class restrictions placed upon them:

Weapons

Trinkets

Shields

Rings

Offhand

Neck

Chest

Edited by Natryndon on 19/12/2011 10:29 GMT
Reply Quote
Customer Service
<Reserved>
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Cool, that should reduce the number of obviously strange rolls :)

(Sticky) [NEW!] LFR Items - New Class Restrictions 14/13/2011

You've also managed to invent a new month ;P
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Cool, that should reduce the number of obviously strange rolls :)

(Sticky) [NEW!] LFR Items - New Class Restrictions 14/13/2011

Nah, pretty sure i saw a 13th month in The Simpsons as well :)
Reply Quote
MVP - WoW, Diablo III
85 Draenei Shaman
14/12/2011 10:57Posted by Érrin

You saw nothing Errin.... Nothing to see here... move along :)

Good changes, already seen a few complaints of Mages winning Petrified Fungal Heart
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
Ok so I had won petrified fungal heart on raid finder, I'm a mage, I reforged spirit off. I come online today and cant figure out whats going on, my il was stuck on 357, called support who couldnt work it out either, they sped up my ticket and got a gm. Found out you have reclassified this and I can no longer wear it (even though it was equipped).

Blizzards answer? Restore my previous item, I now lose out on il because you have changed the classification out on this.

Whats the chances of me winning a new neck in raid finder again? This is really out of order, if you are going to do this to people you should be switching the items to the correct classification not removing the items from them and restoring to previous items you had.

Poor show.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Poor show.
Poor show is you taking a healing trinket in the first place.

And everyone knows 14/13 is the 14th of Smarch.
Reply Quote
- CS
85 Draenei Paladin
Bethsheba - spirit isn't for you. The item has spirit as default. Therefore it is not for you.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
yes I know spirit isnt for me, can reforge it off though, not my fault blizz bugged the roll...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
14/12/2011 11:54Posted by Bethsheba
yes I know spirit isnt for me, can reforge it off though, not my fault blizz bugged the roll...

It is your fault you took an item clearly not designed for you, screwing over someone in a more demanding role, who played a bigger part in the groups success then you though.

Its all moot anyway, Blizzard have the right to make any change they like, with no warning or "compensation". And this is one you walked into with a neon sign saying "kick me" in each hand.

If it had been a DPS trinket they made class specific, Id sympathise..
Reply Quote
MVP - WoW, StarCraft II
85 Worgen Druid
I'm very glad to see this change. Now I can use the LFR tonight with a little more confidence that I won't be cheated. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
14/12/2011 12:25Posted by Danellos
I'm very glad to see this change. Now I can use the LFR tonight with a little more confidence that I won't be cheated. ;)

The glaring holes in the system is still present, especially for you, as technically speaking a Feral druid would get a role bonus for the same item.

I'm guessing this is their only short term solution because i do find it very silly that they're grandfathering this change into the system, it's ok that the mage got the item, it's not ok that he got it with a role bonus.

Spirit or not, it still can be a substantial upgrade, and since he already has it, it's kinda pointless to retroactively punish him for it.

Either way i suspect this was their only option, and i guess some fixing is better than no fixing, maybe they could've been given an item-level equivalent.
Reply Quote
MVP - WoW, StarCraft II
85 Worgen Druid
Well, a short-term solution is better than no solution at all to be fair.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Still think my suggestion was best. But, then I'm biased!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
The glaring holes in the system is still present, especially for you, as technically speaking a Feral druid would get a role bonus for the same item.

I'm guessing this is their only short term solution because i do find it very silly that they're grandfathering this change into the system, it's ok that the mage got the item, it's not ok that he got it with a role bonus.

Spirit or not, it still can be a substantial upgrade, and since he already has it, it's kinda pointless to retroactively punish him for it.

Either way i suspect this was their only option, and i guess some fixing is better than no fixing, maybe they could've been given an item-level equivalent.

Sadly I feel that due to numerous complaints about people unfairly rolling on items that should by preference go to particular roles (i.e. spirit items to healers etc), I feel that Blizzard have been backed into making this change.

I'm not saying that the item in question couldn't be a significant upgrade but say for instance (I'm going to use the example given above by Bethsheba) Petrified Fungal Heart drops; the raid is consisted of 2 tanks, 6 healers, 5 caster dps and 12 'other' dps ... the item is a significant upgrade for ALL of the healers and most of the casters - shouldn't the healers get first pick as it is technically a healer neck? Yes, spirit can always be reforged but surely if those healers NEED the item it would make sense for them to get it first?

I also realise this is what you are getting at Fiskerdin, but perhaps this was much easier coding wise as an 'instant' solution instead of having to wait for an ideal solution and in the meantime having an awful lot of people lose out on gear that would ultimately mean continued success in said raid.

Sadly it all comes down to people, in an ideal world even if a caster won the neck (as given in my example), they would choose to pass it on to the highest rolling healer. And yes, it would be a total different case if NONE of the healers needed the item - in all honesty no-one should have a problem with it then going to anyone that can use it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
RAR
14/12/2011 11:12Posted by Shammoz

You saw nothing Errin.... Nothing to see here... move along :)

Good changes, already seen a few complaints of Mages winning Petrified Fungal Heart

imo mages has use for spirit as other caster class so i dont se why its Healer only rolls o nthat now !

same with the offhand !
the sprit for me is a good stat as it gives me extra mana regen and i chang change it to hit or crit or haste or what ever need more even !! so do not make makeges that has spirit as an extra bonus be punished just cuz some ppl nag !
Reply Quote
MVP - WoW, Diablo III
85 Draenei Shaman
the sprit for me is a good stat as it gives me extra mana regen

Spirit gives Mages a very small amount of regen, you know.. to add to your evocation and your mana gem with short CD's :)

Spirit for a Mage is a tertiary stat at best and if you believe otherwise, no offense, but you don't understand your class very well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
14/12/2011 14:47Posted by Shammoz
the sprit for me is a good stat as it gives me extra mana regen

Spirit gives Mages a very small amount of regen, you know.. to add to your evocation and your mana gem with short CD's :)

Spirit for a Mage is a tertiary stat at best and if you believe otherwise, no offense, but you don't understand your class very well.

The only casters with less claim to it are Warlocks.

Eleshammies, shadowpriests and boomkins at least have the excuse that its hit.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Ah, Blizzard, you found a way to make Karma bite ninja-rollers in the butt.

I love it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Starcatcher Compass - Druid, Hunter, Shaman, Rogue

Cool story Blizzard...and what about FIXING the actual trinket?! The procc still doesn't work...
Edited by Mathius on 14/12/2011 17:16 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]