can someone explain the new Loot system lfr

(Locked)

i just finished my first raid at fall of deathwing and the siege of wyrmrest temple. in both places i had the luck to loot an item.

then i started another fall of deathwing run but the looting system says im not allowed to loot anymore ?

no complains i just want to understand it so i dont waste time running it multi times if im not getting anything out of it ?

anyone can explain please
85 Troll Druid
Once you have looted a boss or engaged the boss even (if you leave mid fight) you will then be locked on looting for the rest of the week.
You can still run it with your friends more times, but you will not get loot more than once/week on each boss you down, even if you didn't get any loot in the first run!

So you just have to kill all bosses once per week if you only want the loot.
Edited by Kortstubin on 17/12/2011 20:44 GMT
85 Draenei Warrior
Once you have looted a boss or engaged the boss even (if you leave mid fight) you will then be locked on looting for the rest of the week.
You can still run it with your friends more times, but you will not get loot more than once/week on each boss you down, even if you didn't get any loot in the first run!

Just sounds like a plan to keep people playing for longer as you can only loot once a week. Personally I think that is a crap system.
85 Troll Druid

Just sounds like a plan to keep people playing for longer as you can only loot once a week. Personally I think that is a crap system.

Ehm, this is just as it have been before. Kill a boss - you are saved and cannot kill it again / loot it, only this time you CAN kill it again, only just without the loot.
This is only for LFR tho, normal and hc work as they usually do. Kill, loot once a week. Just like always.
Edited by Kortstubin on 17/12/2011 20:49 GMT
wow even if i dont win a loot i will be locked for the whole week. thats humm thats kinda wrong man ?!!
85 Troll Druid
17/12/2011 20:49Posted by Cureless
wow even if i dont win a loot i will be locked for the whole week. thats humm thats kinda wrong man ?!!

No that is how it have been before? If you did firelands and downed all bosses but didn't get any loot? Well better luck next week. not next run.

so my guess is to run lfr at the end of the week so most of people are locked and leave u with some jewels :P
85 Troll Druid
17/12/2011 20:51Posted by Cureless
so my guess is to run lfr at the end of the week so most of people are locked and leave u with some jewels :P

If they are unaware of this system yes probably.
100 Draenei Mage

More probably you'll just get a longer queue and 24 other people who thought they'd be smart and wait for their loot.
85 Draenei Warrior
17/12/2011 20:56Posted by Taari

More probably you'll just get a longer queue and 24 other people who thought they'd be smart and wait for their loot.

Yeah trying to be clever usually backfires. Reminds me of when I thought of playing Arena on a Saterday afternoon as all the kids would be playing and it would be easier. Me and my partner lost every game.
90 Worgen Druid
17/12/2011 20:49Posted by Cureless

If you were able to loot bosses constantly untill you won an item, someone who play 24/7 would get as many items as there are bosses, that being 14 items in MoP launch, in like 1 day. This would mean the more you play the faster you get gear, this is not blizzards intentions.

I had the same idea, but turns out it was a bad one. Most skilled people do it asap wednesday, while the people you would get tuesday are either complete narblets or bad geared alts, ending up in several wipes.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]