Satchel of helpful goods bug

19 Night Elf Druid
There's a bug where you can get the reward from satchel of helpful goods on any level character. This thing is ruining the 19 twink bracket, since not everyone has the chance / is willing to exploit this bug. Hope you fix this fast!
Edited by Mesikämmen on 15/12/2011 14:27 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Please edit out the exploit proceedure.
Reply Quote
19 Night Elf Druid
15/12/2011 14:20Posted by Dhamploc
Please edit out the exploit proceedure.

Yeah, obviously... Me and my brain :D
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
One question about this, what part is exploiting? its made BOA for a reason, and you wont get any extra benifits from opening it on lower lvl chars (unless something changed in the patch?)

what item is ruining the bracket? non-combat pets?
Reply Quote
Customer Service
Thanks a lot for the report Mesikämmen. A hotfix for this exploit has been implemented and will take effect very soon.
Reply Quote
19 Night Elf Druid
One question about this, what part is exploiting? its made BOA for a reason, and you wont get any extra benifits from opening it on lower lvl chars (unless something changed in the patch?)

what item is ruining the bracket? non-combat pets?

There is something you didn't quite understand... People of any level are getting the rewards from lvl 25-69 random dungeons, which gives them huge attribute boosts for that level.

For example, a lvl 19 twink would get 23 stam, 23 agi and 16 hit rating from shoulder only. That is almost 2x the yellow hit cap from shoulder only, also 23 agility is A LOT for lvl 19. 23 stamina is 10-20% more hp for any twink of that level...

And that is from the shoulders only.
Reply Quote
Customer Service
It can also be a huge XP boost too.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
oooh, didnt expect those items to be obtainable at lower lvls

well, the hotfix will probably be fast :)

(will probably be added level requirements to the items from the bags, thats apropriate with the dungeon lvl you get it from)
Edited by Dualstab on 15/12/2011 16:36 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
oooh, didnt expect those items to be obtainable at lower lvls

well, the hotfix will probably be fast :)

(will probably be added level requirements to the items from the bags, thats apropriate with the dungeon lvl you get it from)

That would be best, as it would stop people who've already exploited for gear to continue to benefit from it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
15/12/2011 16:26Posted by Natryndon
It can also be a huge XP boost too.

Full BRS clear...

Level 15...

Ouch.
Reply Quote
19 Night Elf Druid
Can anyone confirm if this has been fixed correctly now? All I know some people on twinkinfo says it has been fixed, but the gear itself has stayed untouched. So you can not gain high lvl satchel rewards anymore but the guys who got it when you were able to get it, still have it and can use it. Is this correct? If it is, I'm seriously considering of canceling my subscription, cus this sucks...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
if they only locked the satchels its no fun :(
should add level restrictions to the items from the bags
Reply Quote
19 Night Elf Druid
Indeed... God, why can't blizzard take anything seriously?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]