Garrosh is going to die? Yogg-Saron's Visions

90 Dwarf Paladin
3.2 Yogg-Saron Brain Room. There are three sections.

The Tourtured Champion - Yogg-Saron tells us ""He will learn... no king rules forever; only death is eternal! this same line is repeated by Mr Tenereas himself in the 3.3 ending Cinematic. Some also speculate that the "death is eternal" implies Deathwing himself.

The Creation of the Dragon Soul - Dragon Soul Creation. What do we steal in 4.3? Yogg-Saron tells us "His brood learned their lesson before too long, you shall soon learn yours!" The Black Dragonflight are all but extinct now, or it is implied. "you shall soon learn yours" could imply the upcomming war between the Alliance and the Horde. And in many ways the arms race between them.

The Assassination of King Llane - Yogg-Saron tells us "A thousand deaths... or one murder." Could this mean that he is implying that if we kill a faction leader the war will end? I originally thought that this meant Varian was going to die, But then again with the upcomming "Varian is Alliance SUperstar" quest could this mean Garrosh? I mean the vision involves an orc. But maybe, The roles have switched? Then I came across this "Your petty quarrels only make me stronger!" Now. Did the Hour of Twilight actuallly fail? Or was it the Old Gods plan to create a full-scale war between the Horde and the Alliance.

Death- Yogg-Saron tells us "The end of days is finally upon you and ALL who inhabit this miserable little seedling", This is just implying the Hour of Twilight.

Sorry about any spelling mistakes. Was in a rush.

-Frargos
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
No king rules forever. He is correct about this. Eventually, all the faction leaders (perhaps not Sylvanas) will succumb to the wrath of time, and others will take their place. The new, eventual faction leaders may not wish to fight.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
I hope Garrosh stays.

He's not as good as old Thrall but 10 times better than our new, lore raped Thrall.

Garrosh may have his flaws, a few badly written character decisisions, but he's the best Orc to ever lead since Grom Hellscream.

If there is one racial leader I want to see die, then it's Varian.

Varian and Tyrande.

MAY THEY BOTH BURN!
Edited by Malizïa on 14/12/2011 17:22 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I would like to see a Garrosh die at some point but not because I don't like him( I do, hes one of the few characters with flaws) but because it makes sense, brash warriors don't live long. I wouldnt like to see him killed in battle though, but perhaps because of some pollitical agenda. I can imagine Gallywix poisening him in order to climb the social step ladder, that'd be great.

Gallywix for president!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
A Goblin Warchief?

... I suggest doing some research on Orc psychology, culture and society :>
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
He's not as good as old Thrall but 10 times better than our new, lore raped Thrall.

Garrosh may have his flaws, a few badly written character decisisions, but he's the best Orc to ever lead since Grom Hellscream.

Thrall and Grom were the characters that made me a Horde fan.The problem about Thrall is he is nothing for me without the Horde.His whole character was built on the new Horde in W3 and thats why I loved him.Thrall always wanted a peaceful, better life for the new Horde he formed.But he always fought for his people when necessary.He was dedicated to his people not to Azeroth.He wanted peace for his race not for the sake of the world.Of course he was a good person and he cared for Azeroth too but his race was his priority and this was making him a very good racial leader in my opinion.His desire was to redeem the orcs from demonic corruption and to restore their old shamanistic culture.How can story writers possibly think settling down, marrying and having babies can be more interesting than being the passionate, dedicated racial leader with the best "For the Horde!" battlecry who is fighting for his races survival, freedom and honor.

All that Earthen Ring and the earth warder stuff about him is not interesting to me and I doubt it can be interesting to anyone who loved Thrall before his new direction.Because it is irrelevant to his character developed in W3.His character development in wow is changing his traits which people actually loved him for.Him becoming purged of his rage and other mortal emotions and becoming flawless are not helping at all.How can he lead the Horde when he doesn't have these emotions and how can we actually like him leading us when he isn't a person with humanoid feelings.He isn't one of us anymore, he became someting different then a mortal in the story.He even addresses us as "mortals" in the aspects short story, because he doesn't feel like one anymore.

I prefer Garrosh over this new Thrall too.But there were other characters I liked more who could become warchief.I always loved Drek'thar and now I love him more after completing the quest he is involved.But unfortunately he is too old to become a warchief as we see in the same quest.Saurfang is another orc I love and respect that could be the new warchief but he is completely forgotten these days just like Rexxar.
Reply Quote
55 Dwarf Death Knight
15/12/2011 01:42Posted by Dragnel
he is completely forgotten these days just like Rexxar.

Please dont ever mention Rexxar again on these forums just incase the Devs read it and remember he exists. I think it is best all round if he is left on Outland where we can remember him for what he was.

Imagine what the current lore team would do to him :< He'd be going insane and we'd be killing him in a raid by 5.1 patch.

No, I think it's far better that Rexxar is left hidden away out of sight and out of the minds of blizzard.

Please dont ruin my Rezzar :(
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Imagine what the current lore team would do to him :< He'd be going insane and we'd be killing him in a raid by 5.1 patch.

I don't think that will happen but the only thing I'm worried about is they'll make him lolneutral in MoP along with his old companion Chen Stormstout.He'll probably get his title changed from "Champion of the Horde" to "World-champion" so that he can be another boring neutral world character.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
MMR
I hope Garrosh stays.

This x100.
Reply Quote
40 Undead Warlock

Thrall and Grom were the characters that made me a Horde fan.The problem about Thrall is he is nothing for me without the Horde.His whole character was built on the new Horde in W3 and thats why I loved him.Thrall always wanted a peaceful, better life for the new Horde he formed.But he always fought for his people when necessary.He was dedicated to his people not to Azeroth.He wanted peace for his race not for the sake of the world.Of course he was a good person and he cared for Azeroth too but his race was his priority and this was making him a very good racial leader in my opinion.His desire was to redeem the orcs from demonic corruption and to restore their old shamanistic culture.How can story writers possibly think settling down, marrying and having babies can be more interesting than being the passionate, dedicated racial leader with the best "For the Horde!" battlecry who is fighting for his races survival, freedom and honor.

All that Earthen Ring and the earth warder stuff about him is not interesting to me and I doubt it can be interesting to anyone who loved Thrall before his new direction.Because it is irrelevant to his character developed in W3.His character development in wow is changing his traits which people actually loved him for.Him becoming purged of his rage and other mortal emotions and becoming flawless are not helping at all.How can he lead the Horde when he doesn't have these emotions and how can we actually like him leading us when he isn't a person with humanoid feelings.He isn't one of us anymore, he became someting different then a mortal in the story.He even addresses us as "mortals" in the aspects short story, because he doesn't feel like one anymore.

I prefer Garrosh over this new Thrall too.But there were other characters I liked more who could become warchief.I always loved Drek'thar and now I love him more after completing the quest he is involved.But unfortunately he is too old to become a warchief as we see in the same quest.Saurfang is another orc I love and respect that could be the new warchief but he is completely forgotten these days just like Rexxar.

Amen. I hate it when people act like Thrall instantly became a hippie after WC 3. He didnt. He preserved peace, and allowed his people to flourish. The changes started coming in WOTLK/Cata, and THATS when he became this peace-loving, omnipotent shaman-king.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I hope Garrosh stays, the way Horde story is evolving atm is great. Horde lets call them "heros" all have flaws un like alliance ones.

If Horde lose the war due to this errors i am all with it, if Horde wins due to some mary sue varian like thing it would be a disaster.

I hope Blizzard sees the same thing.
Reply Quote
14/12/2011 17:01Posted by Frargos
Did the Hour of Twilight actuallly fail? Or was it the Old Gods plan to create a full-scale war between the Horde and the Alliance.
The Hour of Twilight certainly did fail.

now that it has failed though the old gods still have the horde/alliance rivalry card to play, since the heroes stopped their biggest attempt so far. Who would have known Deathwing himself was the living bomb, the cataclysm to destroy all life, it was the corruption inside him that would go supernova on cast as the maddening voices of the old gods in his head intensify his insanity to melting point.

The old gods though very crafty, beyond human comprehension, similar to the devil and his demons, have one simple goal, end life, anything that will increase your suffering, lead to your death works in their favor. Every fight, every sin, every argument, hatred of one another, abuse all of it works to their ends, which is your destruction. However there is hope for you, for as malevolent and powerful as they are, you have greater in you. You have the Light within you (our equivalent is God/Christ within you, and the power of the highest to aid you if you would let the light shine through you. If you yield to it, surrender to it (you have to surrender to goodness/the light our version is God/Christ - only then can you tap the full potnetial which comes from God (the light) for which you were made for.

it's not hard really :) . You've helped stop the cataclysm, but if you don't stop fighting each other, it may lead to the same thing, old gods win again. Once that fails, they'll try something else. The question is, will it ever end? In our world i.e. (the real life, - this constant cycle ends when Christ returns, which is when God decides that it is enough), in wow, it will either end with the world destroyed or the heroes somehow destroying or removing the threat of the old gods from their world permanently, probably will involve the titans.

My biggest thing is that the old gods hand is been played too often.we shouldn't hear that often about them, even though everything might be the old gods did it, everything should NOT be the old gods did it (at least not so often show, should leave you to figure it out)... or at least it should be made clear to the hero that he is privvy to not so common knowledge, most of the denizens of Azeroth are completely unaware of the old gods for who they are, and many would deny that such intelligent malevolance exists. But not the hero, as you've seen and experienced their handiwork. THe Elves knew of them, but they are the only group to know. The elves probably learnt about them from Elune/Cenarius and the dragons who they've been pretty chummy with, which explains why no other race "commonly" knew about them. and i say commonly because i mean like everyone knowing, i'm sure certain individuals would have known, but most would not.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]