Permanent BAN not completly fair Solution!?

21 Human Paladin
Hello. I'd like to express my view and believe on the Forum Bans.
It's not about me personally ,i'm talking in General here.

I was thinking about it ,and figured out that Giving someone a Permanent Ban (forum) ,after few warnings ,is afterall not a Completly Fair solution.

Why i think it's not:
Simply because from my view ,someone who pays to Play the Game ,have included a right to use it's Forum ,as long as he plays it.

I know many will say : well don't break rules ,ofc i got that.
But still afterall a Perma Ban is a bit to Serious for a Game.

It's a Game ,people have Fun ,people Rage ,get upset ,disapointed. Things happens at some bad moment. If someone get a Ban ,it should be some time period. But never really Perma.
Next time that person could post something helpfull or Constructive ,but he can't.

And for those who are here to just Troll forums ,Simply give them little ban ,next time they Troll ,bigger ,and bigger other time. To some Maxx 3months or 6 maybe - Ban. But that should be maxxed. So if that person comes back after 3-6 Months just to Troll again ,simply just Extend a Ban for another 3-6 Months. And so on.
You know ,people change.

And from this view MY Point is : As long as that person is Paying for the game and plays it ,He Have right to use a Forum aswell ,SIMPLE as that.

But i think Blizzard is taking it TO SERIOUS with Perma Bans.

Thats my view. Think about it.
Reply Quote
21 Human Paladin
I do not support Spamming and Trolling.

Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
If people break the rules - then you risk being banned for a set period of time.

When you sign up to the game you click "I agree" to the EULA and the Terms of Service which details how you are to behave on the game, and that also applies to the forums.

You can only give someone so many warnings, after that you should have your privileges removed completely - some people don't change their ways and will continue to violate the rules.

And from this view MY Point is : As long as that person is Paying for the game and plays it ,He Have right to use a Forum aswell ,SIMPLE as that.

Just because you pay for the game does not mean you are entitled to forum access, if you break the rules then the CS reps are entitled to removes your privileges to access the forums - the same applies in game.
Reply Quote
21 Human Paladin
17/12/2011 23:01Posted by Nemiah
When you sign up to the game you click "I agree" to the EULA and the Terms of Service

I didn't said Blizzard broke any rules if Terms if Service. And if i read it i know how it stands as it is.
On top of that ,i still have a right to Express my View and Concern (or however i'd call that) ,how things could be Upgraded (if i can say so).

17/12/2011 23:01Posted by Nemiah
some people don't change their ways and will continue to violate the rules.

Simply just extend the Ban over and over again ,But never Permanent As Long as they Pay and Play.
Giving everyone a fair chance to get better.
Permanent is TO Serious.

Anyone have a right to say their Issues ,Problems (whatever).

IT's all good ,you break rules ,you get Ban. But Perma ,Perma is never a Fair solution ,
IF you're mature enough you can understand ,that if someone broke the rule in a moment of Anger ,it's far from meaning he was wrong ,he could actually be Very Right ,but he used a bad language ,cause he was angry AtTM. Still not Worth of Perma Ban ,in my opinion.
And for Trolls ,i said above.
Edited by Bruceelee on 17/12/2011 23:20 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
RAR
17/12/2011 22:50Posted by Bruceelee
I do not support Spamming and Trolling.

nor do i and nor do i support cursing and imature languige on forums or in game !
so the systems is fien if you break the rules suffer the penalty you will get simple as that !
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
17/12/2011 23:08Posted by Bruceelee
When you sign up to the game you click "I agree" to the EULA and the Terms of Service

I didn't said Blizzard broke any rules if Terms if Service. And if i read it i know how it stands as it is.
On top of that ,i still have a right to Express my View and Concern (or however i'd call that) ,how things could be Upgraded (if i can say so).

You don't have a right to express your views and concerns anymore as your forum privileges has been revoked.
Reply Quote
21 Human Paladin
17/12/2011 23:17Posted by Fiskerdin
You don't have a right to express your views and concerns anymore

I (you,we) always have right to provide and/or express my (our) View for some Solution or Upgrade ,about anything that considers the game i (we) Pay and Care for.
Edited by Bruceelee on 17/12/2011 23:32 GMT
Reply Quote
- CS
90 Draenei Priest
Not if the person has lost the right because of their behaviour.
Reply Quote
21 Human Paladin
17/12/2011 23:28Posted by Ananda

Making that Perma? Well this is the thing i would Disagree with here completly (my point explained above at top).
Edited by Bruceelee on 17/12/2011 23:38 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
17/12/2011 23:37Posted by Bruceelee

Making that Perma? Well this is the thing i would Disagree with here completly (my point explained above at top).

Those are the rules, if you want to disagree with them, you'll have to find another place to disagree with them :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You say you have the right to keep posting and using the fora.

The rest of us also have that right, and we have the right to do so without harassment and abusive behaviour.

The do not stop you from reading the forum, so you always have access to the resource, but if you prove yourself incapable of respecting the other forum users, then Blizzard have a responsibility to protect their customers.

You say people can change. You are correct. That is why, except in extreme circumstances, Blizzard give temporary bans and ramp up to a perma-ban, to give someone that chance to grow up. If, after, what, a year of repeated bannings, you have not learned and changed, then you are unlikely to change in any meaningful way.

If someone has spent years trolling in between bans, eventually lost their right altogether, and has indeed turned over a new leaf, then they can get another posting account if they feel that strongly about it: your name and IP are not blocked, just that one account. Having to pay is a fitting penalty for someone who has caused such long-term disruption, and anyone who had truly changed would certainly not feel that that was unfair or unjust.
Reply Quote
21 Human Paladin
17/12/2011 23:51Posted by Kaytie
The rest of us also have that right, and we have the right to do so without harassment and abusive behaviour.

Absolutely

17/12/2011 23:51Posted by Kaytie
If, after, what, a year of repeated bannings, you have not learned and changed, then you are unlikely to change in any meaningful way.

You can reach perma lot faster than in year of warrnings. For silly things aswell.
People can change.
If Troll gets Ban for 3-6Months for example. 6 Months is pretty long era. Lot changes in Game in that time ,And if he will still be playing game after those 3-6 Months ,i think he won't troll again ,and if he do ,simply another 3-6 Months. Another Long Era.

But if he still plays the game During and after this time ,i think he Still got the right to Access the Forum ,as any player. Ofc if he Trolls again ,3-6Months again. But atleast he got another chance ,since he played game in meanwhile ,should count something. You know.
Edited by Bruceelee on 18/12/2011 00:01 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
17/12/2011 23:53Posted by Bruceelee
You can reach perma lot faster than in year of warrnings. For silly things aswell.

Think this is the issue: what do you class as "silly things"?

Assuming it's a genuinely minor issue. You get banned for a day or so, then a week, then a month, then maybe three months, before the perma. You'd have to be getting banned within a week of getting your forum access back each time, showing no remorse, respect, or care. That requires some fairly deliberate rule-breaking: you're not just being a little silly or rebellious, you're actively trying to inflict as much damage as possible. That makes for a very bad person, and you'd have to seriously change your personality to be worth yet another chance. again, pretty rare that that can happen, so extreme would the change have to be.
Reply Quote
MVP - WoW, Diablo III
85 Draenei Shaman
We are of course all entitled to voice our opinions on forum moderation, they even provide a feedback email address so we can do just that...

CMFeedback-EN@blizzard.com

This being said, I am afraid the blizzard staff that man the two support forums (Customer and Technical Support) do not moderate outside them, all the other wow forums are moderated by the Community Team: Wryxian, Takralus, Vaneras and Nakatoir. The CS reps will not be able to comment on their moderation methods I am afraid.
Reply Quote
21 Human Paladin
Assuming it's a genuinely minor issue. You get banned for a day or so, then a week, then a month, then maybe three months, before the perma.

After month is Perma. You can get it just to post a link from YouTube.

I dont' like to repeat myself ,but my point is Simply :
It should never be Permanent. As long as person got Account active and Pays or it.

Again i'll say : Don't get me wrong ,i do not support trolling etc.
But i do not support Permanent Locks. Unless someone is making a life Threats ,or some spamming Really non-human extreme things etc. Extreme cases.

reply to Kaytie. as you disagree with me ,
i just simply disagree with Permanent Locks ,while person got account active. That's a bit Unfair solution.

rules broken :
Ban : Yes (absolutelly).
Perma : Never. (players Pays and Plays the game afterall).
As long as Account is active ,it should never be perma.

I'll try to shut up now. I'm just repeating my point ,just read it above. Ty
Reply Quote
21 Human Paladin
18/12/2011 00:13Posted by Shammoz
The CS reps will not be able to comment on their moderation methods I am afraid

Well if they find my point - Fair/Good enough to discuss it further ,i'm sure they can redirect my Concern further to where it need to go ,anyway.

18/12/2011 00:13Posted by Shammoz
CMFeedback-EN@blizzard.com

Ty for the E-mail ,i may aswell copy my post to here.

I'll shut up now :)
Edited by Bruceelee on 18/12/2011 00:28 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I pay for the game too. My right to a clean, friendly forum trumps anyone elses right to swear, troll or generally be abusive.

It's that simple.

If after multiple warnings these people do not stop then a permanent ban is the most suitable solution.

People can change, but not all of them will. Just because they pay and play doesn't mean they should be able to post, if they can't post according to the rules. They can still read, so the only loss is the ability to abuse people, so it's not that harsh.

I've always believed, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. Some people need more help restraining themselves than others.

Edited for profanity
Edited by Faylanna on 18/12/2011 02:35 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
17/12/2011 22:44Posted by Bruceelee

Wrong. I have been banned for 3 weeks 2 justified, one not.

The forums are what is called a value added service, which means you do not pay for it and there are strict rules governing how and when to post.

If someone breaks those rules, like not searching before posting, they deserve a ban. So much is gotten away with because people do not report it and when it is reported and someone is banned they call it unfair.

If you offend in a serious way you should be stopped from posting in the future. Permabans are only handed out to serious serial offenders.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
18/12/2011 00:21Posted by Bruceelee
You can get it just to post a link from YouTube.

Not true.

You can get your account suspended/banned for linking videos from youtube that are inappropriate to the forums such as used for trolling, contain offensive material, game exploits, leaks of upcoming content etc

While it might not seem fair to the person being banned, I think a permanent ban after suitable warnings in the form of a suspension is perfectly fair. As well as removing someone who's shown they are unable to keep to an agreed level of behavior (that isn't even enforced that strictly) it helps discourate others.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]