The Stormguard - Recruiting the Worthy really

85 Human Paladin
"They hate you."

"They fear us. They hate what they cannot destroy."

The words cut through the air, thick with such certainty that made it difficult to argue. The towering woman in gold continued, icily calm.

"It is better that they do. They will never know what it means to have the lives of hundreds rest upon your shoulders. They will never know what it means to serve in the Stormguard - all but a few. A few will overcome their fear, master it, become it."

She turned, then. Her eyes were narrowed, sharpening the ethereal blue that illuminated them. Her voice carried with it a determined pride.

"These few will make my Stormguard - and we shall know no defeat."

"Discipline is what makes a soldier from a man. It is what makes an army from rabble. It is what makes victory from certain defeat."

Field Marshal Amarae paced along the line, slow but sure footfalls of golden sabatons thudding against the mud. Each soldier, dressed in blue and gold, listened in silence, knowing well the example made of those who crossed their imposing commander.

"Discipline," she went on, "is cohesiveness. It is efficiency. It is perfection. It is control. Control of your body, control of your mind, your fury, your fear."

A gauntleted hand snatched the air before her, clutching her fist. She stood still, regarding the attentive soldiers.

Her hand was flung out towards the horizon, open.

"Know discipline - and we shall know no defeat."

"They will know fear. They will know pain. But we, Stormguard-"

The chorus of voices thundered in unison with the familiar words.

"WE SHALL KNOW NO DEFEAT!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for taking an interest in the Stormguard!

We are one of the oldest roleplaying guilds on Argent Dawn, with a history of around 5 years. Though leadership and direction has naturally changed over time, the guild's values remain concrete: a tightly-knit guild united by friendship and a high standard of roleplay.

Officially known as the Stormwind First Expeditionary Company, the Stormguard is of course a military guild, serving the Kingdom of Stormwind. We strive to keep above the brush of "another boring military guild" by having a unique guild personality, a strong reputation and original, interesting characters.

To this end, recruitment is strict. First and foremost, we accept only humans and dwarves. No other races will be considered. Ever. Death knights and warlocks (unless you are a "fire mage") will also be rejected, beaten, and thrown in the canals.

Secondly, your character must suit the guild. While the Stormguard is neither particularly good nor evil, there are limitations. Your character must have a favourable history with the Alliance, must be of reasonable allegiances and must not be an obvious criminal. Military experience and a personality befitting the army will go a long way in helping an application.

Thirdly, original, thought-out characters will be favoured over textbook-answers when applying. Characters with a believable history, interesting personality and creative roleplay will be given preference.

Lastly, dedication. Every recruit to the Stormguard must swear an oath that remains until dismissed by a commanding officer, or death. Leavers of the guild will be given only one opportunity to return, during which they must suffer a painful lashing ritual. Leave again, or be discharged, and your character will be permanently barred from enlisting outside of exceptional circumstances. We value and promote long-lasting character development, so consider well if this is the guild for you.

Manage all of this and we can promise you a wealth of characters to interact with, participation in the events of the Alliance alongside other prestigious guilds, events and campaigns for character development, and a strong OOC community. Also, you get to beat up elves.

Contact Amarae in-game, by whisper or mail, to see about joining up or if you have any questions at all. Thank you for reading!

-- Last thread reached the limit again, so it's time for round three.
Edited by Amarae on 02/04/2012 01:37 BST
85 Human Mage
Pazzie, a recruit of the Stormguard stood in my defence when I was beaten up. You've earned yourself a bump Amarae, for having awesome guild members.
85 Human Warrior
Recruit? Anth you are so mean..
85 Human Mage
19/12/2011 16:24Posted by Pazzie
Recruit? Anth you are so mean..

Take that for saying that I hired you to bump my thread!
5 Undead Rogue
You should join Amarae. She is a guild master that never ever gives up on her guild.

While TSG isn't the best guild on the realm you can trust her unlike many other guild masters.

Also she has gold. Plenty of gold.

85 Orc Warrior
amarae can i have your gold when you quit :).
85 Human Paladin
Since TSG is the best guild on the realm you can trust her unlike many other guild masters.

Sorry Thylette, it's echoey in here.
5 Undead Rogue
After seeing what has happened to AD, yes. TSG is the best guild on the realm. You should join, all of you.
90 Night Elf Mage
You should also mention: Realistic and ASoIaF free!

85 Human Warrior
ASoIaF free? Yes, aside from the guildchat that is!
90 Night Elf Mage
20/12/2011 10:11Posted by Pazzie
ASoIaF free? Yes, aside from the guildchat that is!

And aside from my WoW x ASoIaF crossover fanfiction, where Amarae meets Jon Snow, resurrects him only to have her Stormguard beat him to death... And she also burns Melisandre at the stake.
85 Gnome Rogue
You keep beating up little homeless kids - Now I have noone to beat up!
You've earnt yourself a non-Bump -.. Waaaait a minute..
48 Human Hunter
19/12/2011 19:30Posted by Amarae
Since TSG is the best guild on the realm you can trust her unlike many other guild masters.

Sorry Thylette, it's echoey in here.

TSG is the best guild on the realm, indeed.

The Silver Gauntlet, that is.
Edited by Wílhelmina on 20/12/2011 11:39 GMT
85 Human Paladin
20/12/2011 10:33Posted by Mystral
And aside from my WoW x ASoIaF crossover fanfiction, where Amarae meets Jon Snow, resurrects him only to have her Stormguard beat him to death... And she also burns Melisandre at the stake.

I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
87 Worgen Warlock
Join the Stormguard, because being loved is for pansies.
90 Dwarf Warrior
hm so where do i sign up?
on a paper or is it hammer smashed face? *covers face*
1 Dwarf Priest
Join Stormguard. The guard guild that leaves it's city to fight in foreign lands for some reason.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]